Wendy's announces Uber-like surge pricing model…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I actually got McD's tonight for me, my wife, and 2 boys. Even with 20% off, it was still $37 for 4 people. And my wife only got a cheeseburger and small fries.
    McD’s makes their money off restaurants, not food. They won’t care till restaurants start closing, By then us gov/black rock will own them.

R3p1lc3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2024
    English
    Honestly were all just better off abstaining. only thing any of them have to offer that is any good for you is meat.. and that's pretty iffy at this point. Everything else they are pushing is just diabetes, Alzheimer's, and cancer.
    And they just want to charge you more when they are too busy to spread disease fast enough?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I actually got McD's tonight for me, my wife, and 2 boys. Even with 20% off, it was still $37 for 4 people. And my wife only got a cheeseburger and small fries.
    Damn. We're about $25ish, but the wife doesn't get a drink and our boys are still getting happy meals.

McD’s makes their money off restaurants, not food. They won’t care till restaurants start closing, By then us gov/black rock will own them.
    Don't kid yourself, franchisee profitability is still important. If they aren't making money and/or happy... look out.

Haven't McD franchisees sued the franchisor (McD) recently? Hmm...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I didn’t like Wendy’s when Dave was still alive, the only thing worth eating there are the Frosty’s, chocolate, of course, vanilla is a waste of taste buds…

Of all the fast food salads, Wendy's did the best by far. I don't really care for anything else there that much, including the Frosty of any flavor, but their Harvest Chicken Salad was one of my favorite salads from anywhere at any price point. Looks like they don't offer it any longer, though.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I didn’t like Wendy’s when Dave was still alive, the only thing worth eating there are the Frosty’s, chocolate, of course, vanilla is a waste of taste buds…

9mm is better than .45.

I know my frosty statement will illicit the same debate as 9 vs .45
    No debate here! The chocolate frosty is the only thing i like from there. I will eat the spicy chicken sandwich if im hungry and thats where everyone wants to eat, but usually i just get a frosty.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Hotels have been doing this for years. Jacking up the prices on weekends and high volume/priority days.

Somehow we all just deal with that crap. :dunno:

That's just supply and demand and you know before you book.

Not really comparable to getting in a drive thru line and having no idea what the price is going to be. You going to pull up to the speaker, get an estimate, then decide if you want to complete the order or not? How pissed are you going to be if your buddy ahead of you gets the same meal for $8.50 but triggers surge pricing and yours is $12? :lmfao:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hotels have been doing this for years. Jacking up the prices on weekends and high volume/priority days.

Somehow we all just deal with that crap. :dunno:
    You cant be serious? Do you understand basic economics? Thats an apples and oranges comparison.

Uber and hotel demand pricing is driven by scarcity. There is more demand for a limited amount of product in those time frames. There are only so many rooms and cars. There is no scarcity of product to justify Wendys' move.

Wendys isnt running out of hamburgers during surge times. And they arent charging you based on the number of seats available in the dining room. So no, this is a bullsh** comparison because there is no supply and demand issue to justify the price increase. The only difference is the workers are working harder during those surges. And you know damn good and well those kids arent getting paid more during the surge.

This is just a weak sauce money grab.

EDIT: And I thought fast food credit card terminals asking for tips was ridiculous.

Last edited:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    You cant be serious? Do you understand basic economics? Thats an apples and oranges comparison.

Uber and hotel demand pricing is driven by scarcity. There is more demand for a limited amount of product in those time frames. There are only so many rooms and cars. There is no scarcity of product to justify Wendys' move.

Wendys isnt running out of hamburgers during surge times. And they arent charging you based on the number of seats available in the dining room. So no, this is a bullsh** comparison because there is no supply and demand issue to justify the price increase. The only difference is the workers are working harder during those surges. And you know damn good and well those kids arent getting paid more during the surge.

This is just a weak sauce money grab.

EDIT: And I thought fast food credit card terminals asking for tips was ridiculous.

It was just a thought man. Sheesh. My bad.

12AB5553-55E5-430B-90C9-2B36C187C56D.gif

Top Bottom