• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Maxpedition has a bunch of stuff on sale for up to 40% off and BOGO on many items. My brother @tbhausen and I went in 50/50 on 2 Operator Tactical Attaches, two Centurion Patrol Bags and accessories for all four bags for about $570 shipped for everything, a really nice deal. And PayPal Pay in 4 at zero interest takes the sting of having to cough up for all of it at once.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    SM020_02.jpg
    Primary Arms still has a good sale going on for pencil barrel DelTon uppers with bcg and ch for $209. Love me some lightweight AR although I'm not thrilled with carbine gas and handguards but to throw on a lower for a cheap gp carbine they're great. Bought one back in September without realizing it was a pencil,......grabbed three more to complete the set.

Myrradah

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 86.7%
    13   2   0
    Jul 11, 2023
    Lafayette
    Ooh man....

I bought a Primary Arms GLX 1-10 Griffin reticle scope, a Primary Arms HUD DMR GLX 4-16, P80 frame and kit for my dagger cuz i hate the PSA frame, a stippling kit, grinding tools, I traded a 300 blackout rifle for a Ravin 10 Xbow, I got all my supplies to build a 3-5 day go bag as well as a 1 month go bag with medical supplies, Lots of ammo for my 308 and 5.56 and 300 blackout sub. Also purchased, prior to black friday 2 suppressors - one for a Surefire warcomp in 30 cal on my Bergara 6.5 HMR and my 300 Blackout and a banish 30 for my keymo 5.56 rifles.....think thats it :)

OH! and im going to purchase a tract UHD 4.5 x 30 scope on 12/1 when they go on sale! thats the hawtness right there....

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Last couple of days have been brutal on my finances. Delta Team Tactical keeps sending me emails and I find optics I can't avoid buying. This morning it was this,.....

Watched a dozen reviews(most are a decade old btw,...the scope's been out for quite a while and is being discontinued)and it seems to be a good 1-4x LPVO. Guess all the new kids need the higher magnification,....I'm pretty fine with 1-4x. Ended up ordering five of them this morning before my credit card burst into flames.

The reason for the flaming credit card? Delta Team Tactical had a different model Hi-Lux 2-10x variable on clearance yesterday. They're sold out now(I'm taking a bow,.....aside from all the ones I purchased nineteen more sold when I posted the deal over on another forum. They sold out before I could post it here). Since they're sold out there's no longer a link to the deal but here's the scope at Midway,......

2-10x42 variable with illuminated green reticle, 30mm tube,....Midway price $370. DTT price was normally $349,.....they were blowing them out for $69.99. Yeah, I bought a bunch of them. Actually, more than a bunch.

W3s

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2019
    Indianapolis
    SM020_02.jpg
    Primary Arms still has a good sale going on for pencil barrel DelTon uppers with bcg and ch for $209. Love me some lightweight AR although I'm not thrilled with carbine gas and handguards but to throw on a lower for a cheap gp carbine they're great. Bought one back in September without realizing it was a pencil,......grabbed three more to complete the set.

I saw this and was shocked how cheap it was, including the bcg & ch... but I've heard so many bad things about DelTon, so I didn't buy it. What is your experience with the brand? Is it worth it, for 200 bucks?

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I'm no expert and can't give you much of a review but it appears to be a decent basic upper,...don't see any glaring flaws. Haven't received my latest order but do have the one from September in hand and am sitting here comparing it to one of the CDNN BFI pencil barrel uppers I've also ordered recently. Haven't fired either although I have mounted two of the CDNN uppers on home built 80%ers without trouble.

Both are16" pencil barrels with carbine gas and taper pinned front sight post/gas blocks(the BFI has had the front sight post ground off and is gas block only). BFI is melonite 1/8, the DelTon looks parked 1/9, both 5.56 chamber. Neither is chrome lined of course. Standard A2 flash hiders on both with crush washers. Bayo lugs intact and rubber covered front sling swivels on both. Same heat shielded handguards. BFI uses a Brass Aluminum Forging Enterprises flat-top upper with square forging code, DelTon a FNMI / Cerro Forge flat-top with keyhole code and T slot markings. Other than the chopped A frame front sight nothing much to distinguish them from one another.

The CDNN/BFI is without BCG so nothing to report there. The DelTon doesn't show much. Unmarked bolt, no MPI or HP testing done apparently. Carrier looks decent,....no markings whatsoever, intentional or otherwise. Perfectly sterile. Gas key staking looks okay if a little lighter than some. Don't think it'll be a problem. Just a couple of nothing special lightweight uppers. Worth the money? Yeah, I think so. That's why I've bought so many but I'm just interested in building as many lightweight ARs as cheaply as I can right now. I'm not normal. I wish they had full carry handles and 20" barrels with rifle gas but we don't live in that world anymore. I can have that but don't want to pay the premium so I'm willing to take 16" and flat-top,......but I sure wish they were at least mid-gas. I HATE carbine gas,.....but for the price and for the purpose I'm building them,.....they're okay. IF they were mid-gas I'd buy ten more of each today.

I just really like pencil barrels and they're not that easy to find,.....most cheap uppers have too much metal and advertise as A2 profile. These are probably fine and functional. I'll eventually slap some optics on a pile of them and see how they shoot. May pick out some keepers and ditch the dogs or just put them away.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I saw this and was shocked how cheap it was, including the bcg & ch... but I've heard so many bad things about DelTon, so I didn't buy it. What is your experience with the brand? Is it worth it, for 200 bucks?
    20+ years ago I bought a Del Ton upper with a Yankee Hill flip-up front sight gas block combo.

I ran thousands of rounds through it, and around 10 years ago I gave it to my SIL who put thousands more through it without any problems.

I can't say if the quality has went down hill or if I just got a really good upper by chance. It's the only experience I've had with Del Ton.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    SM020_02.jpg

Dang, thats a good price with bcg. If you decide to get rid of just 1 complete upper, let me know..I'm in knox

Top Bottom