• ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...ategory=Pistol

This would be my first gun...EVER. What do you think? I'm just looking for a bit of feedback. I want to get used to shooting again before I go buy the gun I REALLY want ($1700)....So this would be my starter.

Oh...and BE HONEST. Dont sugar coat it!

TIA
    Ray

The page cannot be found, HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.

I wouldn't get it, how could you find it when you needed it? :D

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I think you will be very unhappy and lucky to hit the broad side of a barn @25yds.

There you go simple and no sugar coating.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've shot one of those. Nice little starter gun. Easy to load. Worked flawlessly.

What are you really wanting though?

[edit] Yes, after seeing the post above mine. I shot it at only 20 feet. You probably wouldn't use it much past that distance.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Exactly the responce I was looking for! THANK YOU FOR YOUR HONESTY. I posted this on wshtf too Mikea.....You should tell me what you think of there suggestions!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I've shot one of those. Nice little starter gun. Easy to load. Worked flawlessly.

What are you really wanting though?

Wanting something to shoot for fun but ready and willing to take down a gorrilla if need be! lol! I want reliable, easy to learn/handle.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    What is the caliber of the gun you want? I'd look to something at least similar to it, so you can get used to the recoil of whatever said caliber will be. That is what I would do.
    Honestly, not sure about caliber. Like I said this will be my first gun so this is all rather new to me. Right now I'm just look for something reliable in my price range ( I really want to save up for the gun I *want*). Nothing (obviously) over a .40. Other than that, it's up in the air!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    CHEAP...LOL. No seriously, on my first gun I'd rather not spend over $350. I know that's not much...but c'mon, it's my first gun. Who knows if I'll even like it. lol. I hear Tauras is kind of a crappy company...what about.....

http://www.browning.com/products/cat...51&type_id=407

Sorry for just throwing things out there like this, I just have NO CLUE what to buy!

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I am not a good person to ask. While the 22lr is a great plinker and game getter with a 3.25" barrel I don't think it would be very accurate.

I would suggest if this is your first pistol try out several before making a purchase, I just hate to see somebody new get a gun that will not measure up to their accuracy expectations and they lose interest. For me it has always been if it isn't at least as accurate as me I don't want it.

I went to the range easter weekend with my brother and his wife, my sister and her husband and my parents. My sister has never shot a pistol neither had my sister-in-law, after a safety lesson I allowed both to try out my Springfield 40XD SC and both loved it. Even my anti-gun sister-in-law is considering dumping the mace she carries and getting a similar handgun.

A 9mm or .40 would be worth looking into, the recoil is very controllable even in most SC models. Most are as accurate as you will be out to 25 yds.

IMO if you practice with a .22lr you will learn good basic pistol handling but when upgrading you may lose some of that because of the higher recoil of the larger centerfire round. Plus with the price of guns only increasing it might be wise to purchase the weapon you plan to use daily and ammo versus a plinker/trainer and then upgrading. What you would spend on the upgrade could be used for ammo which would allow more practice.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I say go for it...if the Tuaras is in your price range, and you seem to like it. Have you fired one yet though, and know how it fits your hand?

Yeah so what it may not be enough to fall a Bull Rhino at full charging speed....but up close and personal it can flat out ruin a MF'ers day for messing with the wrong (armed) woman. :D

eh my :twocents:

Top Bottom