• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I'm the happy owner of a G21 and now a XD-40. I was on gunbroker earlier and for whatever reason Glock mags are going for full retard prices ($140x2, saw one mag for $90!). Same at the "CLIPS" table at the 1500, 60 bones for a 13 round mag. But for some reason the XD's are going for reasonable prices (489) and the mags are a little inflated (35 bucks for a 12rd). What is the deal with the Glocks? I'm not bitter or anything, I was smart and bought a few extras for 23 a piece the day of the CT shooting, I'm just curious. I'm sure it's gonna be the first pistol on Feinswine's list.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    Welcome to the world of free market pricing. During the ban of 1994 they were priced around $100 each. If your LE Jenkins on 21st Street has, or had some in stock at regular November price. There are some still in Gander Mtn stores around $30-$40

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    $100? Holy crap! I gt the whole free market deal, have used it to my advantage a few times in the past month lol. I just don't get why other "high cap" pistol mags aren't through the roof. But yeah, I was at Jenkins the other day. They only raised the price to $28 from $23. Not too shabby. Their Glock and AR selection is dry, they still have a few sigs and revolvers left.

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    The market for Glocks is about 10x that as XD series pistols. It's basic supply and demand. Glock has been producing pretty much the same gun for the last 30 years so they have an established market to support. Springfields market is primarily from nibbling away at Glocks over the last few years.

I'm also not saying that Glock is 99.9% of the handgun market either. Just pointing out that for YEARS if you wanted a (affordable) hammerless pistol your choices were a Glock or a Sigma... I know 20 Glock owners from G2 to present. I know 1 guy with a Sigma... I'm just saying.

Glock mags are going to command a premium now in this hype, there are to many buyers all trying to get their hands on the same product. Personally I need 3 more G17 mags before I'm good so I suppose after I wrap up a few other loose ends I will be standing in the full retard line too.

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    what is the deal with glocks period. i just dont understand.

Clearly you haven't fired one. Once you fire a Glock, the windows of heaven will open, angels will sing, Gaston will look down and smile upon you. James Yeager might make an appearance. /purple

P.S. I sold every handgun I've ever owned and now carry a G19.

Last edited:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Clearly you haven't fired one. Once you fire a Glock, the windows of heaven will open, angels will sing, Gaston will look down and smile upon you. James Yeager might make an appearance.

I can't personally find a way to enjoy shooting a Glock... I think it's the grip angle but am not 100% sure. It's the only thing I've ever picked up and not enjoyed shooting.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Clearly you haven't fired one. Once you fire a Glock, the windows of heaven will open, angels will sing, Gaston will look down and smile upon you. James Yeager might make an appearance. /purple

The last firearm I would sell is my G26. I shoot it with scary accuracy and it's as reliable as a hammer.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    You must not realize that you are preachin' ...

.... to the choir here! Try to find the Scherer 25+2 G-21 magazine for less than $90-100 anywhere! IT'S TOTALLY BADASS hangin' out the handle of a G-21 !! And it's claiming that price, too.
    there's plenty of glock mags out there no need to pay crazy money for them

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Yah, right !!

Have you tried this "NEW" technique: Front-sight; rear-sight; press. BINGO!!! You're a marksman! "Grip-angle" "Schmip-angel" ... you just don't like poly. O, I see it now: "... personally ..." That clears it all up for us.
    I can't personally find a way to enjoy shooting a Glock... I think it's the grip angle but am not 100% sure. It's the only thing I've ever picked up and not enjoyed shooting.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Have you tried this "NEW" technique: Front-sight; rear-sight; press. BINGO!!! You're a marksman! "Grip-angle" "Schmip-angel" ... you just don't like poly. O, I see it now: "... personally ..." That clears it all up for us.
    Nah, I have nothing against polymer guns. I have an XDm that I absolutely love to shoot :).

You can try and push blame however you wish, the short of the matter is I haven't found a Glock that I personally enjoyed shooting. That being said, I have nothing against them and am encouraging my wife to try a Glock to see if she likes them - if so, we're likely going to pick up a Glock 26 for her carry.

Top Bottom