What is your EDC blade? Do you carry one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is your EDC blade?

• Total voters

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I carry a small $12 Gerber from Walmart. Its gotten me out of a few tight spots in the past. My edc WAS the little Gerber knife that takes box cutter blades. Worked well till it opened up in my pocket twice.... first time I thought it was a fluke/user error, second time its reserved for my glove box! I really want an ESEE 3, BUT cant swing it right now. I use my knife to pick, pry, turn screws... I always like a knife on me.

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have had a knife in my pocket since I was a cub scout. Loaned it out to many a teacher when I was in school. For the past 20+ years I have carried a Victorianox Tinker all day and everyday. It is commonly referred to around here as "the handy dandy pocket knife my wife and kids got me for christmas".

8874881024030_SAK_1_4603__S1_66733_eps_1.jpg

I use it daily for boxes, stripping wires, opening server cases, changing hard drives etc. I have a SOG Flash Tanto I never carry, tanto blades are not useful to me. I have a Buck 110 I love but it's too heavy for daily pocket carry, I need a good belt holster for it (someone needs to invent a good paddle holster for a folder and a flashlight). Tried Gerbers, S&W, etc, but I always end up going back to the Tinker.

Looking for a good multi tool, but I don't need to disassemble an aircraft carrier with it. Just a rock solid locking blade, pliers, screwdriver and wire cutter. Ain't found one yet.

YHJ

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've carried a knife since I got my first one, a scout knife, when I was eight. That was just after Teddy went over the hill, or there abouts.:)

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Like YHJ, I carry a swiss army knife although mine is Wenger, Zermatt model. Very handy for me in my small office & outside camping or just around the yard or workshop. I especially like the belt clip on this one so when it is getting alot of use, I don't have to retrieve it from my pocket each time.

16400_sku.png

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Protech tactical response II...just got it a few weeks back, love the hell out of it!

roboa89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Connersville
    I carry a zero tolerance 301, I have always loved the size and the weight doesn't bother me. I got it for a steal of a price and now I don't feel bad for using it like it supposed to be used.

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Looking for a good multi tool, but I don't need to disassemble an aircraft carrier with it. Just a rock solid locking blade, pliers, screwdriver and wire cutter. Ain't found one yet.

YHJ

I have found a good candidate. The tools lock and then the handle locks as well. So using the knife or screwdrivers you have one solid handle. It doesn't have a 3" long wood saw, USB charger, or Bear's name on it. Just a few tools I need in a slim compact package. It seems solid.

Gerber Compact Sport Multi-Plier 05500 For Sale > Gerber Knives Direct

YHJ

T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI
    Griptillian with a zip tie to replicate the wave. Super fast and I highly recommend the Griptillian to anyone.

huntercam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Middlebury, IN
    I, just like most of you, have lots of knives. My personal favorite and everyday carry for the past 4 years was a small Sebenza. Recently, I bought a used Spartan Blades "Akribis Folder" bigger knife. This knife is now my everyday carry and a very close second to my favorite.
    The companies customer service is handled by the owners and is top notch. (I sent a used knife - obviously not the original owner- to them to tighten the blade mechanism. They didn't like the lock up so switched it out. They also produce a better blade now then they did a year or two ago, so swapped that out as well. All this for no charge!!)
    I highly recommend if you are not familiar with this company to look them up! www.spartanbladesusa.com

tfouty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    I've carred a SOG Trident spring assist for a little over a year. Pretty happy with it, it has a partially serrated blade. Seems to hold an edge well, has been sharpened several times. The notch that is suppose to cut string is worthless. Pocket/belt clip is strong, spring assist works well, even when it hasn't been cleaned for awhile.

gloxrok

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    NC Indiana
    been heavily carrying a spyderco pm2 lately. i read all the hype, and finally picked one up. it is just about perfect in every way for my needs. fast, easy one hand close, a sweet blade. another edc favorite is the protech tr-3. perfect size, nice belly, super fast, and easy to sharpen (154-cm blade steel). both of these knives are also slim, light, and fit nicely in the pocket.

Top Bottom