• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArmyNavyVet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2021
    Hammond
    In my humble opinion, I think we all should look into volunteering for the County Sheriffs posse. This way we all can make a difference if we are needed. Many of us are veterans and have training. I just hope that when the time comes for us to help we will.

cath8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    MILTON
    I stopped caring about what others think or feel about me, my hobbies, pastimes or interests. I didn’t know the snot nosed little puke who did that at fedex, I share nothing of significance in common with him or his ilk, most certainly not responsibility.

I’m done being held to account for the actions of others. %^#@!* anyone who thinks I should share any semblance of responsibility for what happened there. If people are too stupid to realize that firearms are not responsible for murder then I‘m neither smart enough to help them nor concerned enough to care.

The shooting at Fedex means nothing for INGO. We can discuss it, speculate about it, hurt for the families affected and pray nothing like it happens again. Aside from that, what happened there in no way, shape or form involves this forum or anyone else on the planet who was not involved in the decision that spineless coward reached.
    THIS ^^^^^

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    They ran a background check on me for the gun I bought this weekend. It asked about marijuana use.

Of course I checked no but in reality it's none of their damn business if I do. Weed is a God made medicine.

I think it's odd that past use of marijuana disqualifies a person to buy a firearm, but not to be president or vice president.

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    In all fairness, the kid was only 19. He was just a kid. What the hell did he know?
    Bet a hand was never laid across his butt.
    When I was a kid it was a hand, fly swatter from either way, belt, switch, limb, at school it was a board. What ever mom and dad wanted to use, school use too.
    At 19 I was in the army reserve the year the draft was closed. No pressure on my 3 kids. My 2 grandsons went through MCJROTC in high school. They are Marines.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    In my humble opinion, I think we all should look into volunteering for the County Sheriffs posse. This way we all can make a difference if we are needed. Many of us are veterans and have training. I just hope that when the time comes for us to help we will.
    If this country maintained even a small shred of sanity I would agree with you. Instead, I no longer expect anyone to do anything to protect me or mine. The risk is simply too great, the law no longer matters, the truth no longer matters and right vs wrong no longer matters. All that matters is the mob getting their pound of flesh.

I'll join in once all oaths have been abandoned, until then I'll protect me and mine. Unless I see someone attacking a uniformed police officer I'm staying out of other's problems.

ArmyNavyVet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2021
    Hammond
    If this country maintained even a small shred of sanity I would agree with you. Instead, I no longer expect anyone to do anything to protect me or mine. The risk is simply too great, the law no longer matters, the truth no longer matters and right vs wrong no longer matters. All that matters is the mob getting their pound of flesh.

I'll join in once all oaths have been abandoned, until then I'll protect me and mine. Unless I see someone attacking a uniformed police officer I'm staying out of other's problems.
    I would rather give them an ounce of lead delivered from a distance with high velocity.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    County Sheriffs Posse? How would that have helped at FedEx?

What would have helped is not allowing FedEx to turn its property into a kill box.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    County Sheriffs Posse? How would that have helped at FedEx?

What would have helped is not allowing FedEx to turn its property into a kill box.

Tuesday I went to a day long safety meeting.
    One of the topics covered... shooter.
    Of course, instead of "Run, Hide, Fight" they had to use basically the same thing, but with bigger words no one can remember.
    Which they didn't appreciate me pointing out.
    Also, when the first sentence came out.. "What do you do in case of a shooter. Like what happened in Indianapolis"... they didn't appreciate my response, "Shoot him".
    Of course, that started the "that will just result in more people shot", but then half or more of the class basically joined in on my side.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Of course, instead of "Run, Hide, Fight" they had to use basically the same thing, but with bigger words no one can remember.
    Also, when the first sentence came out.. "What do you do in case of a shooter. Like what happened in Indianapolis"... they didn't appreciate my response, "Shoot him".
    Of course, that started the "that will just result in more people shot", but then half or more of the class basically joined in on my side.
    Come on! You know if you hold up your magic "unicorn ****ting a rainbow" talisman, like using a cross on a vampire, he'll go away.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Maybe you needed to specify you were using a bigger caliber than .22 magnum

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Company policy is if there is a shooter in the building and you get out, you are not allowed to arm yourself and go back in, it might confuse others and law enforcement when they arrive. Nothing was said about arming yourself and watching for the s.o.b. to come out.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Police, prosecutors make changes to close loopholes in red flag law​

From the article:
    During a search at the gunman's home, police learned he legally bought two automatic rifles.

Uh, no, no he did not. :rolleyes:

Edit: I just emailed Steve Jefferson at WTHR and asked him to correct the article and issue a retraction.

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

From the article:
    During a search at the gunman's home, police learned he legally bought two automatic rifles.

Edit: I just emailed Steve Jefferson at WTHR and asked him to correct the article and issue a retraction.
    And the reply is.... We can wait... And wait... and wait...

Don't hold your breath, DD!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

From the article:

Lots of fail by them and the prosecutor.

Top Bottom