What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I liked it. It's hard to describe how dumb it is while still being entertaining. They really went all out on the shock value during some scenes that I found hilarious (but probably not for most people on INGO).
    It is perfect for when I need some mindless entertaining.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I liked it. It's hard to describe how dumb it is while still being entertaining. They really went all out on the shock value during some scenes that I found hilarious (but probably not for most people on INGO).
    My wife and I tried it. It was a no go for her.

I assume the entire season is a short time frame where they are mostly still drunk?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Re-watched Hotel Mumbai on Amazon Prime.

Excellent dramatization of the 2008 terrorist attack on Mumbai, specifically the Taj Hotel. It’s fiction, not a documentary, but it tracks very closely to the actual events. Highly recommended.

In fact I recommend you read The Seige: 68 Hours Inside the Taj Hotel first. This is a very detailed, long, but very readable factual account of the attack on Mumbai, particularly in the hotel. It covers the background and preparation for the attack, the attacks themselves, and the aftermath. The movie is not directly based off this book, but since they tracked the same events, it’s a very good representation of what’s in the book, but focused only on the attack itself.

Movies often seem to shortchange the real thing, but this was an excellent production, and the book is an excellent history.

Movie

Book

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I just got Apple TV and have watched Monarch: Legacy of Monsters and Hijack. Both are actually quite good.

Highjack takes placed during a seven hour flight that is hijacked (duh). It's seven episodes and is basically the hijacking in real time. I thought they did a good job of it and it was far better than I expected.

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    Just finished "Murder as the End of the World" on Hulu. It had a little bit of climate change BS in it and a few other subtle moments of "The Message" but not too bad compared to most stuff released recently. It's worth a watch.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Anyone watched Suits on Netflix? Just started it. Pretty good so far. What brought it to my attention was the fact that it was the most streamed show of 2023. Partly because it has 134 episodes it was watched more hours than any other show.

Anyone watch it?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Anyone watched Suits on Netflix? Just started it. Pretty good so far. What brought it to my attention was the fact that it was the most streamed show of 2023. Partly because it has 134 episodes it was watched more hours than any other show.

Anyone watch it?
    My wife and I watched the entire series. We liked it. Like most shows the writers strayed from the original intent in my opinion and the last couple we more or less endured to see how it ended.

After that we watched Boston Legal. We liked that quite a bit better overall.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I have them on DVD if you would like! Just have to find a DVD player at an antique store.
    I just bought my wife a bedroom DVD player for her birthday a couple weeks ago. Our old DVD player was dying and would not play BlueRays. There was not a huge selection when I was shopping but enough to choose from.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Stalin croaked 71 years ago today on 05 MAR 53.

I’m going to celebrate by watching The Death of Stalin. Again. Excellent hysterical mocking of the commie bastards. Which I’m sure is why it was not made in Hollywood.

Prime has it for rent. The trailer is good but the movie is much much better for once. They don’t blow all of the best scenes in the trailer trying to prop it up.

Reactions: Ark
    Top Bottom