When did golf carts and side by sides become so common?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Since when did golf carts and side-by-sides become common place?

Since people became so lazy that they would rather spend $5k than walk to the neighbors house, or in MY neighbors case, too lazy to walk to the shed in his back yard.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Around me, people use them for what I use either a small tractor and wagon for, or my pickup. For instance, transporting tools, feed, hay, dirt, manure around the property. Also to take the garbage cans out which need to go about 500 350 yards from my house.

But yeah, in the suburban neighborhoods where I see these, I see a correlation with obesity.

* Edited due to overestimation of distance based upon being old...but it is uphill both ways.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Around me, people use them for what I use either a small tractor and wagon for, or my pickup. For instance, transporting tools, feed, hay, dirt, manure around the property. Also to take the garbage cans out which need to go about 500 350 yards from my house.

But yeah, in the suburban neighborhoods where I see these, I see a correlation with obesity.

* Edited due to overestimation of distance based upon being old...but it is uphill both ways.
    Like the electric carts in the supermarket

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    LOL…. this reminded me about this one incident with one of my neighbors who was on his golf cart. He’s a big ol’ boy. It occurred to me a hover round scooter might not have the load carrying capacity that that golf cart did. (I found he doesn’t like guns and doesn’t think people ought to carry them).

garni

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2018
    New Albany
    I guess some of those side by sides are pretty quick flat out tear it up off road, so I can see that being a toy for someone, but the golf cart, I don’t know, i never understood that one either.
    The reason why the golf cart is so popular is that you can just plug it into your home and the next time you want to use it you just unplug it and off you go.

garni

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2018
    New Albany
    LOL…. this reminded me about this one incident with one of my neighbors who was on his golf cart. He’s a big ol’ boy. It occurred to me a hover round scooter might not have the load carrying capacity that that golf cart did. (I found he doesn’t like guns and doesn’t think people ought to carry them).
    He should not carry a gun, and he is welcome to his own opinion. As for us we are allowed to carry them and I will.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    To answer the OP's question in the thread title, about an hour ago at our homestead.
    I said "never", momma said "now".
    Her knee surgery is still almost a year out and she can't even walk our new property, so here we go.
    At least I have leverage when it comes tractor buying time, I'm thinking I'd like something in JD green.
    Seriously tho, I'm happy she got it.
    20221003_175156.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The house were building in SD is on a golf course, I can come out of the house and in about 40 yards be on the 14th hole. The houses being built on either side of me have a garage door on the rear of the house with a little golf cart driveway connecting to the private paved path behind our houses, might have to take up golf?

Top Bottom