Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    behebook.jpg

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I'm re-reading "Citizen Soldiers" by Stephen Ambrose.

I'm almost done, and will probably re-read a Jeff Cooper book next. I'm going to the Gunsite 150 class in Lebanon in just over a week, and I always try to read something of his before a class there.
    Just to get the mind right, you know?

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Just finished for the second time Eragon by Christopher Paolini, to be closely followed by Eldest (also for the second time) in preparation for the release of Brisingr, which comes out in September. :)

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'm reading "Lone Survivor"

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Survivor-Eyewitness-Account-Operation/dp/0316067598"]Amazon.com: Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10: Marcus Luttrell,Patrick Robinson: Books[/ame]

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    I just finished rereading The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand and I'm about to start rereading Atlas Shrugged, also by Rand. After that it will be Rand's Objectivist Philosophy. I don't know why but I seem to be on an Ayn Rand kick lately:dunno:.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I just finished rereading The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand and I'm about to start rereading Atlas Shrugged, also by Rand. After that it will be Rand's Objectivist Philosophy. I don't know why but I seem to be on an Ayn Rand kick lately:dunno:.

You need a shovel to get through that treacle? Ugh...I can only take so much Ayn Rand. I don't necessarily disagree with her philosophies (I don't necessarily agree with them, either), I just can't take her writing style.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    Believe me, after wading through some of the crap (*cough* Nietzche, Marx, etc. *cough*) I had to read in college, she isn't that bad. Of course it helps that I agree with many (but not all) of her viewpoints.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    I just got the new Ron Paul book in the mail, It seems promising.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Manifesto-Ron-Paul/dp/0446537519/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1210292417&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: The Revolution: A Manifesto: Ron Paul: Books[/ame]

It's also gonna be sharing time with Stephen King's The Gunslinger.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Generation Kill -- Rolling Stone reporter embeded with unit during the 2003 Iraq invasion. I read almost every book I can get my hands on about the military and the war in iraq.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy

The Fountainhead is a good book. Atlas Shrugged is a great book. One of the best I've ever read in fact. It's funny how, even many decades later, it still is very accurate in predicting current events.

Top Bottom