• ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I mean a quick google and I can provide dozens of these videos and hundreds of court cases where a judge decided that evidence was planted or fabricated.

Well, this is not that!

Maybe try again? :dunno:

FWIW, these (planted evidence) come up in my YouTube feed because I look for "bad cop" behavior videos. Over the years, I've viewed several... been outraged... then looked for the "full video" and context, not just the snippet. All have been similar to the following, two uniformed cops cuffing suspect and white object falls/thrown from suspect's hand, third patrol cop goes over, squats down, picks up a white baggy... gets yelled at for touching the evidence, throws it back down... the snippet only shows the throwing back down part.

Rinse, repeat ad naseum... so I stop looking at those unless someone purports them to be the real deal.

I've only seen a few legit "planted evidence" court cases... prosecutors withholding exculpatory evidence (Brady) is far more common, IMO. When it does happen, it's national news.

ETA: The people who edit the original, full video down to a false snippet are doing it purposefully. They are liars with an agenda. Others who repost/retweet the snippet are not reliable "reporters" of fact, they haven't done their homework... they are not liars, but are allowing themselves to be used as tools of the first group.

point is this is why people say that all cops are bad. Not that I personally agree or disagree. But I’m not a fan of what I the videos I on see almost weekly now.
    This we can agree upon... this is why some people say ACAB... they take videos like this one at face value.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    For Chrissakes. "All cops this"..."All cops that"...it's a stupid position to take based on their own confirmation biases. All cops are nothing, they can't be. No group is all anything. This stupidity is based on some negative interactions within Millions of police/citizen interactions a year.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I know there are more than a few cops on this board. I know that many here are very supportive of the police. That said videos like this come out daily. Don’t believe it? Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/Bad_Cop_No_Donut/

Until the populace starts seeing the good cops stand up and arrest the bad ones the public perception of police will continue to deteriorate. What are you gonna do to change it?

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I read on another site:
    "Before the video started recording (or after the convenient edit) the bailbondsman had seized the "contraband" from the bail-skipper in the heat of the moment...and what you see in the video is him looking for somewhere (other than his back pocket) to secure it and simply showing it to his partner."

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I know there are more than a few cops on this board. I know that many here are very supportive of the police. That said videos like this come out daily. Don’t believe it? Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/Bad_Cop_No_Donut/

Until the populace starts seeing the good cops stand up and arrest the bad ones the public perception of police will continue to deteriorate. What are you gonna do to change it?
    If your perception of the police is formed based on spending your free time haterbating while watching cleverly edited videos on an anti-cop subreddit, that's not anyone's problem but your own.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If your perception of the police is formed based on spending your free time haterbating while watching cleverly edited videos on an anti-cop subreddit, that's not anyone's problem but your own.
    I think your mistaking my purpose of the post. This was meant to be a thought provoking exercise due to the current events and political climate.I saw this video on my Twitter and thought this was as good of an example as any to be thought provoking. I didn’t dig deep into the the back story. I watched it and saw what appeared to be planting of evidence by someone.

I myself served in the reserves with plenty of cops I call my friends. I do not however subscribe to the modern hero worship of the badge that has seemed to have become the norm.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I think your mistaking my purpose of the post. This was meant to be a thought provoking exercise due to the current events and political climate.

I myself served in the reserves with plenty of cops I call my friends. I do not however subscribe to the modern hero worship of the badge that has seemed to have become the norm.
    You posted a video of bounty hunters not doing anything wrong to talk about cops?

I think maybe you need to provoke yourself to think a little harder.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You posted a video of bounty hunters not doing anything wrong to talk about cops?

I think maybe you need to provoke yourself to think a little harder.
    Edit: video is NSFL and highly disturbing

Wanna be snarky? Defend this.
    Dallas PD was called to the scene about a man with mental illness and then pinned him down laughing and making fun of him for 14 minutes while they suffocated him. Timothy timpa was already zip cuffed by a private security guard before police even arrived at the scene. My original point stands and I can cite stories all day to back it up. Wanna know why people say ACAB?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This looks like :poop::poop::poop: drummed up by the defund the police crowd?

Take that crap back over to your lib cop hating social media sites!

Many thank you's to our INGO professional LEO's who continually give us insight into their world and how it affects our world. Their input to INGO is priceless. :ingo:

I'm sad that you had to put up with this. :tantrum:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I think your mistaking my purpose of the post. This was meant to be a thought provoking exercise due to the current events and political climate.I saw this video on my Twitter and thought this was as good of an example as any to be thought provoking. I didn’t dig deep into the the back story. I watched it and saw what appeared to be planting of evidence by someone.

Yes, you saw a video that supported your ideals and you posted it without vetting it in any way. Reading that Reddit gave me a headache, all the stupidity in one place. From that same forum, it was discovered that the Bondsman took handcuffs from his back pocket and placed them into the trunk. NOTHING to do with police corruption. However, people on a police corruption forum don't see anything BUT corruption. No one on that forum paid a bit of attention to the explanation and they continued on their tirades that all police are currupt...blah blah blah. Some video are pretty self evident. However, the vast majority are worthless without context. BTW, I never like being called a "hero" and when they threw that term around for EVERYONE who worked during the shutdown, I cringed. The only hero's I know are dead. Police officers are human. They are hired from amongst other humans and are prone to human failings.

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

I think the first is by identifying and quantifying the problems... and there are definitely problems and bad cops. If you have 750,000 people of any stripe, some are going to be bad... rotten in fact... even if they are sworn law enforcement officers.

Arrest? I see many videos of bad cops behaving badly... criminal? Not so much.

How about judges that issue no knock warrants? What is their culpability? For example, Breonna Taylor, the judge, the supposed gatekeeper, IMO, should have said... "Wait! She works regular shifts... at a regular job. You need to give me some damn good reasons you can't just meet her in the driveway with the search warrant when she gets home from work?"

No knocks should be rare... extremely... and reviewed with a fine toothed comb to avoid deadly mistakes.

Some cops are fine people, but should not be officers with a gun. They don't have the fortitude and end up shooting unarmed people over "furtive motions with their hands" or clutching their chests while being tased on the ground. If you value "going home tonight" above "not shooting and innocent", then you shouldn't be a cop, IMO. You got "protect and serve" all backwards.

Maybe start with Sen. Tim Scott's law enforcement reform legislation... anyone disagree with anything in that?

Maybe start with some things that many/most people can agree upon... and not burn **** to the ground?

Maybe hold the judge and Chief/Sheriff directly responsible for "no knock" warrants? Sarbannes/Oxley like, get it wrong and wear orange type responsibility?

BUT, the one way that absolutely will not work is labeling ACAB. Those who know, are related to, or come in contact with the 99%+ who are good cops know that is a lie... start with a lie and don't expect many people to listen.

Ditto forgery videos.

I've looked... not found any legit "planted evidence" videos... maybe there is one out there, but I've satisfied myself that it is so rare that fakes have to be manufactured... and far outnumber anything remotely legit.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Just don't ask anyone on a social media who is spouting ACAB what they would do if someone came by there house and robbed them, busted up their car, or physically assaulted them.

Cognitive Dissonance makes people cranky...

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

What "hero worship" are you talking about?

In the many years I've been on this and other forums, I've mostly seen "reserved judgement" for incidents, ie let's see what the facts are. That's not "hero worship," that's the same standard by which we should judge all.

Now, I will say someone who stands in harms way, or even more rushes into harms way protecting others is a hero in my book, whether that's a police officer or anyone else.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The counter to those videos:

It's long, because it doesn't edit out context (I really like this channel). Here's a cop, just doing a highly professional job.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    OP blindly posts a video he thinks supports his previously held beliefs. It’s pointed out that he’s wrong; it’s not police in the video. Instead of being a man and apologizing, he doubles down and tries to find different videos to prove cops are evil. Have I missed anything?

Kinda like fake race hoaxes where the "victim" did it to themselves, then say it was to "start a conversation."

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    OP blindly posts a video he thinks supports his previously held beliefs. It’s pointed out that he’s wrong; it’s not police in the video. Instead of being a man and apologizing, he doubles down and tries to find different videos to prove cops are evil. Have I missed anything?
    Lot of insults there so let’s take a minute to unpack that

my beliefs?the world isn’t black and white. I’m neutral on law enforcement. Really don’t have much of a negative opinion of them.Don’t have much of a positive one either.

Some cops are great and others not so much, as someone pointed out upthread they are human.

I do think some accountability is in order. It’s hard to watch some of these videos of horrible situations in which someone abuses their power and authority to brutally beat or murder someone and then gets a paid vacation. Worst case for most of the offending officers is they resign and then are hired by another department.

enough of this bad press is how you end up with the defund the police movement and people protesting yelling ACAB.

I won’t apologize for posting this, I didn’t say ACAB and I damn sure didn’t insult anyone by telling them “be a man” I said “wanna know why PEOPLE say ACAB” as in there is a segment of the population that believes and says this. Is it relevant to political discussion or any discussion to discuss the motives for that segment of the population? Or would you rather we pretend that situations like the breonna taylor shooting or the evidence planting in Florida didn’t happen and the people fueling the anti police movement are all delusional?

that story since I hadn’t linked yet

Top Bottom