• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    i've had exactly one jam using a GI mag and Brown Bear ammo. Other than that one incident, my 6920 has given me no problems.

That is great news. I figured with it being a colt it would be a quality product. You still see some reviews where people have a lot of problems with it but that is with every firearm really. I can't wait to put some rounds through it! Any certain ammo it likes best?...... Sorry for all the questions.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    congrats on the pick up, i love mine
    picture.php

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Thats awesome! Im glad you liked the place. Happy to hear it worked out for you. Ill tell you what my grandmothers house/personal shooting range/dirtbike track is just down the road a piece from G&O. Maybe we can get together sometime and Ill let you shoot my SCAR 16 if you let me shoot your LE6920. Deal?

Just one thing BYOA (bring your own ammo) Nothing personal its just a rule at my range. All my friends can shoot all of thier own ammo they want at my range. LOL.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Thats awesome! Im glad you liked the place. Happy to hear it worked out for you. Ill tell you what my grandmothers house/personal shooting range/dirtbike track is just down the road a piece from G&O. Maybe we can get together sometime and Ill let you shoot my SCAR 16 if you let me shoot your LE6920. Deal?

Just one thing BYOA (bring your own ammo) Nothing personal its just a rule at my range. All my friends can shoot all of thier own ammo they want at my range. LOL.

Yea that sounds like a plan. Next time I'm planning a trip that way I'll look ya up ahead of time and see what you are up to.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    That is great news. I figured with it being a colt it would be a quality product. You still see some reviews where people have a lot of problems with it but that is with every firearm really. I can't wait to put some rounds through it! Any certain ammo it likes best?...... Sorry for all the questions.

no, it has eaten every thing i fed it...lots of AE, BB, Federal, PMC.

And in all honesty, a quality AR should be able to eat any type of ammo. That whole "I won't shoot steel cased stuff" is ridiculous. If your Colt can't handle Brown/Silver Bear, send it back to CT. :yesway:

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    no, it has eaten every thing i fed it...lots of AE, BB, Federal, PMC.

And in all honesty, a quality AR should be able to eat any type of ammo. That whole "I won't shoot steel cased stuff" is ridiculous. If your Colt can't handle Brown/Silver Bear, send it back to CT. :yesway:

Every AR I've shot steel through has functioned just fine for me. I just didn't know how the 1:7 twist would be accuracy wise with the cheaper stuff? I really haven't had that much experience with the 1:7 twist so I'm kinda newbie here when it comes to that. I mean I didnt buy the gun for precision accuracy or anything. I'd just like it to hit steel or paper out so far though.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The tighter 1:7" twist rate helps to stabilize heavier bullets.

You might enjoy reading this: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lets_of_various_weights_and_four_powders.html

What he said. In my experiance with the 1:7 twist on my SCAR-16 ive noticed improved accuracy with just about everything over the 1:9 twist on my Bushmaster. Then agian its a totally different platform too so maybe the SCAR platform is just more accurate its hard telling. But in any case i like the 1:7 better bc it will stabilize 55gr and heavier and gives you a wider selection of mil-surp ammo (62gr and up) to choose from without worrys of accuracy lose.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    What he said. In my experiance with the 1:7 twist on my SCAR-16 ive noticed improved accuracy with just about everything over the 1:9 twist on my Bushmaster. Then agian its a totally different platform too so maybe the SCAR platform is just more accurate its hard telling. But in any case i like the 1:7 better bc it will stabilize 55gr and heavier and gives you a wider selection of mil-surp ammo (62gr and up) to choose from without worrys of accuracy lose.

I was hoping i would still be able to shoot 55's with a little accuracy. Where i live thats about all there is, nothing heavier.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I haven't read the entire thread, did you find a 6920 yet?
    If not pick up a current issue of shotgun news. Wal-mart usually carries them in the magazine rack. In an issue from earlier this month I saw someone had them for $899. I'll go look for it and update this post in a few minutes.

Edit--
    MY bad they are 6520's new in box with 2 20 rd mags for $899
    www.birminghampistolwholesale.com And it was the Dec 10 issue of the shotgun news

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I haven't read the entire thread, did you find a 6920 yet?
    If not pick up a current issue of shotgun news. Wal-mart usually carries them in the magazine rack. In an issue from earlier this month I saw someone had them for $899. I'll go look for it and update this post in a few minutes.

Edit--
    MY bad they are 6520's new in box with 2 20 rd mags for $899
    www.birminghampistolwholesale.com And it was the Dec 10 issue of the shotgun news

Man i was gonna say, that is a really good deal. I ended up picking one up a little less than a week ago. I absolutely love it. Im getting ready to order my parts to do a 2 tone job. It should be nice!

PvtPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I have been looking EVERYWHERE and have had no luck! I live in Wisconsin. Can anyone help me?! I am willing to drive to get one

XSVskill

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Decatur, IN
    I have been looking EVERYWHERE and have had no luck! I live in Wisconsin. Can anyone help me?! I am willing to drive to get one
    Good luck finding one in the current atmosphere...6920's are one of the more desireable models so if you do happen to find one it will probably cost 2 or 3 times what it is worth.

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    I just bought a LE6920 from Florida Gun Exchange for $1100 via Gun Broker. Shipping was included.

Holy crap. How did you score that? I've been looking on there for weeks and haven't seen a Colt AR for anything less than 2k

Top Bottom