• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I've had it for about 7 years now. I have not carried it in at least 5 years. I don't want to get rid of it for sentimental reasons but, I need to get it out of my safe. I don't even really shoot it. I have plenty of other pistols I enjoy shooting much more. I want to try and change this one up. I know I want a Lone Wolf ported barrel, and am thinking about a red dot. I just don't know how far I want to go with it.

Let's see what you guys have done and are happy with or hate.

(I know I know, A Glock is a working man's gun. It's not supposed to be pretty or fun. But, I'm bored. I don't want to do anything silly with any of my carry guns and this one is just laying around. It makes me want to go a little over the top with it and see if I like it.)

Pitchfork

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    South Bend Area
    Grip force adapter, decal grips, extended slide stop & mag release, new metal sights in fiber, tritium or 3 dot, threaded barrel, ported barrel, stainless accents, slide plate and mag decals, engraving (you KNOW you want flames)... there's actually quite a bit you can do to a glock.

What are your opinions/tastes on the above mentioned?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Mill work leaves you with unfinished metal. My M&P is stainless so I paid thirty bucks for I oxide blast.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I did this for a buddy of mine:

IMAGE_FA32DD9A-C09D-4BBF-BB67-4A6B95275F19.JPG

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Grip force adapter, decal grips, extended slide stop & mag release, new metal sights in fiber, tritium or 3 dot, threaded barrel, ported barrel, stainless accents, slide plate and mag decals, engraving (you KNOW you want flames)... there's actually quite a bit you can do to a glock.

What are your opinions/tastes on the above mentioned?

I was thinking about the new metal sights but, as back up sights. I think I may have to go with the RMR. I just need to figure out who I want to do the work. I already have the extended slide stop and mag release. It helps me out huge being a south paw!

I already have flames, it was the first thing I did!

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    (I know I know, A Glock is a working man's gun. It's not supposed to be pretty or fun. But, I'm bored. I don't want to do anything silly with any of my carry guns and this one is just laying around. It makes me want to go a little over the top with it and see if I like it.)
    Hey Glocks can be a lot of fun!

I'd put a red dot on the top, a skimmer trigger in it, put on a longer threaded barrel and start the paperwork for a suppressor, texture the frame to suit, duracoat the slide to suit (I'm a fan of the really dark flat green slide mounted to the stock black frame); make plans to shoot it in GSSF competitions in the Midwest, there's 4 or 5 within a days drive throughout the year (I really wish we' get enough people on the bandwagon to indoor in state as well), take it to steel challenges and any other competition you can find.

Also a 9mm conversion barrel and some 33rd magazines, if the ammo is cheaper you may be more inclined to take it out and plink with it.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois

I looked at some of their work on a link you posted earlier. They look like they do some decent work (without actually handling any of the pistols) AND their prices are seem very reasonable.

Just dunno if I should send them my Glock slide or if I should buy an aftermarket slide.

If I did that, I could have one aftermarket set up and one stock set up if I ever wanted to go back.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Whatever route you choose, have fun with it.

Although you might not normally be a fan of "non-defensive" or "non-working-gun" type of modifications, use this gun as one to experiment with. Try a red dot. Try a suppressor. Try an aftermarket lightened trigger. Try whatever you've always wondered about.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    40mm grenade launcher on the rail??? There is so much that you could do. Whatever it is, hope you like it and decide to spend more quality time with it. :ar15:

Top Bottom