What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    By "amazing", you must be "poop my pants scary".
    Oh gosh yes. Horrible to see what happened to so many. I was shocked the miners survived. Really interesting to see what caused it, and how it could have been prevented.

Sad but not shocking that people wanted their promotions, so we’re doing the test!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Oh gosh yes. Horrible to see what happened to so many. I was shocked the miners survived. Really interesting to see what caused it, and how it could have been prevented.

Sad but not shocking that people wanted their promotions, so we’re doing the test!
    Is it still only on HBO? I have been waiting to see it

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Somewhere around here we had a discussion about it.
    I can't remember where.
    Being an ex-navy-nuke, I understood perfectly what happened.
    And that's what scared me.

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    Just watched one I'd never heard of before. The folk story I know, about Beowulf slaying the 'monster' Grendel. There was an animated version of the story a few years back. THIS is an excellent flick.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    What is the premise or plotline of this?
    It's a bit complicated to describe, first episode establishes all the major elements tho. Give it a try, it's currently running on ... HBO? Prime? I forget which, but new episode comes out on Sunday night.

ETA: Mare is a police detective, but for once they didn't make a wonderwoman you-go-girl struggling against all the mean boy cops. She's largely a screwed up @$$hole to everybody, not doing so well herself, which is a major plotline. The plotline tying everything together is she's looking for the murderer of a young girl, which may or may not be tied to some disappearances of other young girls, and possibly someone she knows or is related to may be the perpetrator(s).

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Just watched Get Low with Robert Duvall, Sissy Spacek, Bill Murray, over the weekend.
    Get Low (2009) - IMDb

Well worth watching. Couple golden quotes in it:

Quinn (Murray as the funeral director Quinn) buying Felix (Duvall as the hillbilly hermit) a new suit: "How you fixed for underwear?"
    Hermit: "Don't wear any."
    Quinn: "One question too many."

Quinn explaining to his assistant the how hard he had to work in his earlier life:
    "[In Chicago] I sold 26 of the ugliest cars in the middle of December with the wind blowing so far up my ass I was farting snowflakes into July."

Serious movie, but some nice light touches.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just watched Get Low with Robert Duvall, Sissy Spacek, Bill Murray, over the weekend.
    Get Low (2009) - IMDb

Well worth watching. Couple golden quotes in it:

Quinn (Murray as the funeral director Quinn) buying Felix (Duvall as the hillbilly hermit) a new suit: "How you fixed for underwear?"
    Hermit: "Don't wear any."
    Quinn: "One question too many."

Quinn explaining to his assistant the how hard he had to work in his earlier life:
    "[In Chicago] I sold 26 of the ugliest cars in the middle of December with the wind blowing so far up my ass I was farting snowflakes into July."

Serious movie, but some nice light touches.
    Trailer looked good. A lot of solid actors in it. I don't think I have ever seen a bad Duvall movie.

Top Bottom