• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So after this tragic event, put on my tinfoil hat, and wondered what the repercussions might be. Obviously, or moderator work hard trying to keep things in order, but they can’t possibly see everything. There have been times when some of us have crossed some lines based on frustration with the political climate. After this shooting, is it naive to think that sites such as ours wouldn’t, at least in the brief future, might start having little more traffic from folks trying to gauge the temperature in the local area? I don’t think it is, and think we should be mindful of it. Thoughts?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Was there anything in particular that you were thinking? We already have strict rules about not discussing overthrow of the government. The only other egregious thing I see is some members wishing ill will/death on their political opponents. I’m not cool with that personally but I also know that wishing something to happen and actually making threats to the lives of elected officials are two different things.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    1A is king. I’m always going to be a proponent of free speech even if I vehemently disagree with what some people say. I wouldn’t want the government shutting down CNN any more than I would want them shutting down The Daily Wire.

In general, I think this forum is pretty tame compared to a lot of what’s out there on the internet.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Was there anything in particular that you were thinking? We already have strict rules about not discussing overthrow of the government. The only other egregious thing I see is some members wishing ill will/death on their political opponents. I’m not cool with that personally but I also know that wishing something to happen and actually making threats to the lives of elected officials are two different things.
    Not really. Even legal talk isn’t beyond “someone” looking into it. Local LE dropped the ball on this one, and were embarrassed. I think their failures might be a motivation to “find” something.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    1A is king. I’m always going to be a proponent of free speech even if I vehemently disagree with what some people say. I wouldn’t want the government shutting down CNN any more than I would want them shutting down The Daily Wire.

In general, I think this forum is pretty tame compared to a lot of what’s out there on the internet.
    I agree it’s pretty tame, but how many of those have just had a pretty noteworthy mass shooting. We’re the “hot” thing right now.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Not really. Even legal talk isn’t beyond “someone” looking into it. Local LE dropped the ball on this one, and were embarrassed. I think their failures might be a motivation to “find” something.

Considering the shooter's reasons, I see no reason to give much weight to any of your concerns.

As far as I know, he was trying to kill a girlfriend and ended up going on a killing spree. Doesn't exactly sound like political extremism to me.

That said, they probably watch the classified, but I imagine they're always watching the classifieds.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good questions.
    And as said we (staff) are short handed in this madness to deal with everything that presses the well defined lines we have drawn in the sand.
    I will admit in recent past I came close to flipping out myself so trust I understand.

In this I have stopped handing out Mulligans in light of the in thread warnings and very visible time outs and bans to those that run amok.

The angst is beyond measure.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Did they though? Didn’t he pass some kind of psyche eval after his mother’s initial concerns?

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    So after this tragic event, put on my tinfoil hat, and wondered what the repercussions might be. Obviously, or moderator work hard trying to keep things in order, but they can’t possibly see everything. There have been times when some of us have crossed some lines based on frustration with the political climate. After this shooting, is it naive to think that sites such as ours wouldn’t, at least in the brief future, might start having little more traffic from folks trying to gauge the temperature in the local area? I don’t think it is, and think we should be mindful of it. Thoughts?
    I can see some searching the site looking for something to cry wolf over. We have always been warned to watch what we post and have even at times advised some to delete there post lest it be held against them. With the current all guns and gun owners are bad mindset of some out there, thinking twice how a post is phrased might not be a bad idea.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I stopped caring about what others think or feel about me, my hobbies, pastimes or interests. I didn’t know the snot nosed little puke who did that at fedex, I share nothing of significance in common with him or his ilk, most certainly not responsibility.

I’m done being held to account for the actions of others. %^#@!* anyone who thinks I should share any semblance of responsibility for what happened there. If people are too stupid to realize that firearms are not responsible for murder then I‘m neither smart enough to help them nor concerned enough to care.

The shooting at Fedex means nothing for INGO. We can discuss it, speculate about it, hurt for the families affected and pray nothing like it happens again. Aside from that, what happened there in no way, shape or form involves this forum or anyone else on the planet who was not involved in the decision that spineless coward reached.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Considering the shooter's reasons, I see no reason to give much weight to any of your concerns.

As far as I know, he was trying to kill a girlfriend and ended up going on a killing spree. Doesn't exactly sound like political extremism to me.

That said, they probably watch the classified, but I imagine they're always watching the classifieds.
    I haven’t seen the shooters reasons confirmed, not that it makes a difference. The act, and the proximity to us, would be the driving force. Everything else is just aggravating.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Did they though? Didn’t he pass some kind of psyche eval after his mother’s initial concerns?

Police confiscated his firearm (shotgun?), and put him in a 72 hour involuntary psychiatric hold. They never returned his shotgun, but I'm not sure what to make of that.

I also don't know what to think of him passing two background checks to buy new firearms afterward.

Once again, it seems that background checks delay or deny more innocent people than it does people with "problems" in their background.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Once again, it seems that background checks delay or deny more innocent people than it does people with "problems" in their background.
    That is because the concept was designed by clueless people who are incapable of understanding the definition of the word criminal. Viable solutions don’t matter, all that matters is that it “feels” like “we” did something.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    What kind of antidepressants were in his drug cabinet? What person helped him get another gun or did the Feds allow it even though he was red flaged and should have been in NICS system. It is the way I understood our red flag law. So someone bought him a gun or the Feds gave it to him for such an event. I've said it before I think the Feds find these people and have their fingerprints on the pill bottles and the weapons used.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What kind of antidepressants were in his drug cabinet? What person helped him get another gun or did the Feds allow it even though he was red flaged and should have been in NICS system. It is the way I understood our red flag law. So someone bought him a gun or the Feds gave it to him for such an event. I've said it before I think the Feds find these people and have their fingerprints on the pill bottles and the weapons used.
    He must have been on some powerful drugs, look at this:
    He was addicted to a little girl's TV show. And the media is calling said show "far right." :laugh:

“I hope that I can be with Applejack in the afterlife, my life has no meaning without her,”

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    He must have been on some powerful drugs, look at this:
    He was addicted to a little girl's TV show. And the media is calling said show "far right.":laugh:
    So he was insane I would say. Or he never grew up which would be a parental problem imo.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Did you guys notice this from the pony story?

According to an online post from the shooter an hour before the shooting, he was depressed about losing someone and hoping to be able to be with a pony character in the afterlife. There was a giant red flag

This is what happens when we don't tell kids the truth because we are afraid we might offend them. Did this kid really expect to see a cartoon character or believe they could be real?

It's pretty bad that real life is so bizarre you just can't make it up. Hell, no need to.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210418-001203.png
      Screenshot_20210418-001203.png
      434 KB · Views: 41
    Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I don't think that the shooting in Indy should have any major significance for INGO, other than it happened in our own back yard, rather than in some distant state halfway across the country.

The only real problem for us (unless someone here lost family members) would be the same as for any shooting... that it will be used to gain more support for "gun control" measures. No matter the cause, no matter the race of the shooter (although that can also be used to great effect if it happens to fit their narrative) no matter the type of firearm used... every time a shooting with multiple victims happens, (and it's not just normal inner city minority crime) it's a media free for all when it comes to screaming for gun control.

Top Bottom