• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My point is that Ivermectin is a snake oil scam just like the scams we had during the Spanish Flu. For Covid we have horse dewormer, Lysol, fish tank cleaner and camel pee. Not so different than that Spanish Flu scams, history repeats itself and all that.

People are so scared of a vaccine that they will take dewormers instead. This is why education, rather than mandates, are so important.
    I'm beginning to think you are positioning yourself to be appointed to help manage the inevitable billions of dollars the vaccine manufacturers will be forced to set aside when the evidence of deliberate suppression of side effect information for the vaccines becomes inescapable

Would 30 pieces of silver be an adequate retainer?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I'm beginning to think you are positioning yourself to be appointed to help manage the inevitable billions of dollars the vaccine manufacturers will be forced to set aside when the evidence of deliberate suppression of side effect information for the vaccines becomes inescapable

Would 30 pieces of silver be an adequate retainer?
    Would that make him a grifter?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Aftwr reading all the COVID-19 and political threads today, I am so thankful for my ability to dispassionately assess all available data and integrate that knowledge to make the best decisions possible

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    You are asking us to believe ... what, exactly? Do you attribute the sharp drop in new cases to vaccines or masking? Since there is no evidence of such efficacy available from other countries besides Japan, it would seem that using YOUR standards we should conclude they don't work either (as many of us have)

While it is certainly possible that the abrupt drop in case rates coinciding with the recommendation to use Ivermectin in treatment is a coincidence, do you have a theory of what else might have caused the most recent wave to behave so differently? Show your work
    I’m not asking you to believe anything. Someone posted a theory that Ivermectin is the reason for the decline in cases in Japan. I saw what I believe to be serious flaws in that theory, and explained them in detail. If you have an argument as to where my thinking is off, then address it. Otherwise it seems like you’re saying my criticism should be discounted simply because I didn’t post an alternate explanation. That’s silly.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Aftwr reading all the COVID-19 and political threads today, I am so thankful for my ability to dispassionately assess all available data and integrate that knowledge to make the best decisions possible

What makes you think you are the only one or that others are not.

Aren't you special, bless your little heart....

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    What makes you think you are the only one or that others are not.

Aren't you special, bless your little heart....
    Somewhere in this post there's a straw man or maybe an argument from silence or some logical fallacy. I will let j s c r find a meme and post exactly what fallacy it is or maybe it's just a flaw

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I’m not asking you to believe anything. Someone posted a theory that Ivermectin is the reason for the decline in cases in Japan. I saw what I believe to be serious flaws in that theory, and explained them in detail. If you have an argument as to where my thinking is off, then address it. Otherwise it seems like you’re saying my criticism should be discounted simply because I didn’t post an alternate explanation. That’s silly.
    I fail to see how saying it can't be Ivermectin is any different from saying it must be. The case rate obviously dropped sharply. In the absence of any sort of evidence supporting your presumed argument that the evidence does not support concluding it is due to Ivermectin, is it sufficient to just leave it at that or should you not have an alternate theory to put forth explaining what you think happened? Otherwise you're just sniping

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I fail to see how saying it can't be Ivermectin is any different from saying it must be. The case rate obviously dropped sharply. In the absence of any sort of evidence supporting your presumed argument that the evidence does not support concluding it is due to Ivermectin, is it sufficient to just leave it at that or should you not have an alternate theory to put forth explaining what you think happened? Otherwise you're just sniping
    My stated reasons for why I believe it to be unlikely are spelled out above.

Ideas stand on their own merits, or they don’t. Continuing to argue that not having a better theory somehow validates a faulty one is still silly. It’s like ancient people sacrificing virgins to the gods. “Well, we cut Bob’s heart out and now the crops are growing. Boom!”

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I will enjoy my gin and tonic tonight, not because I figure it keeps the Covid at bay, although it can't hurt. Schweppes has been hard to find this year, but I picked up some bottles at a liquor store along the path of my travels. Combined with Tanqueray it will make for a pleasant evening in another hour or so.

Some might argue that that it's snake oil, but it's tasty snake oil.;)

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Yeah and people worship goats, and tattoo their penises, and all other sorts of crazy ****, what's your point?

By the way, how different is the vetinary formulation, the horse dewormer, than that which you would find in your pharmacy? Have you bothered to look?
    The picture of the Arkansas inmate article is of human Ivermectin. Does everyone understand that this drug is used by humans(FDA APPROVED) veterinarian ( non FDA APPROVED) for cattle,horse,dogs,pigs,sheep,chickens....The media has everyone thinking it is only horse dewormer.This drug is is highly effective for use world wide.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I will enjoy my gin and tonic tonight, not because I figure it keeps the Covid at bay, although it can't hurt. Schweppes has been hard to find this year, but I picked up some bottles at a liquor store along the path of my travels. Combined with Tanqueray it will make for a pleasant evening in another hour or so.

I've been using Jagermeister in combination with Blue Moon Ale to great effect. :)

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

Tonic water usually contains quinine, which is anti-parasitic. So, maybe? :dunno:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Try Fever Tree brand. It has real quinine, not artificial flavoring so many today have...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom