• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I am not disputing that there may have been some financial shenanigans, but I would not believe the NY AG or a NY judge if they told me water was wet.
    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. LaPierre is a crook. NRA is portraying itself as a "victim" of him in court, even as they talk out the other side of their mouth and congratulate him elsewhere.

The question now is - does the NRA remain corrupt without WLP? All indications are "Yes."

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Finally. Wayne is out. It is about time.

Maybe I should resign up now? I did not know that turd finally got ran out of town. He was the reason I dropped my membership.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I am not disputing that there may have been some financial shenanigans, but I would not believe the NY AG or a NY judge if they told me water was wet.
    Some of the same folks that see the NY legal war against Trump cannot see the same against the NRA. They believe the accusations levied by leftists hook line and sinker.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Some of the same folks that see the NY legal war against Trump cannot see the same against the NRA. They believe the accusations levied by leftists hook line and sinker.
    So you admit Trump has misused my money.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    (This comment is for voting members of the NRA.)
    Keep in mind we have board members who have been elected post-2019 debacle. Indiana Senator Jim Tomes is on the ballot. Not voting for all the incumbents isn't always a good approach.

I spoke with an NRA Board member (also post 2019-debacle/not on the ballot) yesterday. Lets just say they are working on it. The Compliance Officer position will be a very good step with the independence the position will hold.

(This is for everyone)
    I spent the last 2 days in a very small area with a longtime NRA-ILA employee who I've known for 6 years. I'll share one of his concerns. The members who left because of WLP... will they return or become the "not until they change the board to XX members" crowd. Then the "HEY! I wanted XX members, the hats are made in Vietnam, and I don't want to get stuff in the mail...RABBLE RABBLE!!" crowd. (OK I added rabble rabble.)

For what it's worth, everyone in the NRA/NRA-ILA booth agreed: 76 is a very big number.

My NRA-ILA POC always asks about INGO. Are they up on this? Is there discussion about that? Is moderating a gun owners discussion forum really like herding cats? (OK, I made that one up.) I'm guessing it's because we're a pretty good measure of guns owners in this part of the country.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    (This comment is for voting members of the NRA.)
    Keep in mind we have board members who have been elected post-2019 debacle. Indiana Senator Jim Tomes is on the ballot. Not voting for all the incumbents isn't always a good approach.

I spoke with an NRA Board member (also post 2019-debacle/not on the ballot) yesterday. Lets just say they are working on it. The Compliance Officer position will be a very good step with the independence the position will hold.

(This is for everyone)
    I spent the last 2 days in a very small area with a longtime NRA-ILA employee who I've known for 6 years. I'll share one of his concerns. The members who left because of WLP... will they return or become the "not until they change the board to XX members" crowd. Then the "HEY! I wanted XX members, the hats are made in Vietnam, and I don't want to get stuff in the mail...RABBLE RABBLE!!" crowd. (OK I added rabble rabble.)

For what it's worth, everyone in the NRA/NRA-ILA booth agreed: 76 is a very big number.

My NRA-ILA POC always asks about INGO. Are they up on this? Is there discussion about that? Is moderating a gun owners discussion forum really like herding cats? (OK, I made that one up.) I'm guessing it's because we're a pretty good measure of guns owners in this part of the country.
    Are you saying that Jim Tomes is one of the people to straighten out the NRA? Is there some place that we voting NRA members can get some bare facts about who would have the interests of the membership above selfish desires? With the internet, it would seem that there would be an NRA watch dog group that would try to get the truth out, instead, it seems as though the top has circled the wagons and kept the membership in the dark. I'm one who thinks that the NRA is an organization worth saving and strengthening after making some drastic changes to how the organization is run and how the money is spent.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The board of the NRA needs to be reconstituted and they have to be committed 100% to reformation of the organization. They must appoint a CFO who watches and scrutinizes the finances. They need to retain competent outside counsel to be a watchdog. Members will comeback if they see the NRA is on the way back to its core values and mission. Being a Lifetime Benefactor Member I never left the NRA and sincerely hope these reforms are put in place immediately.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Are you saying that Jim Tomes is one of the people to straighten out the NRA?
    I'm saying Jim Tomes came on the board post-2019, and that he has been an outstanding 2A supporter since joining the Indiana Senate. His first bill became Indiana's preemption statute and he was on point in the fight for Constitutional Carry.

Is there some place that we voting NRA members can get some bare facts about who would have the interests of the membership above selfish desires?

Whose facts?

With the internet, it would seem that there would be an NRA watch dog group that would try to get the truth out, instead, it seems as though the top has circled the wagons and kept the membership in the dark.
    Make sure it's not NY AG, NAGR, Mad Moms, Everytown, anything fronted by Soros...

I'm one who thinks that the NRA is an organization worth saving and strengthening after making some drastic changes to how the organization is run and how the money is spent.
    No argument here.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'm saying Jim Tomes came on the board post-2019, and that he has been an outstanding 2A supporter since joining the Indiana Senate. His first bill became Indiana's preemption statute and he was on point in the fight for Constitutional Carry.

Whose facts?

Make sure it's not NY AG, NAGR, Mad Moms, Everytown, anything fronted by Soros...

No argument here.
    So basically voting members of the NRA are just going to play pin the tail on the donkey and hope that the leadership gets things straightened out?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Is there anything about the conduct, both financially and otherwise from sources not in your list and not a participants in trying to take over the organization? I know of none. If anyone has knowledge of information from neutral sources without an axe to grind I’d like to see it…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have yet to read any independent reliable source that disputes the kind of abusive spending by Wayne et al, nor even a significant challenge of the amounts

I certainly do not take the word of the NY criminal prosecution apparatus at face value but I am not hearing any credible defense of the alleged abuses, either. The idea that an effective lobbyist for our cause needs bespoke suits to be effective is ludicrous, ditto for travel by private jet aircraft and vacationing at luxury destinations on the organizations dime. Given a rational size for an 'entourage' it is hard to conceive of the need for a $20000 junket to the Bahamas let alone six $60000+ ones. Even if a week long for 6 people, that is over $1400 per day per person

Considering that the NRA was and is still supposed to be an organization representing regular people, for whom their membership dues are at least a noticeable expense if not a significant one, assaying to live like a king off of the little people is a kick in the teeth - especially while delivering an uninspiring list of the personal accomplishments that would argue that the excesses of he and his sycophants are somehow necessary

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have yet to read any independent reliable source that disputes the kind of abusive spending by Wayne et al, nor even a significant challenge of the amounts

I certainly do not take the word of the NY criminal prosecution apparatus at first value but I am not hearing any credible defense of the alleged abuses, either. The idea that an effective lobbyist for our cause needs bespoke suits to be effective is ludicrous, ditto for travel by private jet aircraft and vacationing at luxury destinations on the organizations dime. Given a rational size for an 'entourage' it is hard to conceive of the need for a $20000 junket to the Bahamas let alone six $60000+ ones. Even if a week long for 6 people, that is over $1400 per day per person

Considering that the NRA was and is still supposed to be an organization representing regular people, for whom their membership dues are at least a noticeable expense if not a significant one, assaying to live like a king off of the little people is a kick in the teeth - especially while delivering an uninspiring list of the personal accomplishments that would argue that the excesses of he and his sycophants are somehow necessary
    You are making a lot of assumptions in this. Do you really think they wold waltz into federal court to make a defense by declaring that senator so and so, representatives frick and frack, along with judge no case were all on a junket? Which one sounds more plausible WLP took his niece or unnamed politicians?

I believe WLP a swamp creature, the type the good guys need to battle the bad guys on a level playing field. The need for such will not go away with the departure of WLP…

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom