KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Andrew Arulanandam the General Operations Director is the interim Executive VP/CEO. Per my SUPER SECRET INSIDE SOURCE this is standard line of succession stuff. The board has not yet met to select a new CEO.

Below is a quote from Charles Cotton (NRA Board President.) Bold and underlined is my emphasis. Am I reading into this, or does that not sound very "interim"?? I mean he is the guy who will call the vote and would have a REAL good idea who is on the short list.

Cotton said, “On behalf of the NRA Board of Directors, I thank Wayne LaPierre for his service. Wayne has done as much to protect Second Amendment freedom as anyone. Wayne is a towering figure in the fight for constitutional freedom, but one of his other talents is equally important: he built an organization that is bigger than him. Under the direction of Andrew Arulanandam, the NRA will continue to thrive – with a renewed energy in our business operations and grassroots advocacy. Our future is bright and secure.”

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Andrew Arulanandam the General Operations Director is the interim Executive VP/CEO. Per my SUPER SECRET INSIDE SOURCE this is standard line of succession stuff. The board has not yet met to select a new CEO.

Below is a quote from Charles Cotton (NRA Board President.) Bold and underlined is my emphasis. Am I reading into this, or does that not sound very "interim"?? I mean he is the guy who will call the vote and would have a REAL good idea who is on the short list.

Cotton said, “On behalf of the NRA Board of Directors, I thank Wayne LaPierre for his service. Wayne has done as much to protect Second Amendment freedom as anyone. Wayne is a towering figure in the fight for constitutional freedom, but one of his other talents is equally important: he built an organization that is bigger than him. Under the direction of Andrew Arulanandam, the NRA will continue to thrive – with a renewed energy in our business operations and grassroots advocacy. Our future is bright and secure.”

That doesn’t scream interim…

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I wouldn't mind if they clawed back the $17 million, either. It would show me the next CEO is serious
    LaPierre pulled the parachute cord because doing so releases Millions in severance funds from NRA bank accounts, which he will need to defend himself in his upcoming corruption trial.

I am a Life Member of NRA. But if they think I'm going to help replenish those funds LaPierre just sucked out, they are wasting their time.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Seems like many folks want the NRA to be run like a local gun club. It was harnessing the power of the members and their money at the highest levels. If buying blow and hookers is used to kill anti 2A legislation I am all for it. Don’t really care about the how, just the results. And while I wished for more freedoms, they did pretty good holding off gun control in the new century…
    "Hookers and Blow?"

Well, I kinda figured somebody might be sad Wayne LaPierre is gone :bowdown:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I wish it were as simple as removing one silk suit.

For Gun Grabbers the NRA will always be the enabler of massacred and mutilated school children. No matter who is running it.

Now, just like the very broken and divided Republican Party, the weakness in the machine is going to need more than a new President to fix it.

With the new generation of voters, and with each and every shooting incident (accident, violence, criminal, mass shooting and plain negative use) good guy gun rights are under fire.

Lobbying used to have more power in Washington but filthy rich entrepreneurs are now running the show.

At my age I can only support the 2nd Amendment as I have spent my life doing, but for the future, the new generation wants answers, not cliche’s, to fixing the real problems with American Gun Crime.

To do that, the NRA needed Bruce Wayne.

See you on the range

Trapper
    The problems do not now and have never had anything to do with outlawing guns. The antis have always pushed that idea. They want the civilian citizenry disarmed. That is a simple pseudo-solution to a complex problem, but is something that gets traction. Addressing the multi-faceted problem isn't popular, because it doesn't fit with the left's woke agenda. No politician wants to point out the real facts.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    I am not sure from a PR stand point if putting a Sri Lankan in charge is a good idea.
    Interesting. Perhaps a Black Muslim transgender non-binary woman would be a good choice. "Why do you want to disarm a Black Muslim transgender non-binary woman and leave me at the mercy of the White supremacist's?!?"

The sound of White liberal heads exploding would be like the 4th of July. :popcorn:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Do you think what 2A defenders do is more than mommies needing action put together?
    As much as I hate the Cool-Aide drinking group-think and lack of critical thought from the Mad Moms, they show up.

In 2021 at the hearing for ConC in the House Public Policy committee was the first (and probably only) time the pro-2A side outnumbered the antis.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I have a few thoughts. I will admit that I was one of those that avoided the NRA due to to WLP.

I did donate to NRA-ILA, and GOA, and FPC. Will I donate to the NRA now that WLP is gone, probably, but there do need to be changes made. Things that allowed WLP to get away with fleecing the membership of the NRA should not be allowed to happen. Part of what we have already heard in the NY lawsuit should not have happened, proper accounting practices should have been followed.

The other thing that worries me right now, is that 78 members of the board of directors. The AVERAGE for a corporation is 12. The NRA is 6 times higher than the average for a large corporation. Most non-for-profits have less than that 12 as well. The idea is to keep as much money for doing your good works, rather than paying for executives. I speak as a former member of a non-for-profit board (Past President, Vice-President, and Treasurer at one time, but not all at the same time).

We do need a strong NRA, but the board and the organization brought this on themselves by allowing corrupt practices happen. The NRA doesn't need an ultra pure person as the CEO, however they do need someone who will do what is best for the NRA and its membership, rather than what is best for them, same with the Board of Directors.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...We do need a strong NRA, but the board and the organization brought this on themselves by allowing corrupt practices happen. The NRA doesn't need an ultra pure person as the CEO, however they do need someone who will do what is best for the NRA and its membership, rather than what is best for them, same with the Board of Directors.
    Exactly. We don't need a pure Executive. We just need that Executive to be bounded by some meaningful rules. There were two forms of corruption here: the Legal kind (eg. Wayne's employment contract), and the Illegal kind. We can rely on AH liberal AGs to sniff out the illegal stuff. But we need rules (ie, Bylaws) to protect against the first kind, because we will never know what kind of largesse is included in someone's employment contract. If it weren't for the AH liberal New York AG, we would still be completely in the dark about this.

As of this writing, the NRA is still under threat of legal dissolution because of what LaPierre and the Board did. You cannot defend that. When your organization is under threat of dissolution by a court, that is the essence of p.sspoor leadership.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom