Virginia rescinds ccw restrictions so now we can carry there... I think.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    Sorry about all the typos. I guess I just got a little too excited about this, and I am only running on one cup of coffee so far.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I was in DC last week. The big news locally was that the legislature was so upset with the Governor and his AG over this, that they were going to pass Constitutional carry. Veto proof. No permits required.

It was the lead story on the morning news when i got up in my hotel in Manassas last Friday. The legislators were concerned that Virginia residents would not be able to carry in the other States.

Tyranny was opposed. I think that's the rest of the story and the why of the sudden turnabout.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I was in DC last week. The big news locally was that the legislature was so upset with the Governor and his AG over this, that they were going to pass Constitutional carry. Veto proof. No permits required.

It was the lead story on the morning news when i got up in my hotel in Manassas last Friday. The legislators were concerned that Virginia residents would not be able to carry in the other States.

Tyranny was opposed. I think that's the rest of the story and the why of the sudden turnabout.
    I would certainly love for this to be the case. If there ever was a time to stand up to pure evil political hackery this was the time to do it. **** McAuliffe and his stooge lackey AG.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I have no doubt about what the head of the Virginia legislature was saying on the news Friday morning at 6AM. He was pissed and determined. The story of the Governor's selection is a story of itself. Corruption stinks everywhere.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Paging Que...

What are your thoughts on the "concessions"?

It's all smoke and mirrors. Those who are anti-gun will believe something was done to promote "gun safety" and those on our side will believe our rights have been infringed. The politicians will be satisfied and the people will continue to be at each other's throats. It's the American way. The only "concession" I've seen concerns the police at gun shows, but correct me if I'm wrong. Also, it's likely we will come into agreements with additional states, so that's a good thing.

Copied from my other post:
    I will admit that requiring state police to attend gun shows could be seen as intrusive and intimidating by those looking for something, but they already attend. Plus, for those who are squeamish about private sales, they can have an officer conduct a check on site and feel better about their purchase or transfer. I don't even see this as a loss, so what is the problem with this?

Top Bottom