• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Have you had your hands on the new stock yet?

Sure have. Got to play with one that belonged to MontereyC6.

The friction lock was quite strong and locked very positively into place. The release lever is protected and it has QD slots, like the Magpul CTR. An added benefit is that it can be converted to work with both milspec and commercial buffer tubes.

ecd2e0c4.jpg

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Sure have. Got to play with one that belonged to MontereyC6.

The friction lock was quite strong and locked very positively into place. The release lever is protected and it has QD slots, like the Magpul CTR. An added benefit is that it can be converted to work with both milspec and commercial buffer tubes.

ecd2e0c4.jpg

Very cool! Thanks for the feedback.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Thats pretty much dead on description of G&O Pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Butch will probably have his old hunting dog with him and shes just as friendly as butch is.

Esrice You forgot the phone number so he can call about the rifle in question. Its (317)-996-4500. Its a Martinsville Address with a (317) area code that should tell you a little about how far out there in the county of Morgan that it is.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Well hopefully the good ol gps will get me there. I think I'm gonna make the trip to just to check it out. It sounds like a really nice place. If I end up making the trip ill definitely get on here and let ya know how it goes. Hopefully I'll be posting pics too. : )

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Sounds like it is a great gun shop. I can't wait to get over there and check it out. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited! Lol

Sweet! Be sure that you get on thier mailing list too. They send out monthly best buy lists with thier deals that month.

I hope you find a good deal thats worth your trip. Id hate to recomend a place and have you drive all the way down here and it not be worth your while, and you end up cursing thier name and mine. Im sure youll get just what your looking for though. I wish I knew the price he had listed on it so I could tell you, but it just didnt spark my interest enough to ask bc i already have an AR-15 and SCAR-16S.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Oh I wouldn't do that. I actually enjoy just getting out and seeing what's out there. I like checking out new places. Man I bet that scar s is nice. That one is definitely on my wish list. Very nice!

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Well i ended up picking one up at guns and ordnance, it was his last one. He said he had one or 2 LE6520's in the back though. Thanks for help in finding this beautiful rifle

6b3a6309.jpg

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    is this your first AR? First Pony?

my 6920 looked like that....but somehow morphed into this monster
    20110602183651.jpg

Oh no, ive have a few others. I currently have 3 right now including this new one. This is my first colt though. I havent shot it yet but so far i am in love. Ive had a few colt 1911's and absolutely loved them so I had to try out the AR. Yours is very nice. I cant decide whether i was to accessorize mine or leave it alone. Im sure it will get decked out eventually though! :D

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Oh no, ive have a few others. I currently have 3 right now including this new one. This is my first colt though. I havent shot it yet but so far i am in love. Ive had a few colt 1911's and absolutely loved them so I had to try out the AR. Yours is very nice. I cant decide whether i was to accessorize mine or leave it alone. Im sure it will get decked out eventually though! :D

very good! I also love my Colt 1911. I only have one, a black army WWI repro, but it is sweeeeeeet.

I said I would leave my Colt fairly stock in the beginning too. Just didn't work out that way. Maybe if I buy another one......:ar15::laugh:

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I had a 70 series and an 80 series XSE, both stainless government models. Id give almost anything to have the XSE back. I loved it. I traded it off on an impulse trade and i kick myself in the A*% everyday!.......... Have you had good luck with your 6920 so far though?

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I had a 70 series and an 80 series XSE, both stainless government models. Id give almost anything to have the XSE back. I loved it. I traded it off on an impulse trade and i kick myself in the A*% everyday!.......... Have you had good luck with your 6920 so far though?

i've had exactly one jam using a GI mag and Brown Bear ammo. Other than that one incident, my 6920 has given me no problems.

Top Bottom