Wendy's announces Uber-like surge pricing model…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It was just a thought man. Sheesh. My bad.

View attachment 336285
    Sorry. That was rather brutal.
    Maybe we are looking at the wrong supply/demand component. What if the scarcity is labor? if you eat lunch at 12:30 pm you pay more than at 3:30 pm? Just trying to think through why they might do this.
    Stop trying to make LOGICAL sense of it.

The only thing that makes any sense to me is that I think they are hoping others like CP notice other TOTALLY unrelated industries do it and accept it without actually thinking it through. This happens a LOT in society.

Like I mentioned the tipping fast food counter-only workers. They saw the full service workers getting tips FOR GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND SELF SERVICE and failed to understand WHY those folks got the tips for FULL service; the tips are for bringing the food, refilling your drink, etc. Nobody at McDonalds ever came around to ask if I wanted them to take my cup to the fountain and refill it for me, bring me ketchup, etc. Why should I tip them then?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Maybe we are looking at the wrong supply/demand component. What if the scarcity is labor? if you eat lunch at 12:30 pm you pay more than at 3:30 pm? Just trying to think through why they might do this.

If that were the case, there would be no need for 'surge pricing' and 'AI enabled menu changes.' They would just do what various sit down restaurants have done for years, a lunch menu and a dinner menu. Since beef isn't subject to blue laws, they could do hamburger happy hours and advertise lower prices between 3p and 5p to attempt to drive more foot traffic.

This is one of two things, IMO:

1) A headline grab for free publicity with no expectation of implementing it

2) Somebody with an MBA thought "AI is sooo hot right now, how can Wendy's get in on that?" and nobody from marketing was there to strangle zem.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I agree with the comment(s) about Wendy’s going down hill since Dave left the scene. The one in Mitchell…I’m not sure why that district manager hasn’t been fired yet.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Hell, they've got us taking our own orders for them; how long will it be before we're building our own burgers? I'd be more interested to see how long before they install burger building robots.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Possibly reflects minimum wages? High traffic times requires more staffing, increase costs. I bet if the minimum wages hit $50like the crazy california lady wants, you may even see $100 Big Macs!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Spoiler: They've been playing on the fly price games since the electronic menu.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hell, they've got us taking our own orders for them; how long will it be before we're building our own burgers? I'd be more interested to see how long before they install burger building robots.

The tech is out there, it's just to expensive to be put in mass use.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    This stuff is really, really getting ridiculous. The idiots that run these companies must really stay up at night thinking of new and ingenious ways of screwing up their business operations.
    Amazing! :ugh:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I'm sure somebody got paid for a comprehensive study on the mathematical probabilities of people, with limited time for lunch, getting to the restaurant, waiting in line, hearing the price of the meal that they thought they wanted, looking at their watch, and deciding the price is too high, and actually leaving.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    So the local steak and shake closed
    The McDonald's shake machine is constantly out of service.

And now I don't know if Wendy frosty will be 2.50 or 5 dollars.

Sounds like the blender will get a workout this summer. Maybe I develop a frozen version of the White Russian in shake format and then I can't drive anyway to get food.

My fast food budget is near zero anyway but I do like a good frozen shake in the summer.

Top Bottom