• ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    That's interesting.

There's the question, but then the two possible answers don't match that question.

For politicians, don't they all have their policies and agendas directed by some other groups? E.g. national party, other party members, lobbyist, the opposition if you're trying to cut a deal, voters, etc.

And it seems like a wasted effort if you only asked one very open ended question.
    It's pretty straightforward either you think he's in charge or a puppet for others but we get it you have to defend him.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Here is the jerk long ago "mis" remembering facts about himself. Still the same person today.

Although it does appear he has magically managed to grow thicker hair as he got older.

He was a worthless arrogant mother ******* ******* then.

He is a worthless arrogant mother ******* ******* today.

I expect he will be a wothless arrogant mother ******* ******* until he is dead.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This reminds me of a baseball game I attended. This was back when gas was over $4/gallon. I overheard people sitting behind me talking about the gas prices. Someone said something to the effect that it’s about time our gas prices got more inline with Europe. :xmad:

Don’t count on all voters to demand lower gas prices. Some people seem to think it’s their duty to pay more.

I hear this philosophy at times and if it's directed my way I always say that there nothing wrong with making charitable donations with your own money if you think you have too much.;)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Joe is the example of a good machine figurehead. A political machine in Delaware powered by huge money has kept him in power because he does what he's told and earns for the machine. He's not unique in this respect, there are people like him at many levels of leadership. The drunken uncle facade has been charming the media and deceiving opponents for years, but everybody is correct, he's not sharp and is in way over his head.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's pretty straightforward either you think he's in charge or a puppet for others but we get it you have to defend him.
    Nice straw man. I'm not defending him, just questioning the poll.

Or, are polls sacred if you agree with the results?
    It's harder, yet more important, to question things you agree with.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nice straw man. I'm not defending him, just questioning the poll.

Or, are polls sacred if you agree with the results?
    It's harder, yet more important, to question things you agree with.
    Straw man? He addressed the poll. Was that not the topic?

Do you believe President Biden is fully executing the duties of his office?

- No, others are directing policy and agenda
    - Yes, he is directing all policy and agenda
    - Not sure

I took your concerns as that you thought it wasn't straightforward, because there are often other powerful groups that influence policies and agenda. I also took drillsgt's post as disagreeing, saying it was straightforward enough, that it's a pretty simple dichotomy. How is that a straw man?

The key words are "fully executing the duties of his office" and "directing policy and agenda". I think drillsgt is correct. It looks like a straightforward question and set of answers to me. "directing" doesn't leave a lot of room for equivocation by the question. Is Joe Biden fully in charge or not? Or maybe they should have given poll respondents a language test first to make sure they understand what "directing" means. The DNC doesn't direct policy or agenda. It has long been established that the President is the leader of the party to which he/she belongs. Joe Biden declared during a speech after winning the nomination, "I AM the Democratic Party!"

Well? Is he in charge or not? Is HE fully executing the duties of his office? There are influencers, sure, but the buck stops with the President.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Straw man? He addressed the poll. Was that not the topic?

Do you believe President Biden is fully executing the duties of his office?

- No, others are directing policy and agenda
    - Yes, he is directing all policy and agenda
    - Not sure
    No, he made the assertion that by questioning the poll, I am defending the president.
    Why did he have to include that little attack? It was uncalled for, IMHO.

Well? Is he in charge or not? Is HE fully executing the duties of his office? There are influencers, sure, but the buck stops with the President.
    FTR, I think Biden is more influenced by others more than any other president in the last fifty years, or more. (Maybe Truman gives him a run for his money...)

However, I think you can be executing the job of President effectively even if someone is whispering in your ear, IMHO.

That's why I question the poll. To me, they are incongruous. Probably just my overly analytical mind in overdrive.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I know, you're just doing your part to prevent us from being one of those 'echo chambers' lol.
    I don't share your humor. I don't find the personal attacks funny.

I don't have to defend anyone, and certainly not that ********* sitting in the oval office.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, he made the assertion that by questioning the poll, I am defending the president.
    Why did he have to include that little attack? It was uncalled for, IMHO.
    Was "The age of blood letting and body humors is over" called for? We all quip on the internet. It's not usually helpful. It's what people do. I wouldn't complain too hard about other people doing it. And, rather than a straw man, I suspect it was an interpretation from his own point of view. We all do that too.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    He also knows, PEOPLE (customers) will be paying it.

Have to make a profit to pay taxes. They went a long time without making one, I'm sure they know a few tricks.

As to the topic at hand, I do actually have something. Biden signed an EO directing Federal agencies to implement rules in support of right to repair.

If you're not familiar, this is a good watch:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

This is supposed to be something good??

No it's not, NCC's are done to prevent a employee from jumping ship to another competitor to prevent that employee from poaching from his old job.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom