• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I didn’t insult you. Honest men apologize when they’re found to be wrong. They don’t keep digging. If you find expecting someone to acknowledge their mistakes insulting, then I apologize.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I should add that like it or not every police officer (edit: and those that dress and act like cops bc the videos are gonna look like police did it) is an ambassador for “the brand”. When we look at branding in other companies and professions, we all think about how nice the people are that work at chic fil a. You go there expecting someone to be kind, polite and professional. When you call Comcast you are, in my experience, given a long wait time, the run around, dishonesty, and overall poor customer service. That’s the branding like it or not. If YouTube videos start to come out weekly of chic fil a employees being rude and disrespectful , doing nasty things in the back then the brand will be tarnished. People will stop going Problem with the police branding is that it’s not like you can just choose another service. Hell it’s not like you can even choose not to use the service at all. It might stop and tell “hey you come here and show me your ID”

what did you do wrong? nothing but it doesn’t matter. Hope the officers having a good day and doesn’t feel threatened right?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Blah, blah. Blah...
    INGO is not a good place for anti-cop talk, my friend.

Plenty of other places on the web to rag on police.

I'm sure there are lots of cop bashing conversations to be had on Facebook, Twitter and reddit.

Please, let's talk about guns and the 2A and such. Take that other talk elsewhere on the web where others want to hear it. We don't want to hear it here! :twocents:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    INGO is not a good place for anti-cop talk, my friend.

Plenty of other places on the web to rag on police.

Please, let's talk about guns and the 2A and such. Take that other talk elsewhere on the web where others want to hear it. :twocents:
    Yep leave the echo chamber intact. Got it thanks

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here's an idea. Find out the number of police interactions every single day on average in the U.S.. Then find out the number of "bad" (unlawful) police interactions every single day on average in the U.S.. Divide the second number by the first and let us know what you come up with. It's easy to cherry pick incidents from sites that focus on these "bad" interactions and take that as representative of the whole. I think you might find that your result would be statistically insignificant. Let us know what you come up with.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    @rooster... Tik Tok, some Reddit subs and a number of YouTube channels are also echo chambers.

There are some predominant opinions on this board, but it is not an echo chamber. Every major police incident that goes vial nationally is analyzed here with all points of view presented.

And, unless someone on either side violates very basic rules, debate, sometimes heated, is had. This board is predominately Pro-2A, Pro-1A and pro law and order... but echo chamber, definitely not.

If you're looking for an echo chamber, for example, look at anti-gun reddit subs like /r/GunsAreCool (link) rules if you want to voice an opposing opinion... that's an echo echo echo chamber. :)

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Maybe you should stick to more objective, non-echo chamber forums, like bAd_cOp_nO_dOnUt on Reddit, which you mentioned earlier in this thread. You can tell just by the name of the subreddit that it is a bastion of civil discussion and diverse points of view. Go tell them how the INGO echo chamber "gaslighted" you, and I'm sure you'll get lots of fake internet points and virtual pats on the head.

Just don't say anything even remotely reasonable about the police. You might accidentally find out which place is the real echo chamber.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    DQ.gif

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ya know there’s only one other group in America that says all dissent must be silenced and that’s the left. Think on it boys
    I'm sorry you are having trouble finding gun owners to side with you, against police.

Again, consider the fact that you are barking up the wrong tree here.

You claim to know about the left. Cop hating is their playground, maybe that's your sandbox? Think on it boy... ;)

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Ya know there’s only one other group in America that says all dissent must be silenced and that’s the left. Think on it boys
    All you had to say was: “when I posted this video I didn’t understand what I was watching and claimed it was something it wasn’t. Sorry about that.”

Instead you posted other videos of dirty cops as proof of your premise, while simultaneously claiming you have nothing against the police. Those actions don’t seem to match that claim. Next you claimed that you didn’t personally say ACAB, but, ya know, “people” say it. Personal knowledge of a popular anti-police subreddit was next introduced as evidence of your clearly unbiased position. Then you said that it didn’t matter anyway because people view cops as all the same. Then you accused people who disagreed with you of being in an echo chamber. Now they’re leftists. All because you can’t just admit you were wrong. Apparently that’s so difficult that you keep doubling down again and again, except nobody is buying it.

I think the only things left on the Bingo card are claiming victimhood or leaving the thread because everyone else is unreasonable.

Last edited:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So let me ask all the ingo Leo and Leo supporters. What are you gonna do when local law are asked to go door to door to collect the guns?

The issues of guns and police overreach/abuse and evidence planting are intricately tied. The very roots of gun control are from when the black panthers started following police while armed and standing by to be advocates of those that were being stopped.

Yes jsharmon the video i posted turned out to be bail bondsman. The point of my post saying that it doesn’t matter if that video turned out to not be police or not was that it doesn’t change public perception.

It doesn’t change the purpose of what I intended. A thought provoking discussion on WHY people don’t like the cops and why might we have thousands of people in the street chanting and protesting the police.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Rooster, I like ya, most of what I’ve read of yours I’ve agreed with, but in this case I think you’re wrong. There are a TON of LEO, id say an overwhelming majority, that would hold their coworkers accountable if they were breaking the law. Hell, there’s tons of videos of police arresting other police for dui, wreckless driving, etc... of course that doesn’t make the news and if it does it’s buried. Of course there are bad cops, but there’s also crooked engineers, bad chefs, bad teachers, etc. Don’t paint with such a broad brush, I’m willing to bet some of the guys you respect the most here are/was LEO.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So let me ask all the ingo Leo and Leo supporters. What are you gonna do when local law are asked to go door to door to collect the guns?

The issues of guns and police overreach/abuse and evidence planting are intricately tied. The very roots of gun control are from when the black panthers started following police while armed and standing by to be advocates of those that were being stopped.

Yes jsharmon the video i posted turned out to be bail bondsman. The point of my post saying that it doesn’t matter if that video turned out to not be police or not was that it doesn’t change public perception.

It doesn’t change the purpose of what I intended. A thought provoking discussion on WHY people don’t like the cops and why might we have thousands of people in the street chanting and protesting the police.
    I think you’ll find that very few LEO would be willing to go door to door and confiscate firearms. MAYBE 25% of an inner city force, but probably even less than that. They’re so overwhelmed with crime they are under manned as it is, the last thing they’re going to do is put 100% focus on door to door search and seizures.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    So now we’ve moved on to hypothetical gun confiscations? I really am trying to follow your point in this thread, but it’s just all over the place.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Rooster, I like ya, most of what I’ve read of yours I’ve agreed with, but in this case I think you’re wrong. There are a TON of LEO, id say an overwhelming majority, that would hold their coworkers accountable if they were breaking the law. Hell, there’s tons of videos of police arresting other police for dui, wreckless driving, etc... of course that doesn’t make the news and if it does it’s buried. Of course there are bad cops, but there’s also crooked engineers, bad chefs, bad teachers, etc. Don’t paint with such a broad brush, I’m willing to bet some of the guys you respect the most here are/was LEO.
    I’m not painting with a broad brush. Unfortunately i seem to have found myself as being painted as the opposition because I thought a discussion of the opposition and their viewpoints would be thought provoking and intelligent. But it has devolved into this and if I have to be the bad guy for bringing up the poor branding that police have right now then so be it. I’m fine with that.
    As to them being overwhelmed I understand and agree. I spent some time working as an armed guard during the riots and was thoroughly disturbed at the amount of calls I heard on the scanner and amount that IMPD simply couldn’t respond to. I spent my nights listening to the scanner for the same reason I follow BLM Twitter and follow certain sub Reddit’s. I wanted intel, fighting without information and intel when it’s readily available is a fools errand.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

The point of my post saying that it doesn’t matter if that video turned out to not be police or not was that it doesn’t change public perception.

1. Refuse
    2. Hard to change perception with so many useful idiots willing to further a false narrative.
    3. Lol, and might have something to do with the aforementioned idiots and public perception.

Top Bottom