• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    nice part its inland enough to not need flood insurance, it's a newer home with concrete block construction and a new roof in 2019 (built to newer standards). about 20-ish miles as the crow flies from the coast.
    That’s all well and good but there’s never been a hurricane in southern Indiana, you know. Build a shanty up on top of a ridge and you don’t need flood insurance either.
    Not sure if anyone’s mentioned this yet or not.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    That’s all well and good but there’s never been a hurricane in southern Indiana, you know. Build a shanty up on top of a ridge and you don’t need flood insurance either.
    Not sure if anyone’s mentioned this yet or not.
    If it was actually sunny in winter for most of it, and there was actually a decent amount of daylight hours I would be ok with that. Its not, does not and so I am not OK with it.
    GODDAMMIT HE'S NOT STAYING IN ****ING DEPRESSING ASS INDIANA!!!

:):
    i mean the physical reasons are anything above the 37th parallel do not offer enough sunshine hours to provide your body with the correct amount of vitamin d, leading to depression among other things. That doesn’t even take into account the cloudy gloomy days.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    How did you come to pick Florida? Tampa is not exactly Miami, but still pretty humid all year round.
    North of Tampa in the gulf coast. Inland is humid. Closer to the coast the gulf breeze makes it more manageable. We have family and friends in the area as well as there neutrinos for the wife to do. She loves the beach and water so deciding that over desert is pretty easy.

And like I said, property close to the coasts are not losing value and if we decide we don’t like it, we sell and move on. No mortgage here and there won’t be one there after a few years so we will still make money on it.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Also, we know what Florida is like. I've been going twice a year since I was 3 years old. She's been going since she was 5. She has an aunt, cousins all down in the gainesville/Ocala area. We are looking in the Crystal River/Hernando/Homossassa area.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sorry that I'm not staying in a place I've lived my whole life and does not benefit my mental health.
    It's just a cute little joke.

I'm in kinda the same position as yourself. But really my wife is not into moving with me. Oh well. Hope she has fun here.

I'm thinkin New Mexico for myself. If nothing else, just to invest in inexpensive property.

Just as I typed this my idiot neighbors' car alarm is going off for the 5th time today. Hate this place.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It's just a cute little joke.

I'm in kinda the same position as yourself. But really my wife is not into moving with me. Oh well. Hope she has fun here.

I'm thinkin New Mexico for myself. If nothing else, just to invest in inexpensive property.

Just as I typed this my idiot neighbors' car alarm is going off for the 5th time today. Hate this place.
    New Mexico was written off long ago. They are such a hardcore blue state I couldn't make it. Pretty, property is cheapish but nope.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    anything above the 37th parallel do not offer enough sunshine hours to provide your body with the correct amount of vitamin d, leading to depression among other things
    Drink whole milk like I do, you'll get plenty of D and omega-3 too!
    A growing body of research shows that instead of being associated with a risk of obesity, full-fat dairy may have a paradoxical protective effect against excess weight gain.

Milk is supplemented with vitamin D, which is only naturally found in a handful of foods—so if your intake of the sunshine vitamin isn’t that high, going for fuller-fat dairy might be a good call.​
    In the past, whole milk was considered unhealthy because of its saturated fat content, but recent research does not fully support this recommendation.​

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    What about cheeky and fun Indiana? Did anyone mention *insert random place in Indiana here* yet? Has he considered *random place* due to it's *insert local attraction* and the *insert local dish* at *insert local restaurant*, which is to die for?
    If you read closely you'll see his wife picked the location for him. When you think about it, any good husband would do the same. Bob is being good for once. This is a rare moment and should be remembered. :cool:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    GODDAMMIT HE'S NOT STAYING IN ****ING DEPRESSING ASS INDIANA!!!

:):
    Having lived for many years in SW Texas, when we moved back to Indiana, it took a lot of years to get used to not having a lot of clear blue skies nearly all the time. I still get a little depressed with the long stretches of cloudy days here.

Top Bottom