• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It seems the most misunderstood folk on INGO all claim no one else has reading comprehension.
    Popular opinion. Doest mean it's right.

Point out the post where I said was ok with what he's claiming.

Willing to apologize if you do.

Bearing false witness matter?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Popular opinion. Doest mean it's right.

Point out the post where I said was ok with what he's claiming.

Willing to apologize if you do.

Bearing false witness matter?
    The problem is people do not yse direct quotes, most people in a conversation speak in composites of what they have inferred from your previous statements. His post was framed as a question, if you were to reply that that is not what you implied and explained what you meant it would be a positive.

You act as if it would be no problem to look up your exact statement from 50 posts ago and use the reply feature.

I feel that you and some others are intentionally vague so you can say "I didn't say that!", "You have no reading comprehension." (Which is tantamount to saying they are dumb.)

ETA You inferred that I meant there was some consensus attached to my post. Look again I neither said nor implied that it was a popular opinion.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    That may be true and I am getting the sense that people are defining adverse affect differently.

To me it has to be something that makes me change my life or lifestyle in a manner I don't like.

Keystone isn't having that affect.

Now Ammo prices are adversely affecting me.
    The fact that I have to pay a hybrid tax on vehicles now adversely affects me.

Now when it comes to spending, I was complaining about that when Trump took office I couldn't believe the amount of debt the Republicans started running up, and that was before Covid. It was one of the main reasons I got fed up with Trump and the Republicans in the first 2 years of Trumps term.

Had nothing to do with tweets and Orange Man Bad, it had to do with spending

Yet, it didn't matter to a lot of other people.

Now it's Biden's turn. Do I like it? No, but just like under Trump I haven't been adversely affected by it yet...

I do expect to be though.

You thought the democrats would be more fiscally responsible lol?

The problem is people do not yse direct quotes, most people in a conversation speak in composites of what they have inferred from your previous statements. His post was framed as a question, if you were to reply that that is not what you implied and explained what you meant it would be a positive.

You act as if it would be no problem to look up your exact statement from 50 posts ago and use the reply feature.

I feel that you and some others are intentionally vague so you can say "I didn't say that!", "You have no reading comprehension." (Which is tantamount to saying they are dumb.)

ETA You inferred that I meant there was some consensus attached to my post. Look again I neither said nor implied that it was a popular opinion.
    There are the posts.

Where did I say or imply democrats would be more fiscally responsible?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I stated my definition of an adverse affect. That isn't the same as an negative economic affect.

Paying 36.50 a year more may mean I eat out less so it affects me, but I don't really notice.

Like I said Ammo does...gas prices, not so much.

Why?

Well because in 2008ish it got up to what? $4?

Now I am glad when it stays below $3.

Over time an adverse affect can cease to be adverse. I just get used to it. Inflation....gas even.

I got upset it went over a $1, then I got used to it....then $2...now it's $3.

You just don't get it do you? You're so naive.

You'll be begging for $4.00 gas when it hits $5.00 and the problem is that dime turns into a dollar, then instead of the average 28-31% taken out of your check for taxes becomes 35 to 40% and suddenly you're paying a minimum of$5.00 a day which becomes $1865.00 a year and higher, you no longer get pay raises because your employer is paying more corporate taxes, Your electric and natural gas bill rise because there will increases.

Your once comfort level is now squeezed, you can no longer eat out. The economic ripple effect will cause problems for you.

The crazy price of $500.00 for a 1000 rounds of 9mm will be a bargain when Biden and his allies start taxing ammo so it becomes almost unpurchaseable

You'll learn, you'll be forced to learn. You just can't see past the end of your finger tips right now, because you fail to see that it will cause issues for you and everyone around.
    Just look at Venezuela, Biden and his buddies have turned the wheel to the left. How long before the brakes burn out and we as a country run right off the cliff out of control.

Youth is a great thing, but the problem with youth, you have not had enough life experiences yet.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I find it's immensely helpful to have traveled outside of the US a bit for a reality check as to how things could be.

$5 a gallon for gas you say? I was happy when I could get it for $7 a gallon in the UK.
    $7 for a pack of cigarettes is high? $16 was about average.

Ammo? HAHAHAHA

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You just don't get it do you? You're so naive.

You'll be begging for $4.00 gas when it hits $5.00 and the problem is that dime turns into a dollar, then instead of the average 28-31% taken out of your check for taxes becomes 35 to 40% and suddenly you're paying a minimum of$5.00 a day which becomes $1865.00 a year and higher, you no longer get pay raises because your employer is paying more corporate taxes, Your electric and natural gas bill rise because there will increases.

Your once comfort level is now squeezed, you can no longer eat out. The economic ripple effect will cause problems for you.

The crazy price of $500.00 for a 1000 rounds of 9mm will be a bargain when Biden and his allies start taxing ammo so it becomes almost unpurchaseable

You'll learn, you'll be forced to learn. You just can't see past the end of your finger tips right now, because you fail to see that it will cause issues for you and everyone around.
    Just look at Venezuela, Biden and his buddies have turned the wheel to the left. How long before the brakes burn out and we as a country run right off the cliff out of control.

Youth is a great thing, but the problem with youth, you have not had enough life experiences yet.
    Wait is Foszoe some young guy, all this time i've thought of him as some older retired hippie lol.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I haven't caught up to this thread yet. But I just wanted a quick answer. Has he done anything right yet? Anything? Have we at least any confirmation that he can climb stairs?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I haven't caught up to this thread yet. But I just wanted a quick answer. Has he done anything right yet? Anything? Have we at least any confirmation that he can climb stairs?
    He hasn't divided into twins. Otherwise, no.

He doesn't climb stairs. The stairs climb him.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    It just amazes me how many words it takes to say nothing.

Did you ever hear of Professor Irwin Cory (on the Johnny Carson show)? Claimed he could talk at length about any subject and sound knowledgeable without saying anything meaningful. Proved it many times.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    He hasn't divided into twins. Otherwise, no.

He doesn't climb stairs. The stairs climb him.
    I heard that the Secret service has signed a contract with Barnum & Bailey Circus & The Flying Wallendas to build a catch net on each side of the stairs leading up to the entrance of Air Force One. Of course there was one person complaining at the immense cost of the task to do this. she was last seen laughing and giggling as she entered the VP residence muttering....

"I'll get you my little dementia fool, and your dogs too!

Top Bottom