What will you do when the riot reaches your neighborhood?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    warm-milk.jpg

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    It is a curious study in interweb psychology that they appear out of the woodwork at certain times/topics/events... Some flameout or go out in a blaze of glory or go dormant again.

Curious.

Nite. :ingo:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have been discussing this situation at great length with my 13 year old G-daughter. She is mixed. Her dad is a man of color. A good provider and wonderful father.
    He and her are both caught in the middle of this off the trails insanity.

Today we had breakfast together (13 year old and us) and I have learned they no longer teach the bill of rights or the constitution in our state appointed centers of indoctrination. She is an honor student and has no idea what either document entails or how they tie in with this most honored (by us) day.
    I asked her what the day was. She naturally said "The 4th of July" so I asked her what it meant. Sadly she had no idea. None. Now we are seeing what is causing these young skull's full of mush to walk the path they are on. Every time something comes up all you here from them is "I have the right to.....insert stupidity here" and they have no concept of the meaning. None.

We lost this battle years ago and are just now realizing how the snakes and deviates put all of this in motion. It has been boiling for the longest time and our fearful leaders are just putting Band-Aids on a festering wound.

Dont give up. You have plenty of time to backfill the crap they are teaching and keep them on the straight and narrow. Keep pushing the fundamentals like the BoR and other founding documents. Make them watch this one form time to time. (I watch it periodically even though I saw it live. Its amazeballs) I had no idea of the details of this glorious day (April 19, 1775, aka "the shot heard 'round the world." ) thanks to my public school education. But I'm doing my best to overcome that handicap. :):

[video=youtube_share;1k6zq_Y_IzA]https://youtu.be/1k6zq_Y_IzA[/video]

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    It is a curious study in interweb psychology that they appear out of the woodwork at certain times/topics/events... Some flameout or go out in a blaze of glory or go dormant again.

Curious.

It's almost like they pop up out of the blue and try to get people to urge something illegal, or something.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Dont give up. You have plenty of time to backfill the crap they are teaching and keep them on the straight and narrow. Keep pushing the fundamentals like the BoR and other founding documents. Make them watch this one form time to time. (I watch it periodically even though I saw it live. Its amazeballs) I had no idea of the details of this glorious day (April 19, 1775, aka "the shot heard 'round the world." ) thanks to my public school education. But I'm doing my best to overcome that handicap. :):

Well said! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    It's almost like they pop up out of the blue and try to get people to urge something illegal, or something.

Illegal? Like an armed mob roving about threatening people and explaining what is "owed" them by virtue of what someone's ancestor's did to someone else's ancestors?

[video]https://twitter.com/i/status/1279891395340197888[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The last conversation about these issues was on the 4th. I asked her if she understood what day it was. She obviously answered "4th of July" to which I asked if she understood the relevance of the day. Why we celebrated and why we did so with fireworks etc.

She was amazed when I laid it out for her.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It has been a while so maybe I won.t be banned for this.

We need a new forum rule.

New members or long time inactive members that want to jump in and SCHOOL the board, must first post their credentials. DD214's or PhD's are acceptable.

I have four DD214's, one DD220, and one PhD lets get started, lol.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    November 2009 and 5000+ posts makes me think you are an active member.

2008 and 5 posts makes me wonder, especially if you are telling INGO they are doing it wrong.

This is not intended to hurt anyone's feelings, but I will apologize in advance. I don't want anyone to leave.

ETA I only have 2 DD214's and my PHD is hanging on my tool shed wall next to the shovels.

Last edited:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I WOULD RATHER BE JUDGED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6.

Friend, this isn't directed at you in particular, so please do not construe this is anything personal-- it isn't. I appreciate your understanding of the general nature of my comments. I just need to rebut that logic in the same way I am compelled to rebut every time someone posts about "40Sw is a high pressure round."

I had a whole rant about how much I hate that phrase, but decided just to summarize it. Ultimately any act we choose to save our lives is making that choice to risk legal liability vs death. But let's not be cavalier about it. Nobody wants to face a jury where 6/12 are likely dumber than the average American. Even if you win, you lose.

I'm not so sure that rotting in prison after spending 200K to defend myself in a system that caters to politicians-with-prosecutorial-discretion is such a preferable option to having my family bury me in peace with some life insurance to help out a bit.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Appears that subsection d gives a person lot of options.

(d) A person:
    (1) is justified in using reasonable force, including deadly force, against any other person;  and

(2) does not have a duty to retreat;

if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent or terminate the other person's unlawful entry of or attack on the person's dwelling, curtilage, or occupied motor vehicle.

I'm interpreting this as wide coverage for the situation in LA where a mob of violent protesters with crowbars and such are beating out your windows in your car while you're in it. I kept going back to that clip of the guy with the crowbar bashing in windows and it looks pretty clear that under Indiana law, you are completely justified in firing through the glass to end the attack.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Nobody wants to face a jury where 6/12 are likely dumber than the average American.

In the current climate I am sure that I would become a state dependent.

Perhaps you have seen one of my rants that avoiding jury duty is immoral, because you are leaving your peers to the unmerciful mob.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'm not so sure that rotting in prison after spending 200K to defend myself in a system that caters to politicians-with-prosecutorial-discretion is such a preferable option to having my family bury me in peace with some life insurance to help out a bit.

Jokes on them, I don't have $200k. They take MasterCard? :):

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    November 2009 and 5000+ posts makes me think you are an active member.

2008 and 5 posts makes me wonder, especially if you are telling INGO they are doing it wrong.

This is not intended to hurt anyone's feelings, but I will apologize in advance. I don't want anyone to leave.

ETA I only have 2 DD214's and my PHD is hanging on my tool shed wall next to the shovels.

Power or manual? I haven't found anyone who would even steal a manual...

Top Bottom