• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    First off CAFOs are not FARMS. If they where a farm they could be there already. They are a Factory that want to put 7000 hogs in to a 40 acre area. Maybe you should educate yourself before you type. Just cause something is legal does not make it ok. Or vice versa. It is legal to stop law abiding people from carrying guns into all kinds of places is that ok NO it is NOT. Does that mean they are NOT violating your Second Amendment NO it does NOT.

Property rights work like this. (in a free society) You can do what ever you like on your property as long as you do not violate anyone else's rights (property) in the process. So I could build a CFAO on my land as long as that does not hurt any neighbors land. CFAO are known for the negative environmental impact of the area. Water contamination. Air pollution. Increases of asthma in children. This will be close to the local school with in a couple of miles. Property value drops by 40% in the first 1/2 mile of CFAOs. Then drops decrease as you go out to a 10 mile radius. Also mind you this is a well area (no city water) and that is the water that ends up getting contaminated.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    First off CAFOs are not FARMS. If they where a farm they could be there already. They are a Factory that want to put 7000 hogs in to a 40 acre area. Maybe you should educate yourself before you type. Just cause something is legal does not make it ok. Or vice versa. It is legal to stop law abiding people from carrying guns into all kinds of places is that ok NO it is NOT. Does that mean they are NOT violating your Second Amendment NO it does NOT.

Property rights work like this. (in a free society) You can do what ever you like on your property as long as you do not violate anyone else's rights (property) in the process. So I could build a CFAO on my land as long as that does not hurt any neighbors land. CFAO are known for the negative environmental impact of the area. Water contamination. Air pollution. Increases of asthma in children. This will be close to the local school with in a couple of miles. Property value drops by 40% in the first 1/2 mile of CFAOs. Then drops decrease as you go out to a 10 mile radius. Also mind you this is a well area (no city water) and that is the water that ends up getting contaminated.

Bla bla bla. Keep spewing your ignorance. I know more about CAFO's than you ever will. I've lived the life through family and friends. Every year people like you try to take control of something that you have no right to.

Tomorrow I will visit my bro in laws CAFO and drive by two more that are being built. All three families had to work harder and spend more money to grow their operations because of people like you.

Your claim of "hog factory" and them not being farmers is pathetic.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    I know he is a farmer but what he is installing is NOT a farm it is a Factory. If you read your own post you would see the threshold for a pig farm is 2500 pigs or less. Hence the rezoning to High Impact use. He owns the present agricultural area that he plans on switching some to this high impact zone. Where is you brother in laws CAFO located and how can I go about visiting it. I would like to see exactly what is proposed. How many hogs does he have there and what has been the impact on the surrounding homes? All I come up with when I type CAFO in google is the negative. I really wanted to go to his house to ask him about it but my wife shot that down. I have said before in this post if it has no negative impact on me or my land I could care less what he builds. The moment it negatively hurts me though then there is a issue.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Trust me, people like you are not welcome at his and many other homes. You have an agenda to make trouble for your own selfishness. To you this is just something to ***** and complain about. To them it is their life and legacy.

It's people like you who deserve to smell hog **** every damn day. Get ready, it's coming.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    So anyone go to the VALPO gun show that is held at the Expo Center on 49 and Division? This will be within about a 3 or 4 miles of there. It is going to smell like the INDY 500 with the lack of bathing LOL.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    We have an "adopted" daughter in Valpo
    I don't know the area but she lives in the city
    so I asked her about it. She says......

"I like bacon"

(love that girl)

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    JD grow up. Wishing bad on people is bad mojo. I have said and will say again for the mildly retarded that if there is no negative impact on me I could care less what they build. If it is going to negatively impact me then I care. All people should care about there property rights. And all people should defend others property rights. And I will defend this CAFO persons rights as long as they do not trump others rights. Since CAFO people say "Trust me, people like you are not welcome at his and many other homes. " that seems fishy. I am no hippy by a long run but I am a worried about this. If they have nothing to hide they should welcome people to see what is going on at there CAFOs. If they have something to hide then there is a issue. My Grandpa owned many slaughter houses in the NWI and South Suburbs of Chicago. He made is living that way. I can recall being a kid and running around the hogs that seemed to be 100 ft tall at the time. Im all for farming and eating pigs. What I am not for is destroying my property my well and my air. I have to live here and I want it to be safe for my children.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Still spewing garbage and refusing to educate yourself. I can tell from what I've read in the last ten minutes as long as this family does everything right they will get it built. I hope they do. Good for them.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    I want to educate my self but u said NO CAFO will allow me to see how they run there show. Kinda hard to learn when they wont open the door to show you. And kinda strange. As a gun owner I always want to show my gun hating friends why guns are good and not bad. If on the other hand I was all like know I don't want you to see any guns it would throw red flags up to the gun haters.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I understand you wanting to take a deep breath and back off the tension here, but the whole idea of "if you don't have anything to hide then you should let me look around" thing is pretty generally frowned on. Especially on INGO

I have nothing to hide but if you come to my home to look around. Bring friends with body armor and a warrant.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I want to educate my self but u said NO CAFO will allow me to see how they run there show. Kinda hard to learn when they wont open the door to show you. And kinda strange. As a gun owner I always want to show my gun hating friends why guns are good and not bad. If on the other hand I was all like know I don't want you to see any guns it would throw red flags up to the gun haters.

I was speaking for my brother in law and friends silly. As a gun owner, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Either way I would like to see how it works. When you google this thing it is all negative and the pics are disturbing. By being able to go to a place and see the "truth" I can either defend the guy or justifiably defend my self. If there is no negative I will go to the meeting defending the owner. If there is a large negative impact on my land I will go the other route.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    If they build something that they know will destroy the ground water and pollute the air that is a act of aggression. On the other hand if it has no negative impact on me or my land that im all for them. I can defend my self before letting someone injure me.

Top Bottom