What is your EDC blade? Do you carry one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is your EDC blade?

• Total voters

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Wooo 4 people! :D

Make it 5. I bought it just because I wanted to see for myself after nutnfancys video....and for $30 bucks its not a bad knife at all! No failures on mine yet. Fires hard....yes lockup isnt great but it still handles most tasks well. I gave it a scary sharp edge. Fun knife and actaully not a bad OTF for the money.

Last edited:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I think you, Nutnfancy, and I, are the only people in the world that own a Lightning OTF.
    Well, The Ole Nutter wasn't why I bought mine. They are inexpensive and yet the work well. Can't beat that if you ask me. My two were $19.99 each delivered on a Black Friday deal. Both had partially serrated blades which was what I wanted at the time. I am usually a plain edge person but the serrations are great for cutting away a seat belt. They are my EDC when in car knives now. The straight part of the edges are sharp as possible now and the serrated area was already sharp enough for what I need it to do.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I carry a CRKT 4504 D.O.G. Knife every day and man is it a tank! I really like that knife and have carried it for several years now, at least 4. It is large and beefy for the blade size the the build quality is amazing and it stays sharp!

I also carry a couple of Kershaw knives every once in a while, if the dog is too big or heavy, like in suit pants. Day to day though the Dog is the one that sits by my keys ready for my pocket.

Btw, it has the best pocket clip ever, my chive has a pocket clip over three times the size and the chive will fall out when clipped! Never thought such a large knife would work with a tiny clip but it does. Sad these are no longer made, would love to find something else I like as well as this G. G. Hawk design, and I sure can't afford their customs!

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Make it 5. I bought it just because I wanted to see for myself after nutnfancys video....and for $30 bucks its not a bad knife at all! No failures on mine yet. Fires hard....yes lockup isnt great but it still handles most tasks well. I gave it a scary sharp edge and its in my EDC rotation now. Fun knife and actaully not a bad OTF for the money.

I haven't had any failures to fire (in or out) at all. The only thing that has happened with mine is that it rattles a bit when it's retracted (it didn't at first) but other then that it's good.

Well, The Ole Nutter wasn't why I bought mine. They are inexpensive and yet the work well. Can't beat that if you ask me. My two were $19.99 each delivered on a Black Friday deal. Both had partially serrated blades which was what I wanted at the time. I am usually a plain edge person but the serrations are great for cutting away a seat belt. They are my EDC when in car knives now. The straight part of the edges are sharp as possible now and the serrated area was already sharp enough for what I need it to do.

I got the plain edge with a black blade and handle. I wanted the blue handle with black plain blade but there was no such model. You got a really good price for yours. I think mine was about $35-40 shipped.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I usually carry my benchmade mini barrage when I'm not at work. Prior to that I alternated between a benchmade 530 and 350 for 10+ years. All great knives that I've no reason to replace, yet I often find myself looking for something new. I think it's some sort of sickness:)

handyman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    muncie
    Carried a variety case folders since I was 10 years old. Feel naked without one, but in the last 2 days just found out OTF autos are now legal. Thats definately my new daily carry.

flnt38

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    spyderco harpy in front pocket since the clip disappeared in the washing machine lol. cheap gerber paraframe in the watch pocket and a crkt m-21 folder in leg pocket

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Noblesville
    I do carry an EDC blade. A Smith & Wesson spring assist with slightly over 3" blade. When concealed carrying a firearm the blade is my backup. At places where I choose not to carry a gun, e.g. my living room, church, work, I carry it for self defense in order to get out of Dodge or get to my firearm (at home). I also use it for everyday stuff like opening boxes, cutting chores, etc.

Also I used to be an Armed Security Officer and one use of the blade then would be to defend against a firearm takeaway.

Last edited:

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Mmmmmm Bacon Sandwich!

I always have a Victorinox Minichamp or Victorinox Midnight Minichamp. Then depending on what I'm doing and where I am I'll have a fixed blade, larger folding, or multi tool.

I'm looking for a good spring assist with a 3" or less blade.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Depending upon whether I'm in "dress up" mode or not, I carry one of two Leatherman pocket folders, one of two Leatherman pocket tools (either the Surge or the Wave), one of several utility folders (currently favor a Buck folder with a BESH-type blade), a Leatherman Juice, and a fixed blade neck knife whose maker I can't recall. BOBs and GHBs have fixed and folder blades and the cars have hatchets, Kukhris, or both.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Either a SOG Trident serrated, or a Kershaw Blur Tanto Serrated. I really love the Kershaw quite a bit more than the SOG. Of course, I wont tell my wife who couldn't understand why I just had to have a $60 knife in my stocking for Christmas. My only response to her was that she had no idea what people an spend on a pocket knife. I live the weight, grip, spring action, and feel of the Kershaw all better than that of the SOG.

Top Bottom