• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You know, depending on the training, there may be different ways of saying practically everything that is done.

Reloading vs. Recharging
    Load vs. Charge
    Gun vs. Weapon
    Weapon vs. Firearm
    Training vs. Education
    Holster vs. Safety
    Holster vs. Re-holster
    Ammo vs. Bullets
    Fire vs. Shoot
    Hat vs. Cover

Even if it was clip vs. magazine, we all know what is being said.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Thanks a lot rhino. I was going to relate to Ryan that it is a common term in the training world but he wouldn't know that since those comp guys are always busy doing things that will get them killed in the real world. Nooo, you had to go and ruin it for me.

Seriously though, I like and use the term. It is accurate and descriptive without being to sciencey.:) It is also very relevant for an appendix carrier such as myself.

yup, always doing stuff that'll get me killed.... eg not using the latest trademarked hipster buzzword for something Ive been doing for well over a decade. Whew, I need some current tactical training to keep my lexicon up to snuff!

Whether you call it "trying not to shoot yourself when you holster" or you're hip w/ the new buzzwords, it should be done all the time. Dont just toss the hot gun in the belt-mounted gun bucket.

"relunctantly" doesn't really sound like the right adverb. I'm not hesitant or unwilling.... I like rhino's adverbs better. Quick, rhino, trademark them!

-rvb

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Is this really an issue?! My God, you all win. I'll try to use words that EVERYONE agrees with the next time.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Is this really an issue?! My God, you all win. I'll try to use words that EVERYONE agrees with the next time.

Dude ... I really didn't know what you meant. I had to take my best guess based on the context and my limited knowledge of you and your training background. If it were someone we didn't know at all, I would have had little understanding of what they meant had they used the same term. So my thing was that I didn't understand, and now I do, so problem solved.

I think rvb's real point was that holstering reluctantly/deliberately/carefully/no cill i should be done each and every time a gun is holstered. In fact, you probably do just that (and even in the video, albeit abbreviated by your own assessment). I saw it more as asserting a message for everyone reading this.

​rhino out!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Dude ... I really didn't know what you meant. I had to take my best guess based on the context

ditto

I think rvb's real point was that holstering reluctantly/deliberately/carefully/no cill i should be done each and every time a gun is holstered ... more as asserting a message for everyone reading this.

yup. rest was friendly banter.

-rvb OUT!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    ditto

yup. rest was friendly banter.

-rvb OUT!

My bad, then. I guess I took it the wrong way. I remember threads going five pages just from magazine/clip and people getting really upset. I just didn't want anyone to think I was attempting to go against whatever the term is. I'm just expressing it the way I learned.

Top Bottom