• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    A good policy for police departments to have: If a school wants to ban lawful weapons from school campuses, they have to run their own security, but can't have firearms, tasers, etc themselves. Off campus police can't respond to incidents on campus.

Wait a few days for the screaming for protection to begin...

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    A good policy for police departments to have: If a school wants to ban lawful weapons from school campuses, they have to run their own security, but can't have firearms, tasers, etc themselves. Off campus police can't respond to incidents on campus.

Wait a few days for the screaming for protection to begin...
    Sounds good.......
    But it'll never happen.
    The Liberal mentality is; "The State owes me protection."
    The Conservative mentality is; "Get out of my way so I can defend myself."
    Unfortunately the Liberals took over the colleges years ago and their stupidity prevails. :(

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    On another note: I just happened to traveling north on I77 today when I see 6 squad cars sitting in the median strip just south of the college. Then I hear a news flash about shots fired and an officer being down.
    I can't for the life of me, figure out why they were just sitting there as the hunt was underway. :dunno:

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    On another note: I just happened to traveling north on I77 today when I see 6 squad cars sitting in the median strip just south of the college. Then I hear a news flash about shots fired and an officer being down.
    I can't for the life of me, figure out why they were just sitting there as the hunt was underway. :dunno:

Were they occupied squads? Another thing is you have to realize there is usually a perimeter set up. Sounds like 6 offcs, deps, or troopers was a good start to add to the perimeter to me. :dunno:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Were they occupied squads? Another thing is you have to realize there is usually a perimeter set up. Sounds like 6 offcs, deps, or troopers was a good start to add to the perimeter to me. :dunno:

They were parked in two rows of three, all together. I saw three officers standing and talking. Plus there were patrols still responding that I saw from the N and S. It was strange, I thought. I'm not knocking them.

yotebutcher90

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    West Lafayette
    I know I may sound like a conspiracy person on this, but does anyone think it was done to bring in some more emotions with the numerous states having proposed bills for campus carry? It almost seems unreal with the whole way the situation happened with the LEO being the only victim before the gunman committed suicide.... very fishy in my eyes

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I know I may sound like a conspiracy person on this, but does anyone think it was done to bring in some more emotions with the numerous states having proposed bills for campus carry? It almost seems unreal with the whole way the situation happened with the LEO being the only victim before the gunman committed suicide.... very fishy in my eyes

You're not the first to say something like that when these things happen, and you won't be the last. Honestly, though, I don't think you'll find too many people that will agree to kill a cop and then kill themselves. Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely? Not very, IMHO.

Keep thinking, though. Please don't let me discourage you. No, this is not sarcasm.

Blessings,
    Bill

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Who cares where it started!? Once the guy went into VT property, where students CANT defend themselves, it became THEIR problem.

I for one think we should be able to sue campuses and businesses that revoke our constitutional rights which directly results in our injury/death.

:+1: I like that... hmmm a few multi-million dollar lawsuits and I bet those asinine policies would be revoked, post-haste!

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

Apparently, the officer pulled a car over. As he was performing the stop, the pos walked up and shot the officer. A suspicious person was later spotted in a parking lot and an officer gave chase. The guy ran a bit then shot himself. Sounds like he was trying to get away and realized he couldn't. It's sad to have to add another offiicer to the ever-long list of officers killed in the line of duty.

Top Bottom