• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Wife and I are about done with Whitestown/Zionsville "expansion" and our little rural area destroyed for mega-warehouses. So we are planning in the next 5-7 to possibly retire, sell and move somewhere else. The wife grew up in Jersey, live in NW New Mexico on a reservation for almost 2 years teaching before moving back to Indiana (where she went to college). I've lived in this state my entire 48 years. I'm tired of our winters the most. The gray, colorless, cold soul-crushing winters. We have been considering purchasing the inlaws house in Southern Arizona because we like the house, and the view and climate are good for us. But its in a subdivision (strike 1) in a state turning blue fast (strike 2).

So that leaves us where? We need some place that $450k buys us a decent home, has decent laws and not blue. Above all else it needs to be pretty and the winters not suck the life out of you. Ideas? Where would INGO move to not be in oppressive humid summers, soul-crushing winters and decent politics.
    This place was on the market a while back, but I am pretty certain it has been snatched up.

The old saying is, "good fences make good neighbors." Even more so when there is plenty of acreage before the fence.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    This place was on the market a while back, but I am pretty certain it has been snatched up.

The old saying is, "good fences make good neighbors." Even more so when there is plenty of acreage before the fence.
    My dad wanted to sell the farm and buy land in Vail in about 79 or so, when land here had peaked at 3000 up from 4-600 for years. He had caught the ski bug in Vail about ‘73.
    Mom said no.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    My dad wanted to sell the farm and buy land in Vail in about 79 or so, when land here had peaked at 3000 up from 4-600 for years. He had caught the ski bug in Vail about ‘73.
    Mom said no.

Yep...Might be a similar comment posted about me some day. Found a bunch of land with no improvements in Montana a while back. Better half not nearly as excited.

Some day, this whole continent may look like some ******* strip mall.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

I mean... if I wanted to hide from people this is where I'd go:
    96000 acres That equates to a square that is 13 miles on each side. Put your house in the middle, it's over 6 miles to get off your property in any direction.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Some day, this whole continent may look like some ******* strip mall.
    You are probably correct it just depends on the timeline. Thankfully I should be dead before it gets that bad. We live in a nice small community that is unincorporated county with a small town that is next door. This part of the county has been known to discourage development. Jim.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    If I were single, and could do it, I'd move to someplace gun friendly, and live like Ted Kazenski (without the blowing people up) in a cabin in the woods. My dream is Kaycee Wyoming, don't know why, but that is my dream place to live.. Good enough for Chris LeDoux....

Top Bottom