• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I downloaded several mods for Skyrim through Nexus Mods using Vortex. I haven't had a problem with NexusMods or Vortex in many years. I do have a lifetime membership there.

I use Steam Library to launch Skyrim. All was working well UNTIL I downloaded these mods.

I hit "Play" through the library for Skyrim, it brings up the "launch" window, I hit "Play" from there and it runs for about five (5) seconds then goes back to play in the library.

I have uninstalled ALL of the mods I downloaded. I even uninstalled and reinstalled both Vortex and Skyrim to no avail. Initially I had a minor problem with Malwarebytes interfering with Votex but I shut it down briefly and all seems to have been resolved on that front. However, I was never able to launch Skyrim.

I suppose I could uninstall and reinstall Steam itself but that seems rather a long process. I have a lot of games through them.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I also have Civ 5 that I haven't run in awhile and it launched through Steam Library just fine.

Regards,

Doug

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Did you check the steam folder to make sure everything was removed when you Uninstalled the game? Sometimes corrupt files remain and they continue to corrupt the game. So uninstall, and check to make sure the skyrim folder is completely gone. If it isn't that's probably the problem.

Top Bottom