• Status
    Not open for further replies.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Where is 2A money better spent, in the courts or lobbying?

On one hand, lobbying dollars can grease the wheels, making court fights less likely.
    But it's just a matter of time where an opposition group ponies up even more cash, making the court fights inevitable.
    Does the Constitution even matter anymore or is it those that have the deepest pockets?
    One on one, kitchen table conversations change minds slowly, as mass media blasts their messages out 24/7.
    Is the hole in this Titanic just too large to be fixed in any reasonable time frame?

Last edited:

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    It may be too late. Under his watch the NRA committed several grievous sins a not for profit should never do. I would not be surprised if NY torpedoes the group anyway.

It is a political prosecution. I've read the briefs, and everything NY is pursuing is legitimate. If the NRA were a client of mind I'd have fired them for what they did.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Where is 2A money better spent, in the courts or lobbying?

Lobbying is action. Court battles are reaction.

Pretty obvious the correct direction here?

Before a lot of "our own" membership neutered the NRA, even Dems in blue states feared the NRA. Dems were very very carefully to tiptoe around running on and voting for antigun legislation, knowing the NRA would publicize it and kill their chances of reelection.

Since the neutering of the NRA, Dems now boldly use the NRA as election narrative. A lot of us pray we can get back to where we once were...

:nono:

Last edited:

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Lobbying is action. Court battles are reaction.

Pretty obvious the correct direction here?

Before a lot of "our own" membership neutered the NRA, even Dems in blue states feared the NRA. Dems were very very carefully to tiptoe around running on and voting for antigun legislation, knowing the NRA would publicize it and kill their chances of reelection.

Since the neutering of the NRA, Dems now boldly use the NRA as election narrative. A lot of us pray we can get back to where we once were...

:nono:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No. We remember this betrayal literally forever, and criticize them until they make it impossible to happen again. Charlton Heston is dead. Get your heads out of the ground.

The Bylaws need to be ironclad against another fiefdom like this one being created. Then, and only then, does the criticism stop.
    I wouldn't mind if they clawed back the $17 million, either. It would show me the next CEO is serious

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    While I agree with your take on the active vs. reactive and the need to be mostly legislative preemptive, I look at the allegations of the corruption and blatant disregard of the spending by Wayne as him thumbing his nose at the membership. No not for profit should be paying the salaries and excessive perks as what has been described.

I was one of the ones who dropped my membership with the thought that if this is what they feel they need to spend our money on maybe they don't need my money.

Hopefully things will change, and I will be sending my membership money in and seeing how it works out. I'm at least willing to give them a chance.

This was a reply to bwframes post 107 above.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    While I agree with your take on the active vs. reactive and the need to be mostly legislative preemptive, I look at the allegations of the corruption and blatant disregard of the spending by Wayne as him thumbing his nose at the membership. No not for profit should be paying the salaries and excessive perks as what has been described.

I was one of the ones who dropped my membership with the thought that if this is what they feel they need to spend our money on maybe they don't need my money.

Hopefully things will change, and I will be sending my membership money in and seeing how it works out. I'm at least willing to give them a chance.

No doubt. The only reason he needs THAT high of a suit budgetevery year is if he is wearing out the knees.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Hopefully we will have a new Executive VP/CEO who will earn your trust. If you sign up at the 1500 or the Deer/Turkey/Waterfowl Expo I'm the one with the distinguished grey beard ;)

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Hopefully we will have a new Executive VP/CEO who will earn your trust. If you sign up at the 1500 or the Deer/Turkey/Waterfowl Expo I'm the one with the distinguished grey beard ;)
    I just may make the 1500 to do that and shake your hand for all the work you do here and on the Constitutional Carry issue last year.

And yes, all you old hippies claim it is a distinguished grey beard...:oldwise:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And it is just that, an opinion. For all the BS and whining gun rights are better now than before WPL. I know correlation is not causation but the WPL timeline jibes with the positive changes in gun rights.

Why would the left take down WPL so viciously if he was just a grifting embezzler? Wouldn’t they compromise him to just hobble the organization if he was not effective?
    If Disney pushed out Iger but just replaced with some VP from his yes team and nothing else changed, would you spend your money on their products again?

Does Bud Light pushing out the moron who hired Mulvaney as a brand spokes-it make you think its all better at A-B now?

I'll wait and see what other changes happen before they get a dime. If they die, they die - should have gotten rid of Wayne when the membership told them to

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not even sure what that means…
    'The left' did not turn WLP into a preening bloodsucker nor did 'the left' install a compliant board of directors that enabled him

'The left' merely took advantage of the weakness WLP created at the heart of the organization via cronyism and financial mismanagement

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom