• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • larrville

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    N/W Indiana, 46350
    My EDC, Ruger LCRx, .357 mag, 3" barrel with LaserMax. I have a bunch of pistols but I've been battling throat cancer for over 12 years. Years of chemo, radiation, and immunol treatment has left my hands too weak to rack a slide dependably. I'm in rehab and i hope to regain the strength again. For now, I've gotten proficient operating this wheelgun. 20231214_220217.jpg

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Just got this, I have to be done buying/trading…. Got the stink eye from my wife..
    Model 85 Taurus, .38 spl, 3” bbl, 5 shot... have to get new grips, the current ones are boot grips, they make the gun barrel heavy, Hogue grips are my next purchase...

Attachments

• IMG_4633.jpeg
      IMG_4633.jpeg
      374.4 KB · Views: 7
    • IMG_4632.jpeg
      IMG_4632.jpeg
      331.5 KB · Views: 7
    Last edited:

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Purchased today at the Tipton Gun Show.
    S&W Model 29-10 and a two cavity Lee 44 wadcutter bullet mould.

I’m not pleased with the appearance of the laminated grips and their pressed checkering but I have to admit they fit me better and seem more comfortable than the older N-frame target grips ever did.

Attachments

• IMG_1107.jpeg
      IMG_1107.jpeg
      554.4 KB · Views: 28

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    State of the art Revolvers. That sounds funny even saying it.
    Top gun is a USPSA/ICORE gun. It is a 929 S&W 8 shot gun with the 9mm Titanium cylinder removed and a Steel 38 super cylinder installed. Gun has action job and different sights installed. Probably around 25k rounds thru it.
    Bottom gun is a customers Super GP100 in for some work. It is a 8 shot 9mm. I believe it has been back to the factory for repairs at least once. Much prefer the trigger on the S&W but I can actually reload the GP100 about as fast as I can the S&W and that is just picking it up and not doing any practice. Ruger is a pain in the a** to work on and they won't supply me any parts.
    Looks is subjective but I always preferred the S&W looks. I believe with a few more clips thru the Ruger I could shoot it as well as the S&W. The Ruger is a really rare bird and they don't seem to be making very many but it is a small market(competition revolver).
    S&W still owns the competition revolver market. 929vsGP100.jpg

Top Bottom