What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Trailer looked good. A lot of solid actors in it. I don't think I have ever seen a bad Duvall movie.
    Yes, that seems to be the case. Or at least he's good enough to make it worth watching. Anthony Hopkins is another. I will watch a movie just because he is in it. The movie itself sometimes turns out to not be so good, but Hopkins is always entertaining.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    It's a bit complicated to describe, first episode establishes all the major elements tho. Give it a try, it's currently running on ... HBO? Prime? I forget which, but new episode comes out on Sunday night.

ETA: Mare is a police detective, but for once they didn't make a wonderwoman you-go-girl struggling against all the mean boy cops. She's largely a screwed up @$$hole to everybody, not doing so well herself, which is a major plotline. The plotline tying everything together is she's looking for the murderer of a young girl, which may or may not be tied to some disappearances of other young girls, and possibly someone she knows or is related to may be the perpetrator(s).
    My wife and I started the series last night. Episode 1 was ok, but not really a "grabber". Started Episode 2 which gets you more into it, but we had to stop due to sleepiness...

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    My wife and I started the series last night. Episode 1 was ok, but not really a "grabber". Started Episode 2 which gets you more into it, but we had to stop due to sleepiness...
    Yes that's true. It gets more interesting as it goes along.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The Undoing with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant.
    The Undoing (TV Mini Series 2020) - IMDb

Hugh Grant usually acts too cutesy for my taste but it's OK in this case, since it adds to his (spoiler!) sociopathic character. And Nicole is just cute. :naughty:

Mare is whodunit among working people. The Undoing is whodunit among rich people. TU had a big surprise at end of Episode 6 (I think) that I watched last night. Whoa!

I think we're watching it on HBO Max, which I added awhile back. If not then it's on Prime.

The Undoing (TV Mini Series 2020) - IMDb

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Banshee on Hulu is along the same lines. Great show if you don't mind hot nekkid wimmen ! There's plenty of that kinda action.
    Oh Dear God....can' watch it now!!! :cool:
    I went ahead and started it without you. The pilot episode was pretty good. Decent actors and a lot of action. There are like 4 seasons to watch. How did this get missed until now?

FYI - Mare of Easttown really grows on you. Hang in there and you'll be waiting for the next episode like me.

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    If you have Britbox, Line of Duty Season 6 is now available. Unfortunately, they are only dropping one episode per week. No binging on Season 6, yet!

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    No spoilers please:)

Did anyone ever watch Absentia on Prime? Wife and I just watched the first episode and liked it. I heard it was cancelled after the third season, and I'm wondering if it had closure or if they just dropped it and left it hanging.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    No spoilers please:)

Did anyone ever watch Absentia on Prime? Wife and I just watched the first episode and liked it. I heard it was cancelled after the third season, and I'm wondering if it had closure or if they just dropped it and left it hanging.
    yes things get explained over the two seasons.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Just watched Collateral on Amazon Prime. Was much better than I expected. Couldn't tell from the thumbnail or the description that it has Jamie Foxx and Tom Cruise in it, was surprised when I started watching. Cruise plays the baddie in this one, does a good job, Foxx is good too, has the real lead role.

Note on the listing says it leaves Prime in 5 days, give it a whirl.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The only problem I had with Longmire is that they must have killed off half the population of Wyoming in that show lol

Top Bottom