• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    One other thing I would like to point out is when Jim Web was in a similar situation as Tulsi Gabbard when he ran. A number of people took notice and said if they were inclined to support a Democrat it would be someone like him that stood out for bucking the Democrats and that didn't have anything to do with his physical looks.
    Before my time here, but the search returns 117 responses for “jim Webb”. Tulsi returns 560 responses, nowhere near the interest and bolstering my point that there is a disproportionate level of interest in Tulsi compared to similar politicians. Trying to figure out just what it is that kindles that interest. Heck, several posters said they did not know know her positions but she was interesting and they were going to follow.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Before my time here, but the search returns 117 responses for “jim Webb”. Tulsi returns 560 responses, nowhere near the interest and bolstering my point that there is a disproportionate level of interest in Tulsi compared to similar politicians. Trying to figure out just what it is that kindles that interest. Heck, several posters said they did not know know her positions but she was interesting and they were going to follow.
    Were all those 560 responses just about her looks? You act as if no one that finds her attractive has not also responded about what she has to say. My whole point is that there is more to it for some that find her of interest than just her looks that you want to overlook. I'm trying to get back to the substance of what she is saying and her actions and that's what originally prompted me to start this thread in the first place.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I pointed to it. Did you see that the earliest post I found had few if any words and three photos?
    And one now gone video, don't know what was in it. That was also what maybe a year at the most before people would announce that they were going to run? Here is the second one about her I found (her name was mentioned in one older but it was a bash on Hilary not looks related) can't figure out why I can't get the right post to link but it's post 559 on page 28 in this thread https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...oopiehead-discuss.440655/page-28#post-7203413
    Interesting. A quick search regarding her politics indicates that she has a tendency to buck against the establishment which I find refreshing. Needless to say this would require a good bit more research before any endorsement is offered here!
    Kinda wonder what was in the video, and perhaps she was in the news recently as the post I linked may indicate.
    I must say, I marvel at the degree of skepticism about Candace Owens on this board, relative to the skepticism of Gabbard - and Owens not being a politician should mean her tendencies toward being self-serving would be an order of magnitude less than Gabbard's

But one is derogated as a grifter and the other is taken seriously for some reason
    Good point, I've noticed plenty of comments about her looks in threads. All of them positive that I remember.
    She is a politician, so proceed with caution, however she clearly burnt the bridge with the Democrats who don't want anything to do with her. She is intelligent, articulate, and destroyed Kamala's run for the presidency. I also read she is campaigning for some republicans. Perhaps she has had an epiphany? I look forward to her answering the questions on her new stand on 2A
    You mean an epiphany like Trump?
    I'm open to anyone changing their minds. The issue I was most concerned about with Trump was 2A, him being a New Yorker. And he did slide on it several times, but he also understands political dynamics. I think we lucked out that the left decided to villainize him. If they had sucked up to him, I think they could have got more out of him on gun control. But since they attacked, it polarized him.
    That was the one I was most worried about, but he knows that Repubs loooves them guns so he's all for the 2nd, his two oldest sons hunt you know. During an interview I'm all for the 2nd, I even have a carry permit. What do you carry? Oh I don't like to talk about that. Next interview (unprompted iirc) I carry x. He did the same thing on religion, what's your favorite book in the bible? Oh I don't discuss things like that. Next interview "I like second Timothy". I'm very cautious of Gabbard but at least she had what 5 or 6 years of going against the Dems before she left the party.

Last edited:
    Reactions: RCB

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You mean an epiphany like Trump?
    If one looks back at what was concerning to Trump before he began to seriously think about running, his positions have not moved much, he was always a trade hawk and America first and still is. The other issues are not as clear as he has waffled on some of them.

But his core beliefs on trade and America first have never changed. It is the parties that have changed. Democrats we’re all about American workers, until they were not. Republicans were all about big corporate business until they were not.

I suspect you have had you own epiphanies just like we all have over the years.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Here is a perfect example of what I'm talikg about. It seems to me that indiucky did indeed have an opinion about Gabbard that he found appealing besides just her looks.

I can't speak for Mia Love but Gabby seems to be in the Lee Hamilton/James Webb vein of blue dog Democrat of yesteryear...I have seen her on Tucker a few times...She was a Bernie supporter and said publicly that the Clinton's don't scare her...She makes the Democrats mad that make me mad...She's young but making a mark and is not afraid to buck the party line....

Last edited:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    250 of those Tulsi Gabbard INGO search hits are probably yours arguing that it's all about her looks.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    250 of those Tulsi Gabbard INGO search hits are probably yours arguing that it's all about her looks.
    Is it not about her looks? Then what exactly is it that prompts so much interest in someone with such little actual accomplishments and power?

This is some of the funniest stuff I have seen on INGO. I have proven with facts that she gets an inordinate amount of interest here several ways but folks keep saying it is not true. LOL

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Is it not about her looks? Then what exactly is it that prompts so much interest in someone with such little actual accomplishments and power?

This is some of the funniest stuff I have seen on INGO. I have proven with facts that she gets an inordinate amount of interest here several ways but folks keep saying it is not true. LOL
    Well to you it is apparently.

Maybe, just maybe it has something to do with her being a former PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE that left her party because they lost their mind.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

It's not all about her looks. It's also about her efforts to rebuke the lunacy of the Democrat party. You seem time and time again to want to overlook all of that and make it primarily about her looks.

(LOL)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    iu

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    If one looks back at what was concerning to Trump before he began to seriously think about running, his positions have not moved much, he was always a trade hawk and America first and still is. The other issues are not as clear as he has waffled on some of them.

But his core beliefs on trade and America first have never changed. It is the parties that have changed. Democrats we’re all about American workers, until they were not. Republicans were all about big corporate business until they were not.

I suspect you have had you own epiphanies just like we all have over the years.
    I may have had an epiphany or two. But generally speaking I don't completely change positions in a matter of weeks or in some cases days. Don't know how long it took him to flip on Hillary going from one of the best secretary of state to the worst. Or flip on abortion or guns. But he flipped in the matter of days if women should be punished for having an abortion. About the same on Afghanistan. Oh and where were most of his products he sold made? Before he declared not after.

Oh yes she is attractive but her bucking the Dem party for years, including before she was first mentioned here that you can find is what IMO promotes the attraction. There are some attractive women on the Dem side not including her before she left that party. I'll admit they are few and far between but there are some.

If were going by looks that matter instead of policy positions, how many posts do you think I can find simply critizing Dem women (and some men) solely on their looks?

Reactions: KG1

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    True, but she is hot.

e1efc24e57b170abf4290615f93becf2.gif
    For many, that will be enough.
    As evidenced by comments here; a pair of mammeries and silliness ensues…
    The above is the genesis of this rabbit trail, an offhand comment poking a little fun at INGO’ers that we’re commenting on looks and posting pics of a actress bearing a faint resemblance to Tulsi in a bikini, pictures that had previously been posted and had been called out as not Tulsi.

:lmfao:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Here is a perfect example of what I'm talikg about. It seems to me that indiucky did indeed have an opinion about Gabbard that he found appealing besides just her looks.

I'll just point back to this post that I was referencing to make my point in response to another post that tried to make the inference that indiucky was just another "sex crazed drooling old man" without also having any opinions in line with her about her taking on Democrat establishment politics which has evolved into the utter lunacy that they are now pushing.

Maybe he should've tried to dig a little deeper beyond superficially in that same thread like I did to try and find out if that was all there was that motivated him to take notice of Gabbard.

Turns out there was just like a number of us who might also find Gabbard to be attractive.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'll just point back to this post that was referring in response to another post that tried to make the inference that indiucky was just another "sex crazed drooling old man" without also having any opinions about her anti Democrat establishment politics.

Maybe he should've tried to dig a little deeper beyond superficially like I did to try and find out if that was all there was that motivated him to take notice of Gabbard.

Turns out there was.

Yep, the fact that he posted photos in post #526, at the link I posted, and later got around to commenting she seemed like a blue dog dem in post #545 certainly put the policy positions first.

Shoot, five years later INGO still does not know Tulsi’s policy positions, posters said so in this very thread.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Several it seems… LOL
    Mostly you I would say. You posted that you were out of the thread a few days ago, yet here you are. You're like a dog with a bone over this thing. It reminds me of the Covid threads early on where people kept saying the same things over and over, nobody changed their minds, nobody accepted the other person's opinion, they just kept regurgitating the same ol' same ol'. :dunno:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Mostly you I would say. You posted that you were out of the thread a few days ago, yet here you are. You're like a dog with a bone over this thing.
    Show me that post?

I made a truthful joke at comments being made here. I have proven them wrong at every turn, but you are blaming me? Why? The evidence in the posts shows exactly what I am talking about. Are you saying that there is not an inordinate amount of attention from INGO because of her looks?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Mostly you I would say. You posted that you were out of the thread a few days ago, yet here you are. You're like a dog with a bone over this thing. It reminds me of the Covid threads early on where people kept saying the same things over and over, nobody changed their minds, nobody accepted the other person's opinion, they just kept regurgitating the same ol' same ol'. :dunno:
    His insatiable need to denigrate other members will not allow him to recognize that there is more to this Gabbard thing than just her looks with those that find her attractive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom