• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    So I just looked at a thread on here about North Carolina being declared "gun-free" in anticipation of the impending hurricane. The governor has more or less instituted martial law.

As in the case of Katrina and Blanco's ridiculous order, this one will be stopped. However, I cannot help but wonder, what if the police did attempt to storm a house attempting to seize firearms (yes, I understand that this is not what is being proposed) and met with resistance? What if some some resident of New Orleans shot the police as they attempted to enter the home? Let's set aside the obvious idea that the person would be shot to pieces...what if they weren't? From a Constitutional standpoint, the shooter would be in the right to defend the rights defined in (not established by) the Bill of Rights?

You all tell me, 3 dead police officers, shot while trying to illegally gain entrance into a home to carry out an unConstitutional order; what would happen to the shooter in a judicial setting? Would you publicly support such an individual? Would you secretly support this person? Should one allow guns to be seized and wait for the courts to settle the matter?

I honestly don't know what I would do...turn my guns on my own countrymen, or handover my weapons and trust the law to support me...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    That's the question of the day isn't it? Let's examine some precedents..... During Ruby Ridge the guy was not found guilty of any gun offenses and actually won a multi-million dollar lawsuit. He was guilty but not of the BATF charges. Waco... The survivors neve really had any recourse due to the fire and all the deaths. I think I would defend first and hope the courts decided with me. Most people believe the constitution will win out over overzealous cops, even in a natural disaster situation. Full martial law is almost never implemented, not even during Katrina.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    I would just lay down my guns because there is no reason to fight a battle that you can not possibly win. And if you did win the retaliation that would happen from other cops would not be worth the victory

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I would just lay down my guns because there is no reason to fight a battle that you can not possibly win. And if you did win the retaliation that would happen from other cops would not be worth the victory
    Not necessarily, Katrina was bad, and what happened, happened. I seem to remember hearing about a lot of NO cops just up and leaving, quitting. If a widespread situation were to happen, I think you might see a few roving bands of cops trying to maintain control, but after they are out of the picture, who would come next? I'm not saying this to sound like a smart ass, but who, other than local cops is gonna try to control things? The National guard is made up of folks just like you and me, and when it comes down to it, and things are bad enough, do you really think they will continue to follow orders? Most military guys I know hate the current gov, and I really can't see them turning on their own, and if it's widespread violence, the few who remain will be gone quickly.

At that point, if I'm still standing, I really won't be thinking about what a court would say about my actions.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Where does it say that you would have to shoot a Cop???
    IMO the people getting shot would be the looters and people who are wizzed off because their Welfare checks will be late.

Disclaimer:
    The above is in no way a reference to any particular ethnic, religious, or sociological group. People of ALL races loot and are on welfare.
    (If you don't believe me look it up. :))
    Mike

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    But would you to keep your guns?
    Yes!!
    But to protect you, and anyone else, who needs protection from the vermin that always spring up during a crisis.
    I'm a retired Police Officer! :)
    And I wouldn't object to good Citizens keeping their guns to protect themselves either.
    Mike

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Posted in the other thread as well. The North Carolina edict allows you to keep your arms in your house. Unlike New Orleans where the JBT went door to door collecting firearms, the North Carolina just doesn't want you taking your firearms out with you.

Granted going to the local closed food store to stock up will leave you unarmed, but at least they aren't going door to door collecting.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So I just looked at a thread on here about North Carolina being declared "gun-free" in anticipation of the impending hurricane. The governor has more or less instituted martial law.

As in the case of Katrina and Blanco's ridiculous order, this one will be stopped. However, I cannot help but wonder, what if the police did attempt to storm a house attempting to seize firearms (yes, I understand that this is not what is being proposed) and met with resistance? What if some some resident of New Orleans shot the police as they attempted to enter the home? Let's set aside the obvious idea that the person would be shot to pieces...what if they weren't? From a Constitutional standpoint, the shooter would be in the right to defend the rights defined in (not established by) the Bill of Rights?

You all tell me, 3 dead police officers, shot while trying to illegally gain entrance into a home to carry out an unConstitutional order; what would happen to the shooter in a judicial setting? Would you publicly support such an individual? Would you secretly support this person? Should one allow guns to be seized and wait for the courts to settle the matter?

I honestly don't know what I would do...turn my guns on my own countrymen, or handover my weapons and trust the law to support me...

Your problem is that you think the Constitution matters to our government.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Posted in the other thread as well. The North Carolina edict allows you to keep your arms in your house. Unlike New Orleans where the JBT went door to door collecting firearms, the North Carolina just doesn't want you taking your firearms out with you.

As I stated above, "However, I cannot help but wonder, what if the police did attempt to storm a house attempting to seize firearms (yes, I understand that this is not what is being proposed) and met with resistance?"

I'm interested in the hypothetical.

And Mike, the idea of firing on a LEO is nauseating (and a little frightening ) to me, but I'm with you. I want my rights.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    And Mike, the idea of firing on a LEO is nauseating (and a little frightening ) to me, but I'm with you. I want my rights.
    The idea of being fired on by a Citizen who is just trying to protect their lives or homestead isn't very appealing to me either.
    That's why I wouldn't have any problems with Citizens keeping their firearms for personal protection and would ignore orders to confiscate arms.
    I'd likely end up on charges but at least I'd be able to look in the mirror every day and not see an usurper of Citizens Rights.
    Just my :twocents:
    Mike

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Open forum is not the place to discuss this IMO. We know that there are two kinds of people: Those who will roll over and accept their rights being violated, as has been demonstrated in this thread, and those who will preserve their rights by any means necessary.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Open forum is not the place to discuss this IMO. We know that there are two kinds of people: Those who will roll over and accept their rights being violated, as has been demonstrated in this thread, and those who will preserve their rights by any means necessary.

You are right, as before, but man, I want to hear what folks have to say. Closed doors I know, but if we can't organize somewhat, then all could be lost...

Sorry to be so fatalistic brothers and sisters.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    More than once, I've sworn an oath to defend the Constitution. More than once, I've put my rear on the line to do so.

I will never fail in that oath.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    You are right, as before, but man, I want to hear what folks have to say. Closed doors I know, but if we can't organize somewhat, then all could be lost...

Sorry to be so fatalistic brothers and sisters.

I understand. I tend to err on the side of caution. Admitting in front of the world that you would, in fact, fire on a police officer that was violating your rights is going to lead nowhere good.

I wish there was a middle ground here but there is not. You will defend your rights or you will not. Likewise, admitting either for the world to see is an invitation to ruin. :twocents:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I understand. I tend to err on the side of caution. Admitting in front of the world that you would, in fact, fire on a police officer that was violating your rights is going to lead nowhere good.

I wish there was a middle ground here but there is not. You will defend your rights or you will not. Likewise, admitting either for the world to see is an invitation to ruin. :twocents:
    Sometimes it's best to take a position and let others know you intend to stick with it.
    No matter what!
    Kinda like the Colonists did. ;)
    Mike

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    too many people with gadsden avatars. i dont like having to read usernames. i just want to look at pictures to discern your identity.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom