• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    couldnt say it any better. when i go to the range. i cant put down my kimber. and people always want to shoot it. i get a kick out of it when they put down the glock to shoot a 1911. and leave like they just had good sex

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I like 1911's except for the manual safety. If they made a model with a decocker, I would be all over it!

I have concerns about manually decocking one as well. Seems like one is a slip away from a big oops....

Awhile back I described the 1911 as "the Harley-Davidson of handguns..." And chicks dig Harleys, right?

I am confused, they look great but leave an oil stain wherever you lay them and refuse to fire when it is cold? :popcorn:

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    My love affair began when I was 7 years old when I was shown my grandfathers 1911 he carried in WW2. Since then my love grew. I presently have the Remington 1911 my grandfather had and my Springfield GI Champion. I love the design and the history with the design. John M. Browning is a legend of the gun world. I love shooting them both and love just looking at them. They served US troops from WW1 to after Panama. They are still used by some special forces and police. They are the most recognizable handgun along with Glock. It will remain a great pistol long after I am gone.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Its a true american classic handgun ,its like holding a piece of history in that it is a 100 year old design that has set the standard of semi auto handguns & is still highly regarded as a premier carry weapon.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    They are kinda like the muscle car of the gun world. Big motor (bullet), heavy, full of metal, solid, can be finicky, but when you get em right there isnt a more beautiful or fun to use gun/car in the world.

I have yet to shoot another style semi auto that I shoot as well as a 1911.

shawnfox12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    greenfield in,
    100 years of some of the best shooting guns... weither you spend the money on a ed brown custom oR you buy a rock island there still a 1911 i have a few 1911 and polys i love my polys for the high stack mags BUT NOTHING SHOOTS LIKE A 1911!!!!!!

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    couldnt say it any better. when i go to the range. i cant put down my kimber. and people always want to shoot it. i get a kick out of it when they put down the glock to shoot a 1911. and leave like they just had good sex

You clean your 1911 a lot, hunh?

Top Bottom