Was I wrong??? (INGO hat spotted in Evansville)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ok, I don't want to be That Guy, but we do have a rule about personal attacks on INGO and there's been a lot of bagging on a guy who we know to be a member. Can we get back on track without resorting to name calling?

Thanks

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    Ive been thinkin about this.......you guys talkin about wearing the hats to find each other.....its hard to find each other WHEN I DONT HAVE A HAT.........man whats a guy gotta do to get a hat around here........thats how you can tell the damn economy is bad....a man cant even get a stinkin hat now-a-days.......on a side note this guy is a ding dong with a cap D and maybe by reading all of this he has learned the error of his ways.........You know as well as i do hes problly one of those tacticool guys......

sig-sweet

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    People like that......don't waste your time worrying about it. He probably was on a double secret mission to save the world; you could find that out if you can find his girlfriend (yeah right) and she'll tell ya.

If you did blow his cover.....you know there's a backup agent in the room to pick up the slack.

He's not the only one that watches secret agent television you know. I know a thing or two about secret agent hi-jinks too.

ah man.. I just blew my cover!!!!

the quilt is to hot........(code words for I just blew my cover, another agent will take my place)

Last edited:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Was in Evansville recently for a conference. I usually don't go up to people and just shoot the **** out of the blue. Especially about guns or the like. Even though my intent wasn't to pry, he did wear a INGO hat!
    I mentioned I liked the website and I was a member. He looked at me as if I asked for his first born. "Mind your own F-ing business" he said. "just announce I have a gun you jack ***" I didn't even mention guns, I just said I liked the website. He did a great job announcing he had a gun though.
    I have a few choice words do describe this guy, and I hope you/he reads this!
    Was I wrong? I figured he had the hat on, it would be safe.

Next time you encounter someone of this disposition. When they respond with "Mind your own blah, blah, blah just announce that I have a gun blah" Tell them not to wear firearm related apparel. Because that INGO hat just screams I have a gun on me... :rolleyes:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Next time you encounter someone of this disposition. When they respond with "Mind your own blah, blah, blah just announce that I have a gun blah" Tell them not to wear firearm related apparel. Because that INGO hat just screams I have a gun on me... :rolleyes:

I prefer to jump back in alarm and yell "WHAT?!?! YOU HAVE A GUN?!?!"

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me. Granted I haven't watched hockey regularly since the strike, and haven't been really into it since Roenick, Chelios, and Belfour were big names on the Hawks.

As for the OP. What a douche. I hate people like that. If someone came up to talk to me about Ingo I would be stoked.

Those were some good times for Chocago fans!

Fergy35

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NE Corner of our gre
    No, you were not wrong. This guy was way out of line. If I had an INGO hat (hope to get one at the show) and was wearing it, I would expect to be asked about it. Heck, I've had several freebie hats from vendors and have been asked "what's a _ _ _ _?" by lots of people. When I wear my Colts hat, I end up talking with other Colt's fans. I would imagine a gun related hat would attract other gun types. I know my NRA hat does.

I wouldn't loose any sleep over this guy. Just isn't worth the effort.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I can't believe you blew his double naught spy gig.

May be he'll go back to brain surgery, playboy, or movie producer.

Last edited:

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    Just blow it off ,,you did nothing wrong the guy was a Friggen jerk. As far as the Red Wings (cough cough) i guess like me every one has to have a team,,hell im still trying to remember when the Bruins won a cup.LMAO OH OH OH yes i want to get one of them beanies too so i can be a undercover spy,,,darn it just blew my cover,,oh well maybe i can get a hat for my Avi.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Was in Evansville recently for a conference. I usually don't go up to people and just shoot the **** out of the blue. Especially about guns or the like. Even though my intent wasn't to pry, he did wear a INGO hat!
    I mentioned I liked the website and I was a member. He looked at me as if I asked for his first born. "Mind your own F-ing business" he said. "just announce I have a gun you jack ***" I didn't even mention guns, I just said I liked the website. He did a great job announcing he had a gun though.

Did he look anything like this?

picture.php

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Checkout the thread by printcraft about" being discreet":ingo:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If he's wearing a hat that says INGunOwners.com on it, then he's annoucing it himself. He doesn't need to be getting pissed off that someone asked him about it. It was my impression that's why we have the INGO gear. Here's an idea though, if you dont want people to know you have a gun, dont wear apparel that says you have a gun. =/

This.

I hereby revoke that piece of gear. If what you say is true, I' challenge that individual to post here. If you are the rude guy in question, PM me your addy and I'll buy the hat back personally...

And This. :yesway:

Ok, I don't want to be That Guy, but we do have a rule about personal attacks on INGO and there's been a lot of bagging on a guy who we know to be a member.

My first thought was "oh crap, if the guy DOES come forward, we'll have an awful lot of infractions to pass around!" :D;)

Top Bottom