• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I was in an out of there aan hour abd a half. that's the advantage of going early on Friday you do not have to deal with a pack building! I got 3 knives from Brad and knife lady. two bokers and a ZT. Also picked up some paracord And rope from one of the survival tables. stop by the INGO booth and talked to Que and hot pocket and bought an iNGO shirt.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got some boolits (.308 and .311) so I can start reloading for some of my rifles, got a new "universal" holster, 200 rounds of Lake City 7.62 NATO (a little higher than I would have liked, but they came in an ammo can and are reloadable, so I took that into account), a new long-sleeved INGO shirt :ingo:, and a dental pick that hopefully will make working on my M1 carbine bolt a little easier. Saw some decent prices on primers ($29.95/1000) and I'm kind of kicking myself that I didn't pick up another box of large rifle just to have, but the 1000 I have on hand will last me awhile.

Last edited:

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Picked up a couple small cans of dehydrated food to try out, a couple thousand CCI small rifle primers ( best price I found was 30 bucks in the back), and a couple of chamber flags. Not a bad show. They changed it around a little bit, dont forget the back room area.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I as there from 1:30pm (at least the line wasn't as bad as the previous ones) to 6pm. I bought absolutely nothing. Ammo prices were about the same I could get at retail or higher than retail. Major ripoff. I went to Dick's and they were fully stocked with lower prices. Gander is cheaper too. I don't care about antiques or used firearms. The only thing I was actually haggling for was the RAAC MKA 1919-xn. We were $96 in difference so I walked away - had cash in hand too. I can get it cheaper online at Cheaperthandirt.

I did see the INGO booth and wished I said hi but I'm still a noob...just a speck of dirt. I also saw AA Optics. I saw ZX Guns and PSS and other dealers. I won't say which ones were WAY overpriced. Overall, it was a good experience and I think I'm finally done with my assessment on the entire gun show thing. It's really not worth it. I think I will stick with online and perhaps deal with a few of the locals ones here that I have already done business with. Going to today's show made me realize which ones not to even bother visiting in the future. At least there were some eye candy...:laugh:

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    I as there from 1:30pm (at least the line wasn't as bad as the previous ones) to 6pm. I bought absolutely nothing. Ammo prices were about the same I could get at retail or higher than retail. Major ripoff. I went to Dick's and they were fully stocked with lower prices. Gander is cheaper too. I don't care about antiques or used firearms. The only thing I was actually haggling for was the RAAC MKA 1919-xn. We were $96 in difference so I walked away - had cash in hand too. I can get it cheaper online at Cheaperthandirt.

I did see the INGO booth and wished I said hi but I'm still a noob...just a speck of dirt. I also saw AA Optics. I saw ZX Guns and PSS and other dealers. I won't say which ones were WAY overpriced. Overall, it was a good experience and I think I'm finally done with my assessment on the entire gun show thing. It's really not worth it. I think I will stick with online and perhaps deal with a few of the locals ones here that I have already done business with. Going to today's show made me realize which ones not to even bother visiting in the future. At least there were some eye candy...:laugh:

Dick's and CTD are still cool to do business with, but the 1500 is bush league. Is that what you are saying?

indychad

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    May 6, 2009
    Brown Co.
    Walked right in and went to see Jeff over at Johnson Safe and ordered one....finely ! Picked up a knife from the knife lady and a hat from the INGO booth. Got a few other items but I'll keep those to myself. This was the best show I have been to for awhile, but I knew what I was looking for and didn't mess around. Sorry I missed Que.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    "The only thing I was actually haggling for was the RAAC MKA 1919-xn. We were $96 in difference so I walked away - had cash in hand too. I can get it cheaper online at Cheaperthandirt."

This is the old model. The company split and one of the owners has a new company that makes the BR99, with improvements like a full rail and removable carrying handle. Any dealer you deal with simply needs to contact AGS Armamanet for dealer pricing and they may have come close to the price that cheap than crap would have for an improved gun. Plus, they would have access to the 10 round magazines.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Walked right in and went to see Jeff over at Johnson Safe and ordered one....finely ! Picked up a knife from the knife lady and a hat from the INGO booth. Got a few other items but I'll keep those to myself. This was the best show I have been to for awhile, but I knew what I was looking for and didn't mess around. Sorry I missed Que.

Whats the wait for on a safe??? I ordered at the last show and I believe he said end of Jan. My father is planning on ordering one tommorow.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yes, I saw the BR99 online but didn't see any at the show. The price on the BR99 is actually higher. The XN is the newer model from the regular 1919. I saw three dealers that were selling it and the other two had it way overpriced. I had a feeling the two shotguns were "related". The only thing I got from checking out the BR99 is they strengthened the polymer receiver. This is the only thing that made me hesitant in buying either of them. Still, watching the power of a semi rattling off those shells on YouTube...if I only had the money to afford wasting the shells. It's like buying a luxury car but can't afford the premium gas.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Dick's and CTD are still cool to do business with, but the 1500 is bush league. Is that what you are saying?

Hi Roland, I'm not sure what you mean but I want to make clear I am NOT knocking the 1500 or any gun shows for that matter. The show was great (hey, I stayed there for over 4+ hours). I was just disappointed in the prices. I know they need to make money, but c'mon...with smartphones and easy access to check prices, I wouldn't mind paying a little over but fool me twice...

I'm not into reloads, antiques, jewelry, collectibles, used stuff, clothing, knives (but I did like looking at them :):), memorabilia, private collections, etc. I just want to see new in box beautiful guns!

Someone mentioned the Johnson safe and I have to say, those safes has got to be one of the best things I've seen. Talk about solid! I wish I could afford one let alone have space for one.

seamonster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2013
    I was there for a few hours Friday but didnt buy much. A couple magazines for my which were way over priced but pretty hard to get so I picked up a few. One dealer had them for 10.00 over retail and the dealer next to him had them 60.00 over retail. I was shocked. Oh well, I knew what was up before I went. Probably wont go to another as I can get pretty much everything I need without the show. Did spend some quality time with my father and that is priceless.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Debating on going to the 1500 tommorrow & was wondering did anyone happen to notice any 1st 2nd or 3rd gen Smith & Wesson autos at a decent price ( 300 or so) 9mm like a 5906 is on my wish list or whatever

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    Not in that price range, and about every one I saw was .40 or .45. I was on the hunt for a 3913 and there wasn't a single one.
    I didn't check exact prices, but pickings were very thin on the old S&W autos. Not worth the drive from Ft Wayne.

The only things I picked up were an ammo can and a lock pick set.

Top Bottom