What will you do when the riot reaches your neighborhood?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It is a curious study in interweb psychology that they appear out of the woodwork at certain times/topics/events... Some flameout or go out in a blaze of glory or go dormant again.

Curious.

Nite. :ingo:

No ****. I have an account over on thehighroad but haven't been on there in a decade I believe.
    I guess I could try to log in and cause a ruckus but I don't even know my password.
    (ok... no... I have a life and don't have time or desire to do it but still...)

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    In the current climate I am sure that I would become a state dependent.

Perhaps you have seen one of my rants that avoiding jury duty is immoral, because you are leaving your peers to the unmerciful mob.

I agree. I’ve never been asked to serve and would do everything to ensure I could if asked.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have been called and served several times. All convictions. I've never sat on an SD charge.

I wanted to nullify one because of chain of evidence and 4th A violation (in my opinion) but followed the judges instructions and am glad I did because I found out later that the DB was an even bigger DB than we were led to believe.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I have been called and served several times. All convictions. I've never sat on an SD charge.

I wanted to nullify one because of chain of evidence and 4th A violation (in my opinion) but followed the judges instructions and am glad I did because I found out later that the DB was an even bigger DB than we were led to believe.

I have been unlucky too. I have been selected for jury duty 5 times. I got out of one time through no action on my part - it was for a grand jury and it was over 75 miles away so they rejected me - bureaucracy at work. One time served on a jury for credit card fraud, one time served on a jury for murder, two times did not get on a jury.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    [h=2]
    What will you do when the riot reaches your neighborhood?
    [/h]
    Loaded question...

1. There isn't much of a chance any 'Riot' will reach any given neighborhood.
    SO...
    It's a question of *IF*, not *WHEN*.

*WHEN* is a given, which *Probably* won't happen at all, and therefore is fear mongering.

2. *IF* a 'Riot' happens, then I will more than likely protect my loved ones, neighbors.
    I will start with non-lethal, bear spray & potentially CS gas,
    And move up through the options to less lethal, through lethal force, since I'm trained and have options rather than immedately going to bullets.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Today we had breakfast together (13 year old and us) and I have learned they no longer teach the bill of rights or the constitution in our state appointed centers of indoctrination. She is an honor student and has no idea what either document entails or how they tie in with this most honored (by us) day.

Interesting.

Not saying you're (or she) is wrong, but according to state standards, in eighth grade (guessing from her age) they should be learning all that and more.

https://www.doe.in.gov/standards/social-studies#SStudies

It's also taught in grade 5, plus in high school.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Interesting.

Not saying you're (or she) is wrong, but according to state standards, in eighth grade (guessing from her age) they should be learning all that and more.

7th grade. She started late due to health issues.

Looking back my now 38 year old son had very little clue what was involved in the 2nd world war. I asked to see his sophomore history book and there was exactly 2 pages on the subject. Nothing more.

They are no longer teaching this in total. She looked the things up I referenced and said they did not discuss those things as they were stated on line.
    Do you have any kids in these grades....????
    Might be interesting to see what is done differently in other school districts. Around here they teach the test.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Most schools do.

I have a friend that is a was a teacher He taught 3rd grade for years and wrote his own lesson plans EVERY year. He taught the curriculum and was forever at odds with admin because he would not TEACH THE TESTS.

It was funny that all of his students all passed the tests and his classes had the highest scores in the State.

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    If I feel I am left with absolutely no other choice but let my home burn and be placed at the mercy of a rioting crowd or use force, I will take my chances and risk being judged by twelve as apposed to allowing my loved ones or myself getting carried by six.

I do not see much risk at being charged in Indiana with our stand your ground laws and castle doctrine IF the police are completely overwhelmed and can not stop the rioters and therefore can no longer have any hope of protecting the citizens and my town has been plunged into into utter ciaos and anarchy rioters are attacking people and are setting large numbers of vehicles, homes and businesses on fire. What other choice are you left with?

I'm not saying or insinuating you can simply begin to indiscriminately open fire into the crowd with a rifle or handgun as you can not, but a significant number of shots of 12ga bird shot loads below groin level would be a very effective and less lethal way to deter a crowd from attacking you or your home. Yes bird shot will require hospitalization to remove but it inst nearly as lethal as a HG or rifle round, but few people who get hit with a dozen or more bird shots will wish to continue their actions and risk more of the same injury.

Bottom line is your are taking a greater chance when you use force on a crown VS and individual, but to me the alternative of standing by helplessly placing my loved ones lives at the mercy of those that hate me is simply unacceptable.

Lastly I am no lawyer but I'm reasonably certain a rioting crowd that has overwhelmed the police ability to defend themselves let alone the citizens by containing the rioters leaving the citizens to LITERALLY defend themselves, that greatly outnumbers you that is setting homes on fire that in of itself than would be considered an act of attempted murder, even if unarmed reaches the threshold of placing you in immediate fear for your life and that of your loved ones and would allow you to use deadly force to defend yourself and your loved ones.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    7th grade. She started late due to health issues.

Looking back my now 38 year old son had very little clue what was involved in the 2nd world war. I asked to see his sophomore history book and there was exactly 2 pages on the subject. Nothing more.

They are no longer teaching this in total. She looked the things up I referenced and said they did not discuss those things as they were stated on line.
    Do you have any kids in these grades....????
    Might be interesting to see what is done differently in other school districts. Around here they teach the test.

Since it contains personal info, I'll send a PM.

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    Interesting.

Can't speak to that High school, but where my boys go they have already taught the COTUS to my oldest and will begin with my youngest this year.

Top Bottom