What is your EDC blade? Do you carry one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is your EDC blade?

• Total voters

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I carry a Leatherman Wingman most of the time. I've found the only thing I use a knife for is opening packages, so this way I have a few other tools with me as well. I have yet to need to chop through a tree or fight off ninjas with my EDC knife, so the Wingman is great.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Now this is a proper poll.....bacon option should be standard.......:)

I carry a S&W folder and a Gerber multu-tool with a few cutting options.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Busse AMSMO fixed blade, horizontal at 11
    Strider SMF
    US marbles multi blade slip joint

My fixed blade is for heavier cutting tasks, self defense, I wouldn't be afraid to pry with it. My Strider folder is for every day cutting chores, opening packages and whatever. My US marbles has the leather awl, flat head screw driver, and a can opener. I don't think I could survive without that little thing! :):

Last edited:

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Spyderco Delica 4 clipped in right hand pocket as an EDC, and I always have a SOG multitool in the truck. Sometimes I have a fixed blade on my belt when hunting.

AlwaysVigilant

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Michigan, by way of Indianapolis
    One of a couple Spyderco Delicas, usually the waved one, clipped in the left front pocket. If I was still in Indiana, I would have a fixed blade AIWB too, but they are illegal here in MI. There is at least one other knife in the car and the office. Swiss Army for utility, and other ones...in places that are easily accessed...quickly.

Why? That is a weird question to me..who doesn't carry a friggin knife?!?!?! I don't know that I have ever had a day in my life since 7th grade where I haven't made use of one for something. Beyond that, they are great weapons too, and a very light back up in a scuffle.

The Teuller drill works the other way too.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I carry several different knives on a daily basis. I never have less than two within arms reach:

1. Izula (qty 2)
    2. CRKT Sting
    3. ESEE 4
    4. ZT 0301 (just to make Rhino jealous)
    5. ZT 0350
    6. Kershaw Leek (on my key chain)
    7. Cold Steel UWK (truck knife)
    8. Leatherman Wave Multi-tool

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Most often I carry a Benchmade 375 Adamas fixed blade, with a cord-wrapped handle.

Sometimes I also carry a Swamp Rat Ratmandu, sometimes a Busse Comp Finish SJTAC, sometimes a benchmade 180 Outbounder, sometimes one of Cubby's Fatboys...

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Usually, my ESEE Izula without handle scales, as a neck knife. I also carry a Swiss Army knife in my pocket with two blades, saw, screwdrivers etc...... For everyday chores.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Another vote for a Kershaw Leek. For me, it has the best blade shape to cut things at work: paper labels, boxes, network cables, zip ties, etc...

Anything bigger is too scarey for the sissy pants people I work around. Anything smaller can't get the job done.

Weekends I switch to a H&K Epidemic OTF.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I've been carrying a Smith & Wesson SWAT for about 18 years now. Really, it's just a utility knife, though I guess it would be better than nothing if I didn't have my carry weapon.

While the finish is basically worn off (it was all black, including the handle, when it was new) and I'm missing a screw, the blade is easy to keep sharp and it's always been a rugged and dependable knife. I did hear that later models were made more cheaply, though I know a guy at work that has a newer tanto type made in the mid-2000's that he swears by.

13+-+1

On a side note, if anyone knows where I could find a replacement screw for that middle hole, just let me know.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I carried a SOG SOGzilla clipped in the left front pocket for a long time. Now, I carry a Boker Kalashnikov auto everyday. It was good fit for what I use it for (cutting stuff at work and around the house), and inexpensive.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I always carry a knife. (Even when I'm working my other job and can't carry my firearm).

I EDC a Smith & Wesson Bullseye. EXTREMELY happy with it. (Especially for $12.xx on Amazon)
    I completely understand the reason to want some of the higher end knives,
    but for what I use these for, I just can't beat it.

I bought another one over three years ago and it's become a little dull but it'll still stab through flesh with a good jab of the arm, and that's all that I care about.
    Three years (or more) of every day use and only dropping $12... Has my seal of approval.

Smith & Wesson CK112S Bullseye Linerlock Knife with Partially Serrated Tanto Blade, Bullets Design Handle, and Pocket Clip, Black - Amazon.com

Beorn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've always carried some sort of pocket knife (buck, swiss army, old timer). I recently started carrying a Benchmade Volli. I haven't had a chance to use it a whole lot but I'm pretty happy with it's construction.

I have been eyeballing a Benchmade Bushcrafter for fixed blade use.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I carry a Leatherman Juice S2. Its not exactly tactical but it has everything I need day to day. A blade, bottle opener, philips and standard screwdriver, scraper, and scissors. Not exactly tactical, but since I encounter more hostile beer bottles than BGs day to day, I think it serves my purpose well.

IMG_00712.JPG

Top Bottom