• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    40% is equal to 40%, not greater.

I skimmed the article. So impoverished blacks tend to live in areas with a higher concentration of poverty than whites. So what? Oh yeah, that's racist.

This is exactly the kind of liberal bull**** that drives me up a wall. The liberals believe that everyone has the "right" to live in a nicer neighborhood. That is utter crap. People who live in nicer neighborhoods earn the ability to do so. I've heard people crying before about when blacks move in, whites move out. Must be about the color of their skin, right? Couldn't possibly be that people by nature tend to gravitate toward others similar to themselves.

Like I mentioned before, I live in a diverse neighborhood and 98% of the folks in my neighborhood take pride in their homes. They mow their laws, maintain nice landscaping. We have a few who don't though and no one can make them do it. I supposed if someone who didn't want to live like the rest of the neighborhood moved in next door to me and let their house go to **** it would be racist if I put a for sale sign in my yard, right? Couldn't possibly be that I simply don't want to live next door to a ****hole regardless of who lives in it.

Some in our society need to spend a bit more time chasing the dream rather than crawling around on hands and knees searching for something new to ***** about. I don't have time for it myself.

Do you know why blacks are so concentrated in the inner city? Knowing the history behind that would probably go a long way in you understanding how they got there, why they went there, and how they ended up in poverty.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    If I might... I looked up BLM and am looking at their about page.

http://blacklivesmatter.com/about/

I really hate to sound stupid but what exactly does this say/mean?? I don't understand this.

"Black Lives Matter affirms the lives of Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, black-undocumented folks, folks with records, women and all Black lives along the gender spectrum. It centers those that have been marginalized within Black liberation movements. It is a tactic to (re)build the Black liberation movement."

"How 500,000 Black people in the US are undocumented immigrants and relegated to the shadows."

"How Black girls are used as negotiating chips during times of conflict and war."

"How 2.8 million Black people are locked in cages in this country is state violence"

"How Black folks living with disabilities and different abilities bear the burden of state sponsored Darwinian experiments that attempt to squeeze us into boxes of normality defined by white supremacy, and that is state violence."

"How Black queer and trans folks bear a unique burden from a hetero-patriarchal society that disposes of us like garbage and simultaneously fetishizes us and profits off of us, and that is state violence."

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If one has the belief that welfare has destroyed the black family, then what has it done to the white family. Blacks and white, almost equally, account for 80% of welfare recipients, and yet blacks are well more represented in poverty. Why does what holds true for one, not hold true for the other?

So if you want to know why people who do believe that welfare destroyed the black family, there's plenty of them on the forum who's espoused that belief. Ask them. I'm not a sociologist, don't know enough to have an opinion one way or the other, and am simply trying to help you understand why someone would have a legitimate reason to bring it into the conversation other than just "all black people are on welfare" bigotry.

But, if you want to talk about lack of economic opportunity and the destruction of neighborhoods via drugs, then I'd say if you want to see the effects on a white community you can hop on I-65 and find out pretty quick. Head on down to Austin, Indiana and tell me what you think. A town of about 4,000 people with over 100 new HIV cases discovered in just one year due to needle sharing, a rampant dope industry (pills have replaced meth), wide spread prostitution, high rates of teen pregnancy, etc. Interaction with LE is probably lower due to the general lack of funding for rural law enforcement. With the destruction of the coal mining industry, automation and illegals taking agricultural work, manufacturing wages failing to keep pace, etc. "white" rural America is facing that reality more and more often as the jobs leave.

Austin, Indiana: the HIV capital of small-town America - Business Insider

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    40% is equal to 40%, not greater.

I skimmed the article. So impoverished blacks tend to live in areas with a higher concentration of poverty than whites. So what? Oh yeah, that's racist.

This is exactly the kind of liberal bull**** that drives me up a wall. The liberals believe that everyone has the "right" to live in a nicer neighborhood. That is utter crap. People who live in nicer neighborhoods earn the ability to do so. I've heard people crying before about when blacks move in, whites move out. Must be about the color of their skin, right? Couldn't possibly be that people by nature tend to gravitate toward others similar to themselves.

Like I mentioned before, I live in a diverse neighborhood and 98% of the folks in my neighborhood take pride in their homes. They mow their laws, maintain nice landscaping. We have a few who don't though and no one can make them do it. I supposed if someone who didn't want to live like the rest of the neighborhood moved in next door to me and let their house go to **** it would be racist if I put a for sale sign in my yard, right? Couldn't possibly be that I simply don't want to live next door to a ****hole regardless of who lives in it.

Some in our society need to spend a bit more time chasing the dream rather than crawling around on hands and knees searching for something new to ***** about. I don't have time for it myself.

Exactly, this is one of the hard truths people need to stop crying about and get over.

People will always prefer their own kind over another's. That isn't racist. It never was and it never will be. It's how humans formed civilizations, cultures, and societies.

It's not unique to skin colors either, just take a look at a map of the US by cultural backgrounds. Very little mixing, always heavily dominated by one ethnic group.
    If anything, cultural background is the primary factor in people grouping together, not the color of their skin.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Do you know why blacks are so concentrated in the inner city? Knowing the history behind that would probably go a long way in you understanding how they got there, why they went there, and how they ended up in poverty.

To be perfectly honest I don't and I don't have any interest in knowing. Answer me this, how long has it been since they went there?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If you only know part of the story... meh, nevermind

What does it matter? What does it have to do with tomorrow? How in the hell did the black female who lives next door to me get to be a podiatrist? How did my black coworkers get to be police officers? How did you? Did someone hand you that **** because of the color of your skin or did you earn it? Did you work for it?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I know some people in the welfare system both whites and blacks. The whites are either lazy and don't want to work while squandering what they have on drugs and gripe about how they don't have anything. Or they live with someone who works and claim they live alone with kids and get benefits aka working the system. I have an inlaw who does this. The black folks I know in thr system are the same except the gripe about the police being out to get them and how easy white people have it. Or they are involved (or their kids) in the drug trade but play the blame game when someone goes to jail or gets killed...big difference is where they put the blame

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My inlaw as an example complains about how hard it is being a single mom while her bf & father of the kids of 19yrs live with them but claim he doesn't...and I get to hear all about their vacations and all the crap they have while I bust my tail to get what I have to support my family...maybe I should start a little support group. Jk lol. Problems are actions and mind set. To quote Charlie Daniels what we need are a few more rednecks people who make their living by the sweat on their brow and the calluses on their hands. Take ownership of thier actions, words and stop thinking theycare entitled to something. Nobody owes anyone anything and only a very small few are out to get anyone

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What does it matter? What does it have to do with tomorrow? How in the hell did the black female who lives next door to me get to be a podiatrist? How did my black coworkers get to be police officers? How did you? Did someone hand you that **** because of the color of your skin or did you earn it? Did you work for it?

If I listened to INGO, affirmative action. As for me, I was FLAT OUT told by another officer, that I was a "checkbox." Yep, college educated, Spanish speaking, 6'0 200, academy with honors, former probation officer "checkbox."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If I listened to INGO, affirmative action. As for me, I was FLAT OUT told by another officer, that I was a "checkbox." Yep, college educated, Spanish speaking, 6'0 200, academy with honors, former probation officer "checkbox."

I'd be pretty ****ing insulted by that if I were you. Yet we have people pushing for that very thing.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I initially thought that there was a reason the "X" was included. Unless he referred to himself as such, there's no denying, IMO, that the "X" is included due to it's similarities to Malcolm X. I think it's on purposeful.

And the goal is......what? We're going to throw a fit because the media is attempting to smear the identity of a racist mass murderer? He "deserves" the privilege of having his name spelled out correctly?

How did this genius come up with this complaint? Does he have the name of every other mass murderer memorized? He knows from memory that every single one of them had their first, middle and last names utilized every single time the media covered them? I suspect not. He went looking for something to **** into the wind about and this is the best he could come up with. There's something to be said for picking your battles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom