• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    In case you have not seen the new release yet, these are great programs for deer hunters. I learned a lot at my first session, and I plan to go again.
    -------------------------

The Purdue Cooperative Extension Service, in partnership with the Indiana Department of Natural Resources’ Division of Fish & Wildlife, is once again sponsoring its’ award-winning series of September venison processing workshops. During each workshop, a deer will be skinned, butchered, and prepared in a variety of ways for the participants to taste. Food safety and handling procedures, as well as an update on deer health issues will be presented. Adult registration is $20, however children are admitted free of charge. All programs are 6-9 pm local time.
    Pre- registration is appreciated by calling the Wayne County Purdue Extension Office at (765) 973-9281.
    Date/Location:
    9/11 – Davis Purdue Ag Center, 6230 North State Road 1, Farmland, IN 47340 (Randolph County)
    9/12 – Pinney Purdue Ag Center, 11402 South County Line Road, Wanatah, IN 46390 (LaPorte County)
    9/13 – Northeast Purdue Ag Center, 4821 East 400 South, Columbia City, IN 46725 (Whitley Co.)

--------------------------

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The workshop I attended taught me some new tricks, there was a guy there who was also showing how to cook in a Dutch Oven.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    They used to have venison processing at the Hoosier Outdoor Experience at Fort Ben. It's coming up but the IDNR website doesn't say what will be there.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    They used to have venison processing at the Hoosier Outdoor Experience at Fort Ben. It's coming up but the IDNR website doesn't say what will be there.

Yeah, I took Mini Miguel to it. He was about 5 and cried. I thought that was funny... :laugh:

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    I'm pretty lucky, my wife grew up on a large scale farm so she takes care of the butchering. She can do a whole deer in an afternoon. She's actually been hunting with me for the last couple of years so hopefully this year she'll get her first one. Dan

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'm pretty lucky, my wife grew up on a large scale farm so she takes care of the butchering. She can do a whole deer in an afternoon. She's actually been hunting with me for the last couple of years so hopefully this year she'll get her first one. Dan

WOW!
    Does she have a sister? :rolleyes:

rausch51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The Ville

Hoosier Outdoor Experience has been canceled for the foreseeable future. I've heard lots of rumors as to why, but I believe the official answer is "due to lack of interest."

Top Bottom