• Status
    Not open for further replies.

indymike12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    martinsville
    Finally. Wayne is out. It is about time.

Yes, glad he's gone too. I've been withholding donations for the same reason as many others. But now I'm hearing rumors there is a movement to reinstall the same corrupt individuals. I also think the board is far too large and heavily infiltrated with financial leaches to move forward. The NRA needs to be broomed, boomed and regroomed.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yes, glad he's gone too. I've been withholding donations for the same reason as many others. But now I'm hearing rumors there is a movement to reinstall the same corrupt individuals. I also think the board is far too large and heavily infiltrated with financial leaches to move forward. The NRA needs to be broomed, boomed and regroomed.
    Who are you hearing that from?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Could anyone please show me an example, a single example, of a nonprofit situation where the members withheld funding for the organization and the BOD fell to their knees and did what the withholders wanted and became a squeak clean successful organization?

I suspect there are few if any. I also suspect this tactic has killed many organizations or, if they still exist, made them just a shadow of what they once were…

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Could anyone please show me an example, a single example, of a nonprofit situation where the members withheld funding for the organization and the BOD fell to their knees and did what the withholders wanted and became a squeak clean successful organization?

I suspect there are few if any. I also suspect this tactic has killed many organizations or, if they still exist, made them just a shadow of what they once were…
    Well. But. Uhhh. THAT DON'T MATTER. I'M BUTT-HURT AND I'M A GONNA SHOWEM.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not sure that many non-profits have 'members'. I do recall wounded warrior project getting a lot of pushback from contributors about throwing lush black-tie parties for themselves and donors with moneys that could be better spent on the mission. Donations dropped way off and I believe some management walked the plank and the rest saw the light. I believe the advent of internet sources that rate charitable organizations on percentage of revenues spent on organization expenses likely exercises a certain amount of restraint as well as enables potential donors to just not engage the sketchy ones. Transparency has a way of doing that

NRA is unrated by Charity Navigator

NRA cut core mission programs so they could maintain other expenses

John Trap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2022
    Chicagoland
    Now his brain is shrinking, and he has to limit his testimony...

Wayne LaPierre's brain is shrinking, and he is too ill to commit to all-day testimony in his NRA corruption trial, new court filing says​

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

Wayne LaPierre's brain is shrinking, and he is too ill to commit to all-day testimony in his NRA corruption trial, new court filing says​

Seems like a lot of executives and political leaders have this problem

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Visions of when Harlon Carter was at the reins. Same kinda' corruption and bs. Maybe we should vote for "term limits" for the NRA as well.
    Term limits can be a double edge sword. When one works hard, knows how to lead, gets things done and then the new people screw it it all up, one can thank term limits. Then again, term limits, can pave the way for good people to fix it, if it’s not too late.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Term limits can be a double edge sword. When one works hard, knows how to lead, gets things done and then the new people screw it it all up, one can thank term limits. Then again, term limits, can pave the way for good people to fix it, if it’s not too late.
    Term limits would be easier in a corporation than in the government. The Senate is starting to look like terms are only limited by death.

Back to the subject at hand: how did there come to be 76 board members? Is it recent or was President (both US and NRA) Grant involved? Is it designed this way to keep a Soros-funded bunch of a-holes from taking over?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I believe it was sometime after this and in response to it

but information on the size and composition of the board is pretty thin so I can't nail it down precisely. It doesn't shock me that information about the board would be closely held even if half of them weren't profiteering snakes given the animosity towards RKBA

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

From the link - here's what money for good legal defense buys you:

"...LaPierre "struggles with copious physical and mental conditions, such as cognitive dysfunction, enervation/fatigue, painful/blurry eyes (resulting from cognitive impairments and engender brain-eye dissonance), dyssomnia, myalgias, dysautonomia (postural orthostasis), mononeuritis multiplex, dermatitis, and headaches," according to a second doctor, Rachel Markey, whose January 3 letter to Cotton was also included in the new filing..."

(No word about erections lasting longer than 4 hours)

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I’m a lifetime benefactor NRA member and have been for many years. It is most unfortunate that WLP and his Lieutenants lost their way and screwed up the NRA over the past several years. Notwithstanding that fact, one should respect the fact that over the decades the NRA did lead the fight for 2A rights. Now, hopefully, the NRA will learn from this debacle, reorganize itself back to its roots and move forward defending the 2A with renewed vigor. All of us who enjoy our 2A rights should hope that this will be the end result of WLP’s departure.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Over the years under WLP, the NRA went from being an effective organization and transitioned to the practices of Pournelle's "Iron Law of Bureaucracy"

"In any bureaucracy, the people devoted to the benefit of the bureaucracy itself always get in control and those dedicated to the goals that the bureaucracy is supposed to accomplish have less and less influence, and sometimes are eliminated entirely."

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    This video just posted on YouTube by Jared Yanis (Guns and Gadgets) who is at Shot Show 2024 -- regarding a letter sent out by NRA Board Member Owen "Buz" Mills. Jared reads the letter.

:popcorn: (as I await the comments regarding this)

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Donald Trump Jr.? Seriously? Yeah, No. Big no. The Trump family is hauling around too much baggage these days...
    I agree that his name carries too much baggage and would be a magnet for further lawfare from various state atty generals.

It would be good if the NRA did a complete reorg and moved it's HQ to Indy or near Camp Perry, OH. They can leave a small lobby group near D.C. There are too many greedy influences near the current HQ and not enough oversight by the membership.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom