What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Keeping this thread alive by a celebration with a friend who paid off his home. He bought a box of Fuente Lost City and a bottle of Orphan Barrel Fable and Folly. The Yellowstone single malt was a good one and a bargain compared to the Fable and Folly.

GridArt_20230427_082026454.jpg

Morgan12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2023
    Illinois
    I’m not a huge cigar guy and not a snob by anymeans. Twice a year I do get an Acid Blonde though. I really enjoy those for some reason.

I do love pipes though supply around me is very limited and I usually just use a cheap corncob pipe and caption black or a vanilla.

Awhile back I found a big pouch of some generic vanilla pipe tobacco I forgot about. I can’t hardly smoke anymore but I was going out to work the bees. I plopped some of that stuff in my bee smoker and man it smelt sooo good. I’m not sure how it effected the bees though?

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    It is a Dunbarton Sobremesa Brulee. It was fantastic! Here are my recommendations if you like milder cigars:

- Dunbarton Sobremesa Brulee (Or the rarer Brulee Blue)
    - Perdomo 10th anniversary Champaign
    - Oliva Connecticut
    - Kristoff Connecticut

And if you want a special occasion, but out of those world cigar (and you will pay for it):

-Atabey (any of sizes are all great but I like the Brujos and Ritos a lot)
    -Alfonso

Finally ordered a few of them. Will get the Dunbarton, Atabey and Alfonso eventually. Thanks for the recommendation.

Screenshot_20230508_102211_Chrome.jpg

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    In the patriotic mood this morning thinking about July already. Any patriotic smokes? Yes I know they are all from somewhere else I mean like a cool box / wrapper something? I saw east coast rollers with the liberty bell

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    In the patriotic mood this morning thinking about July already. Any patriotic smokes? Yes I know they are all from somewhere else I mean like a cool box / wrapper something? I saw east coast rollers with the liberty bell
    CAO America, it’s a really good stick!

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    CAO America, it’s a really good stick!

Thanks will get ahold of some of those to give them a go. They can’t be the only ones? Kentucky fire cured has a couple also.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Thanks will get ahold of some of those to give them a go. They can’t be the only ones? Kentucky fire cured has a couple also.
    Off the top of my head BrickHouse has a nice Connecticut with an American flag on the wrapper, other than that I’m drawing a blank, but I haven’t been in a smoke shop for months

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    J.C. Newman's "The American" expensive and hard to find but a good cigar. Supposedly everything about it, from cigar contents, the box, labels, etc are made is USA. If true, explains the cost!

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    J.C. Newman's "The American" expensive and hard to find but a good cigar. Supposedly everything about it, from cigar contents, the box, labels, etc are made is USA. If true, explains the cost!
    Thanks I will look into that one also

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Picked up one of these today:

A92F0D12-3294-4049-8E05-37FF6F32BA90.jpeg

Knuckle Sandwich Maduro.

It is surprisingly good....has a unique spice/ pepper taste.

It's a bit overpriced though....I guess they are trying to pay for the marketing of the chef with the dork bleached /spiked hair.

Good special occasion cigar though.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County

View attachment 276711

Knuckle Sandwich Maduro.

It's a bit overpriced though....I guess they are trying to pay for the marketing of the chef with the dork bleached /spiked hair.

Lol I can't buy it because he is associated. He is annoying.

xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.

View attachment 276711

Knuckle Sandwich Maduro.

Thanks for posting. I didn't know this existed. How does it compare with other maduros?

The wife and I went to his restaurant in Santa Rosa and it was also surprisingly good.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Thanks for posting. I didn't know this existed. How does it compare with other maduros?

The wife and I went to his restaurant in Santa Rosa and it was also surprisingly good.

I am far from an expert on matters concerning food and cigars.

Not much the fan of this guy's public persona....might be a great guy...don't know him.

This cigar is good and a bit different. It is definitely over priced.

I always appreciate a Padron 7000 Maduro.

xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    Yeah, I'm far from a connoisseur, but know what I like. Today before the rain I got a couple in.
    IMG_1931.jpg

Went with Montecristo Perlado and Platinum. I got them on sale because I wouldn't pay full price.
    I normally go with some kind of Torano. Decent for the price.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Expecting an evening of down time, so it's a LFD Double Ligero Digger and some Irish whiskey and a copy bird hunting edition of Gray's Sporting Journal by the fire pit.

53A705AF-D6D9-46F3-890D-92DE58D2C4B7.jpeg

Classify these as good times.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    I searched but didn't see a patriotic kfc. Just fired up a kfc swamp thang to watch the UFC fights from last night in the Mancave.

Attachments

• PXL_20230521_175355420_exported_1701_1684691778362~2.jpg
      PXL_20230521_175355420_exported_1701_1684691778362~2.jpg
      594.8 KB · Views: 3

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    View attachment 278606
    Gladiator, cigar, old fashioned, vigilant Dane. Weiner tattoo, all enjoying the weather.
    I would like to mention that I have ran several bottle of bourbon through the glass I got from my info secret Santa. Old Forester has pushed the info members name out of my head but I'm super grateful to him.

It's my go to glass.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    A large ring size Arturo Fuente cigar and Balvene Double Cask 12 year single malt scotch and a rocking chair after dinner on a holiday evening.
    Heaven on earth!

Top Bottom