Watering ban enforcers are going to be all over this job posting!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    have no less than two close calls every week, due to drivers talking or texting, please put the phone in the trunk while driving.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Instead of protecting us from ourselves for every imagineable thing (a VERY dangerous slope and history has shown this to be the camel's nose under the tent far too many times!), why not just hold us accountable for what we actually do?

Too simple?

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    But but but....what if someone in NY is walking/texting AND drinking a Big Gulp? Might as well just OC while they are at it. Right???[/QUOTE Right,and have a smoke too,if you are walking,texting and smoking you might cross the 8 ft.from an entrance line of death.:nailbite:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Instead of protecting us from ourselves for every imagineable thing (a VERY dangerous slope and history has shown this to be the camel's nose under the tent far too many times!), why not just hold us accountable for what we actually do?

Too simple?

Nope, not for me. For politicians and cowards it is though.

However, one way to cut way down on texting while driving would be for insurance companies to refuse to pay on claims when an accident occurs and they find out you were texting. My son was a defendant in a lawsuit resulting from a car accident and one of the first things they asked for was his phone records, which they checked. And it came up in depositions that he was not on the phone before or during the accident.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Nope, not for me. For politicians and cowards it is though.

However, one way to cut way down on texting while driving would be for insurance companies to refuse to pay on claims when an accident occurs and they find out you were texting. My son was a defendant in a lawsuit resulting from a car accident and one of the first things they asked for was his phone records, which they checked. And it came up in depositions that he was not on the phone before or during the accident.

You Free Market radical! :patriot:

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    But but but....what if someone in NY is walking/texting AND drinking a Big Gulp?....

Well then, this...

death-to-the-death-penalty.jpg

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Ironically, 2 weeks ago while in St Louis we witnessed a corrections officer walk into oncoming traffic while texting on her cell phone. Van hit her full speed, into the windshield, over the roof and slid 100' down the street before stopping in a broken pile.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I don't agree with it, but much of the motivation for this kind of crap is CYA legislation for municipalities IMO. Tort reform would go along way to eliminating the need for these kinds of laws.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Man we used to have this really simple thing i cant remember what it was called, let me check the interwebs real quick.

Here is it.

can_o_whoop_ass_tilt2.jpg

When you could whip someone's ass for being stupid it helped cure stupidity. At least sometimes.

bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Curious what's up wIth the thread title? You think a watering ban is a bad thing for liberty?

If I depend on a municipality to provide my water service It doesn't really matter if I agree with a watering ban. *I think a bunch of city or county employees driving around feeling for wet grass first thing in the morning is a problem though. *Well unless this is going to be classified under one of those new "Green Jobs" that allows for more Federal Funding...

I think its a little unfair that they base enforcement on a green lawn. *If there is a ban why not enforce the actual usage? Or better yet, if supply is low increase the price. *People would use less water.

I stated in an earlier post that my family of five probably uses more h2o than my neighbor and his wife who have the only green yard on the street. *The wife travels for weeks at a time and they have an efficient sprinkler system to keep the yard they both love green.

We are doing our part as a family to cut back but I also expect a bill for the water I use.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I love when laws are created to help protect us from ourselves.
    It's for our own good, after all.

We NEED the government protecting us from ourselves. Obviously there aren't enough parents out there left with common sense to be able to teach their demon spawn. These same helpless parents can't teach their mouth breathing, inflated ego-having, morons anything about responsibility. We NEED the government to protect us.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Curious what's up wIth the thread title? You think a watering ban is a bad thing for liberty?

Yes, water restrictions during a rare drought are threatening to liberty. Add to the list eating well, general fitness, recycling, and everything not wasteful.

Top Bottom