• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Saw one today, and it looked very similar to a CZ-75.

So whats the story on this handgun? Is it just an older model?

thanks,
    clay

Old Reliable

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    My google- fu tells me that is was a limited run. Seems like the scuttle on the interweb was overall positive. I am reading that they came with night sights. Sounds like they were quite a good deal at the time, but I have no idea what they are going for now. I have no experience with the gun, just googled it to find out what it was when you mentioned it. I feel certain that more knowledgable CZ lovers will be here, shortly.

Oh... Everyone keeps mentioning that is sort of a cross between 2 CZ's, but I can't seem to find out which ones.

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm going to tell you to not buy it. A couple of years ago I made a mistake and traded my CZ 75 .40 for one. It is the ******* child of a deal gone wrong between Colt and CZ. They used a slide and frame from two different models just can not remember which. Should have better info on the CZ forums. From the get go I had nothing but problems with FTF's. Took it to a smith and had him polish the feed ramp face and extractor. Called CZ and they said they redesigned the magazines. They sent me two. Still had problems so it went bye bye. Some and I mean very few where lucky and got a decent one.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The 40-P was my first handgun.

It was an impulse buy. Wish now that I wouldn't have bought it. Holsters are NON EXISTANT unless you have something custom-made. Back then, I didn't want to spend that kind of money at all. I did my homework AFTER I bought it; found out that I over-paid. Almost an epiphany right around then: No more impulse buys on firearms until you know what the heck it is that you're looking at.

It's a Franken-Gun, of sorts. They had all these frames from one run of pistols...and all these slides from a run of another pistol... Viola, 2+2 = CZ 40-P.

I don't recall mine having night sights. It might've been the rechargeable type, though.

Accurate enough; mine had a nice DA trigger. Would've made a nice carry gun due to it's relative low-weight (Aluminum alloy frame). Goofy rubber butt plates on the mags, though.

I don't remember any malfunctions of any kind with mine.

CZ forums has a lot of information if you wanted to peruse. That's where I found out about mine.

If you want a .40 cal range toy...feel confidant in buying one. If you're looking at a carry weapon: caveat emptor.

-J-

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Sounds similar to a pistol I saw at the 1500, I forget the exact model, but apparently it was the result of a deal between Springfield and CZ...

Nice looking gun though...

Edit: Apparently what I saw appears to be a Springfield P9, made by Tangfolio...

Springfield P9

Seems like there are a lot of interesting collaborations out there...

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    it is the slide from the limited run cz-40B .. and frame from cz-75..
    I have a 40B .. but only for collection value. as mentioned before, holsters are hard to find..

frame is from a CZ-75 P-01, hence the rail and its an alloy.

Good stuff though. Sounds interesting anyway.

Shawn44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    I know this is an old thread, but:

I have a 40p, and if you're looking for a holster, the Fobus RU-97 paddle holster fits the weapon very nicely.

I have put over a thousand rounds through mine, and it's accuracy and reliability are superb. No other mid to full sized pistol has felt as good in my hand as this one. It is very ergonomic.

I use it as my carry pistol during cooler weather in a shoulder holster setup. I am very happy to own it, even with the lack of accessories.

popeye

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Deepest, darkest, Indiana
    The CZ40 was a Colt/CZ collaboration. A Colt marked gun will bring some collector value. CDNN clearanced these things for $299 a few years ago. The current CZ2075? compact looks like a chopped version of the CZ40.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I know this is a thread resurrection but there is some bad info in here. Once upon a time Colt, in an effort to compete against Glock for the LEO market, wanted to develop a .40 cal. handgun that was as simple as a Glock in operation. Their solution was to develop a .40 in DAO. Since they were going through their first bankruptcy at the time they did not have the money to invest in this project so they made a handshake agreement with CZ. CZ was to design and produce these guns with the Colt rollmark as the Colt Z40. Colt specified that the grip must be 1911esque, that it have an alloy frame so that it would be lighter than their all steel guns and that it be DAO so better, they believed, to compete with the striker fired guns. Well, Colt had to back out of the deal for financial reasons. This left CZ holding the bag, so to speak. So CZ trashed the DAO trigger and developed a DA/SA trigger similar to the 75B. They changed the rollmark and marketed them as the CZ40B. When they ran out of the frames for the 40B they simply transitioned to a P01/P06 frame and, again, changed the rollmark. This time to the CZ 40P. When the slide/barrels ran out they fully transitioned to the P06 as their compact .40 offering.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The 40B is a stupid gun, in a stupid caliber, with a stupid trigger, and a stupid archaic grip.

...yet for some reason it shot like a laser for me and I loved it. :scratch:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I know this is a thread resurrection but there is some bad info in here. Once upon a time Colt, in an effort to compete against Glock for the LEO market, wanted to develop a .40 cal. handgun that was as simple as a Glock in operation. Their solution was to develop a .40 in DAO. Since they were going through their first bankruptcy at the time they did not have the money to invest in this project so they made a handshake agreement with CZ. CZ was to design and produce these guns with the Colt rollmark as the Colt Z40. Colt specified that the grip must be 1911esque, that it have an alloy frame so that it would be lighter than their all steel guns and that it be DAO so better, they believed, to compete with the striker fired guns. Well, Colt had to back out of the deal for financial reasons. This left CZ holding the bag, so to speak. So CZ trashed the DAO trigger and developed a DA/SA trigger similar to the 75B. They changed the rollmark and marketed them as the CZ40B. When they ran out of the frames for the 40B they simply transitioned to a P01/P06 frame and, again, changed the rollmark. This time to the CZ 40P. When the slide/barrels ran out they fully transitioned to the P06 as their compact .40 offering.

Thanks for the info BA!

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    :coffee:Good morning CZ guys and gals, drove up to Indy yesterday and picked up my Sphinx that the Doctor had tuned for me and cannot wait to take it out. Also took my Rami in the morning and had a really nice time with it. I will say again by far the easiest to shoot small compact I have ever shot, I need all the help I can get and the Rami provides just that! Anyway hope everybody finds some time for the range and has an enjoyable weekend.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The 40B is a stupid gun, in a stupid caliber, with a stupid trigger, and a stupid archaic grip.

...yet for some reason it shot like a laser for me and I loved it. :scratch:
    Yup. I had one once before and was so frustrated about being unable to change the sights that I let it go. Been wanting another one for a while. Finally landed one. There are a lot of enablers around here. :koolaid:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My 75B with the Fastfire has to go back to the wizard. The Fastfire doesn't sit all the way down on the adaptor. llh exchanged emails with the company that produced them and they want him to send it back so it can be fixed. Not sure how long this will take. The happy news is that llh sent me a PM saying that he put the TFX sights on the Omega last night. So, once my company has departed I will be able to take that for testing. :yesway:

Top Bottom