Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not sure how how you feel but even if you're vaxed I don't see that your medical history is any of their concern.
    I don't really care. I've gotten my flu shot on site in the past.

Edit: For the record, I am against the mandate, but I made my vax decision before that was a consideration. I thought long and hard about it before deciding to get it. To be honest, I think I actually had the bug last year or earlier this year (I forget). No real symptoms other than loss of taste and smell. My taste is still jacked up.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I don't really care. I've gotten my flu shot on site in the past.

Edit: For the record, I am against the mandate, but I made my vax decision before that was a consideration. I thought long and hard about it before deciding to get it. To be honest, I think I actually had the bug last year or earlier this year (I forget). No real symptoms other than loss of taste and smell. My taste is still jacked up.
    It will be interesting to see as we all go along with time here, if and how many of us wished we would have made ‘the other’ decision, and to what percent confidence we have on our decision.
    I’m feeling 90%+ confident in my decision of no shot, but it’s kind of a no-win as much of my family has gotten it. I’m sure some will change their minds, probably not many on here.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It will be interesting to see as we all go along with time here, if and how many of us wished we would have made ‘the other’ decision, and to what percent confidence we have on our decision.
    I’m feeling 90%+ confident in my decision of no shot, but it’s kind of a no-win as much of my family has gotten it. I’m sure some will change their minds, probably not many on here.
    I'm 61 (closer to 62), overweight, sedentary work. Figured I was a good candidate. The main driver was when our granddaughter's dad, and his parents all got Covid. In fact the granddaughter stayed with us for 2 weeks while they all quarantined. That was before we got our shots though.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'm 61 (closer to 62), overweight, sedentary work. Figured I was a good candidate. The main driver was when our granddaughter's dad, and his parents all got Covid. In fact the granddaughter stayed with us for 2 weeks while they all quarantined. That was before we got our shots though.
    Yep. Remember you talking about that. Hope everyone’s well now.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Turned on the radio while driving home trying to pick up some info about the Evergrande mess, media people talking to lawyer representing the folks in New York who were faced with the choice of losing their job or getting stuck today. The smug derision poured out on these folks and their representative followed by fiendish pleasure at the their plight made me turn it off and wonder about the sanity of the news people.

I've seen and heard news people mad at politicians like Nixon and Trump, you expect it, but this is way over the top shrill, emotional, hysteria and it's aimed at common folks. I just don't see how we have gotten to this point, maybe some sort of aftershock from TDS?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Turned on the radio while driving home trying to pick up some info about the Evergrande mess, media people talking to lawyer representing the folks in New York who were faced with the choice of losing their job or getting stuck today. The smug derision poured out on these folks and their representative followed by fiendish pleasure at the their plight made me turn it off and wonder about the sanity of the news people.

I've seen and heard news people mad at politicians like Nixon and Trump, you expect it, but this is way over the top shrill, emotional, hysteria and it's aimed at common folks. I just don't see how we have gotten to this point, maybe some sort of aftershock from TDS?

Just the Left being the fine human beings they are.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Liberals tend to be the most angry people I've seen.

1632867975148.png

They're not the "peace, love and happiness" folks from our youth. And they've gotten a lot homelier too. ;)

1632868088524.png

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    At work, since they laid off some front line people, they actually had the nerve to ask for volunteers from other areas to work on the frontlines, even without pay as a way to "donate" our time... :rolleyes:

Most likely, what I would have told them, would have been epic. And terminal.

Probably why, whenever bigwigs visit my area, people stop by and steer me to other areas.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Most likely, what I would have told them, would have been epic. And terminal.

Probably why, whenever bigwigs visit my area, people stop by and steer me to other areas.

Fortunately we weren't asked directly. Manager mentioned it during a call and our daily newsletter had a link for those interested in virtue signalling like the good little progressives most of them are. I just deleted the newsletter out of my inbox after rolling my eyes hard enough to probably have damaged something... :rolleyes:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Fortunately we weren't asked directly. Manager mentioned it during a call and our daily newsletter had a link for those interested in virtue signalling like the good little progressives most of them are. I just deleted the newsletter out of my inbox after rolling my eyes hard enough to probably have damaged something... :rolleyes:
    good thing I don't have to worry about company emails then.

I tried to log on to my company just to start the retirement process, and couldn't.
    I had to call the "help desk".
    They said, my account had been deactivated since I hadn't logged on for something like 3 years.
    They couldn't understand that.
    I laughed.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That "dude" is not likely representative of the FDA, anymore than a military officer saying we should just nuke the b@stards....
    How can you look at him, and listen to him, and not say he's in charge of everything?

I wouldn't let him operate a copier at work.

chiraqi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2021
    Chicago but not for long
    I've noticed this too. The media isn't directing the viewer's anger at Trump anymore, they're directing it at his 'voters'... which is all of you, whether you voted for him or not.

Let's say you got the vaccine yourself but you're on the fence about a mandate on other people ... to the media and the White House, you're a bad person. There's no middle ground anymore, which makes most regular people the enemy.

I think they know they can't eliminate all those people. But they can punish them with frivolous requirements, mandates, masks and lockdowns.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Just got news early this morning of another person in our social circle that died from covid. That makes 3 fully vaxed, once healthy, friends or family this summer. The "vax" almost killed my bicycle riding friend, he still cannot function as good as a non athletic adult. the inlaw is still riding a wheel chair. It is really getting maddening having this illegitimate administration whizzing on my boot and telling me it is raining.

Sorry for being so angry. Magyars picture is just one of a 1000 things that confirms this is all a set up. We are sitting ducks for the evil empire.

Last edited:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I've noticed this too. The media isn't directing the viewer's anger at Trump anymore, they're directing it at his 'voters'... which is all of you, whether you voted for him or not.

Let's say you got the vaccine yourself but you're on the fence about a mandate on other people ... to the media and the White House, you're a bad person. There's no middle ground anymore, which makes most regular people the enemy.

I think they know they can't eliminate all those people. But they can punish them with frivolous requirements, mandates, masks and lockdowns.
    Yep, there are ways in which the Trump presidency revised the political landscape and the electorate relabeled, relibeled. The two minute hate has been put into practice but it was normalized at 24/7.
    they bought it.jpg

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    Just got off the phone with my mom. She buys into the masks protect me and everyone should be force vaccinated bit. She went to a wedding shower about 2 weeks ago. Every person there was vaccinated but one. Not sure how many were actually in attendance.
    I do know that 16 people are now COVID positive including my mom. She has had the rona, synthetic antibodies and 2 doses of the vaccine. The irony is they are all mad at the unvaccinated person. They say that had the unvaccinated person been vaccinated then none of them would be sick. You know. Because if you have the vaccine you can’t get get it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom