• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfmanusf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    I want to get into pistol shooting, but do not really know where to start. How did you all get started? Any suggestions to a newbie?

GLOCK91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    I started in the steel match at ACC and everybody was real helpful. I felt the steel match was easier to learn the range commands and get used to the way things go.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Have you decided which of the sports you are interested in trying first? Cause you have IDPA at ACC next sat, then you have Friday Night steel on the 14, And if weather permits Steel challenge on the 15 at ACC. I think there is a Uspsa match scheduled down south for the 16th but not sure. All good choices. Just let us know which one and we can give you a list of things that you might want to take or need.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    shameless plug

Plenty of matches to try out but this class would save you plenty of time and money by allowing a new competitor to avoid the trial and error method of learning the game. (If steel challenge or USPSA is the game)

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...441-act_s_competition_101_april_9_2011_a.html

This course (link below) will teach a draw stroke, snapping the eyes, and reloads and many skills that will be useful in competition and daily carry of a handgun.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ng_and_training/120656-ip_101_march_13_a.html

I am also hosting an informal shoot next Sunday. It is not training but could prove useful. Email me if interested and I send you directions.

Top Bottom