• Walt K.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Hank's
    3736 MLK
    Indy In

You asked for the name of the best... I gave it.

It is a hole in the wall and is carry out only.... and it is the best in the State.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I don't know about BEST but definitely don't waste your time going to Mr. T's BBQ in Wanamaker.

They just opened in May and looked very promising as the guys smoker is out front and almost always active.

Unfortunately the meat itself was TERRIBLE... I have tried the half chicken, pulled pork and pork ribs. The sauce is extremely heavy on the vinegar and sugar, the meat is tough and poorly finished. This is all very sad to me because they seem like SUPER nice people and I was really hoping for some great BBQ close to home.

bthomas

Marksman
    Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Winchester
    Thanks guys, now I have a reason to take 2 diff trips to southern IN. I will be headed to Georgetown, and New Albany. QLs in Muncie I will try anytime as I work in Muncie. I forgot to mention Petes Duck Inn. In Albany They sell a biscuit sandwich called the yummy. Its not the best but if your in the area its def worth trying.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    Edinburgh has a nice little joint called Hickory Hills BBQ. They serve a chicken, bacon(smoked thick cut) and swiss(other cheeses avail.) sandwich on Wednesday's that is to die for. Great pulled pork too. It is located on 31 just north of the Jay C store.

akethan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    I have some brisket left if you are hungry. The chicken & pork is all gone. :D

060.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I just ate at a place in Franktucky. Here's the website. HILLBILLY BBQ Advertised as the best bbq south of the Mississippi. I wasn't a geography major but I'm not really sure how you get south of the Mississippi. If this is the best bbq, I'm never eating it again.

Top Bottom